Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#61    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostVidgange, on 14 October 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this project unfolds, especially since we got our own expert panel here in Sakari and QuiteContrary :D

Just saw this.....I would not call me a expert either. I would love to ask some questions and give some feedback to the answers.

I have experience in RC craft ( FPV, Drone ), experience in the Pacific Northwest ( hunting, fishing, logging friends, hiking, living ), I have knowledge on this topic ( Bigfoot ).

Most of that is still nothing I would call " expert " on. Interested yes, expert no.Still learning.

I had posted before that I was pretty certain William would show up and participate. I have not had a reply from my 3rd email asking him to join in. I have a idea why, but I will give it a few days.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#62    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• Our differences make us who we are.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Is he even real? There is evidence on both sides of the fence.

#63    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostLesionia, on 15 October 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

Is he even real? There is evidence on both sides of the fence.

Actually there is nothing to date that qualifies as evidence that is solid enough or irrefutable enough to be considered actual evidence.  Prints?  Proof that something made an indentation in some mud, soil, or snow.  Photos/Video - sometimes compelling but hardly irrefutable or impossible to hoax.  Bits of fur or tissue......nothing has been proven from any of these to date, so they are evidence of something furry, with meat - but not Bigfoot yet.

#64    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,419 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

This would be interesting to do.   Sharing the recorded info with other scientists could also assist them with the tracking of known animals.  
I'm not sure this would be how to get the proof of bigfoot.   I think it could help determine where to look.

#65    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

What a waste of time and energy

#66    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Update :

Still waiting for William to answer.

I had emailed D. JEFFREY MELDRUM at Idaho State University to confirm he is involved. Below is my email to him, and his reply I just received.

Hello Jeff,

I am in a debate of sorts, and would like to have you confirm or deny that you are involved in a Bigfoot project, “ The Falcon Project “?

For someone to be asking for donations, I would like to see something more substantial that this is legitimate, and you have something to do with it also.

“ The research is to be coordinated through Idaho State University, with Dr. Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy & anthropology, acting as principal investigator. “

http://www.pr.com/press-release/446674

Thank you, I will await your reply before I make any decisions.

Robert

Yes, I am involved. I will be leading the scientific facet, with William and Jason on the technical arrangements. The University has approved the proposal and the ISU Foundation will be handling the private donations.

Jeff

Jeff Meldrum, PhD
Professor of Anatomy & Anthropology
Dept. of Biological Sciences
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8007
Pocatello, ID 83209-8007
208-282-4379

I can confirm the email came from Jeffs email address at Idaho State University.

I have asked Jeff to enter the discussion if he has time.

Edited by Sakari, 15 October 2012 - 03:53 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#67    Vidgange

Vidgange

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostSakari, on 14 October 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

Just saw this.....I would not call me a expert either. I would love to ask some questions and give some feedback to the answers.

I have experience in RC craft ( FPV, Drone ), experience in the Pacific Northwest ( hunting, fishing, logging friends, hiking, living ), I have knowledge on this topic ( Bigfoot ).

Most of that is still nothing I would call " expert " on. Interested yes, expert no.Still learning.

I had posted before that I was pretty certain William would show up and participate. I have not had a reply from my 3rd email asking him to join in. I have a idea why, but I will give it a few days.

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 October 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

Haha. If I’m an expert we’re all in trouble. A lot more information is needed on this ship and project, anyway.

Simply, I’ll believe in this airship’s forest animal (not holding my breath for sasquatch) tracking capabilities after it proves its forest animal tracking capabilities.

As a skeptic the whole project is fantastical, imo. But anything that flies I find interesting and I’d sure like to see it built and fly.

It’s this ship’s success for its intended purpose (the general tracking animal part not the specific sasquatch part) I have problems with, as a layman, and am far from deluding myself as some expert.

Fortunately for me, anyone (no tests no requirements) can participate in UM discussions. And fortunately for Meldrum, I won't be building his big ship. :)

Haha ok then, we got us some flying enthusiast at least! With two different views on this whole matter as far as  I can tell =)

All we gotta do is bump this thread up from time to time with updates and what not ^^

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

#68    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

I believe the project end-date is spring 2013.
So we don't have long to wait.

It will be one (large!) cool ship with impressive video tech.
And it won't be the first time I ate crow, er foam...

Maybe we'll all be visiting sasquatch at our local zoo in the near future.
Hope not. Hide, Mr. Big, hide!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 15 October 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#69    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostSakari, on 13 October 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

God, I know that......Damn!

Black Tail Buck eating behind house for last hour....Buck on my mind.........Thanks. :blush:

This guy to be precise....  

http://www.unexplain...attach_id=65898

Nice pic, Good luck during huntin' season. I just had to get a dig in on buck, ya know. LOL

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#70    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

I wonder if this can be shown to work on a bear, or cougar, if the government will buys some of these for use in tracking fugatives, finding lost campers, or in monitoring facilities in 3rd world countries. Could also be very useful in studing the movements of wolves, cougar and other large mammals.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#71    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Update on participation :

It appears that if you want to give them money, they will talk to you.....Lost any small bit of credibility I had for them.

From  Jeff Meldrum :

If you have a professional interest in discussing the details of the project I will be happy to talk to you in person.

I replied :

Nothing professional, but a lot of interested people that have a high interest in this topic. Both skeptical and “ believers “. Not a bunch of whack jobs, or kids, but adults that discuss these types of things. I live in the Pacific Northwest and hunt, fish, etc. here and I have a high interest in discussing it. I get it though, if no money involved, or high publicity, not time for it. Biscardi is just like that also. I was hoping either you or William would take a bit of time and answer a few questions. There are some very knowledgeable people there, and good people also. Hell, never know, maybe even people with money.

Thanks for answering anyway,

Robert Lester

Edited by Sakari, 15 October 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#72    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

I've got no money. :td:

Well funding on a project like this is critical. What is the custon airship and custon optics going to cost? Proably somewhere in the hundreds of thousands, so getting cash immediately is what they first need to do. I hate money grubbers, but understand the necessity.

Edited by DieChecker, 15 October 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#73    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 15 October 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Diechecker,

I have to say, I was actually happy Jeff is involved. I thought to myself " finally, a reputable person ", and " a University is involved also "......

Boy was I wrong. Just like any other Bigfoot expedition looking for money, no time for anyone else except donators, or high PR possibilities.

If the University was so interested, they would fund it themselves with Grants.

More people just showing what this fantasy is all about......Easy way to make money on the ignorant.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#74    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,324 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostSakari, on 15 October 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

More people just showing what this fantasy is all about......Easy way to make money on the ignorant.

I really think it depends on if they are going to build the thing or not. If there is no wastage of money, then I think it is a fine engineering project. A shaky scientific project, but a fine engineering one.

Biscardi tries to make money, and returns or builds... nothing. He does not even make a crappy TV show out of his taking of money.

#75    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 15 October 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Well funding on a project like this is critical. What is the custon airship and custon optics going to cost? Proably somewhere in the hundreds of thousands, so getting cash immediately is what they first need to do. I hate money grubbers, but understand the necessity.

View PostDieChecker, on 15 October 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

I really think it depends on if they are going to build the thing or not. If there is no wastage of money, then I think it is a fine engineering project. A shaky scientific project, but a fine engineering one.

Biscardi tries to make money, and returns or builds... nothing. He does not even make a crappy TV show out of his taking of money.

Both are true, and I should not have used the Bascardi comparison. ( especially since Jeff said he skimmed over this thread ). I just find it sad that they can not take a few minutes of their days to answer a few questions that people have is all. Yet, would have all sorts of time if money were involved.

Jeff, when you read my replies again, open apology for the comparison. I think you can understand how I feel with all of the scams and such out there.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users