Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

RBS branch sale to Santander falls through

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,218 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

The Guardian said:

Another embarrassing blow for the 81%-state owned bank as deal to sell 316 Royal Bank of Scotland branches collapses

A deal to sell 316 Royal Bank of Scotland branches to Santander dramatically collapsed on Friday night in the latest embarrassing blow for the 81%-state owned bank.

The £1.65bn sale of the branches to the UK arm of the Spanish bank was announced more than two years ago but has been repeatedly delayed by the logistical challenges of integrating two separate bank systems.

The European Union had ordered RBS to offload the branches by the end of 2013 as a condition of the £45bn of state aid the UK government pumped into the bank to stave off its collapse at the height of the financial crisis.

Read more

Another one nobody wants?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users