Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rho Cassiopeiae may go nova soon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 10:46 PM

A massive and very unstable star in our galaxy is likely to explode into a cataclysmic supernova any day, astronomers have predicted.

The giant star, known as Rho Cassiopeiae, was first observed shedding a huge mass of material three years ago by the Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: ABC News                                                

Edited by Magikman, 07 February 2003 - 06:00 AM.

#2    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 07 February 2003 - 05:56 AM

Excellent article J6, I'm going to move it to the News & Recent Discoveries section so it posts to the main page.  smile.gif                                                

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#3    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 02:55 PM

Thats a great article.

Supernovas are cool cool.gif                                                

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#4    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 03:39 PM

Thanks Magikman, I'll get the hang of this posting some day.
PS. I was wondering if you or someone else could do me a favor and let me know how to reach a moderator, yourself or some one else,  because I have a few ideas that I would like to bounce off you. Nothing heavy, just some fun stuff.
If this is out of line please disregard this note. Also if I should post my thoughts here on the BB then thats ok too. Let me know OK. Thanks again "M"                                                

#5    Guest_PinballWizard_*

Guest_PinballWizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2003 - 04:20 PM

J6P,

No, not out of line at all. If you would like to make some suggestions, SaRuMaN (Gareth) would be the one to contact, as he is the website administrator and founder of Unexplained Mysteries.  smile.gif  Just click on his name and you will bring up his member profile, then click on the 'Private Message' link, which will allow you to send him an Instant Message. He is on line several times a day, so he will see it almost immediately. He is always interested in feedback from forum members, and would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Magikman  cool.gif                                                

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,626 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 February 2003 - 04:21 PM

J6,

I'm always open to all ideas and suggestions for the site and forum, feel free to let me know what you've come up with.

smile.gif                                                

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users