Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Now there's more ice at South Pole than ever

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

Due to Republicans Draconian immigration policies the North Pole Ice have resorted to self deportation and moved to the South Pole.

#32    brizink

brizink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

now I'm no expert but, when ice freezes it expands, so as the ice becomes unpacked it melts an re-freezes resulting in "more" ice.

#33    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,339 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postbrizink, on 01 December 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

now I'm no expert but, when ice freezes it expands, so as the ice becomes unpacked it melts an re-freezes resulting in "more" ice.
But you have have the same, however it is going up up

#34    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Telekinetic

• 6,660 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 27 November 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

Due to Republicans Draconian immigration policies the North Pole Ice have resorted to self deportation and moved to the South Pole.
Love it.  LOL.

If you take any measure of climate - temperature, precip, ice surface area, tree rings, varves, sediment cores, stalactites, ice cores, whatever - and graph it, you get a wiggly line with lots of ups and downs.  Not every upturn or downturn indicates anything about climate.  Most don't indicate anything at all.  Trying to say that some minor wiggle proves or disproves global warming only indicates the writer's lack of knowledge of the subject.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users