Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Phantom Ring

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

For those who wear rings, even if just one, there is a certain sensation you get when you take your ring off and it feels as if it is missing from your finger. I get this all the time on my ring finger on my left hand where I normally wear a ring. Now for a year, at random times, not often but often enough, I get a sensation that I am missing a ring on my ring finger on my right hand where I have never worn a ring.

Could this be a past life sensation? A pyschic imprint of the future where I will wear such a ring? Or is it the symptoms of a degenerative brain disease that begins with getting signals crossed?

Edited by Chasingtherabbit, 14 October 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

That's really odd .I've never heard of this before.
I would guess,its somehow referred from the opposite hand ,or....for some reason ,the finger wants a ring. I would give it one,and see what occurs for you .

Miss me?

#3    VvROMULUSvV

VvROMULUSvV

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

3 things.

1. Close link to the similar phenomenon of phantom limbs. Where an amputee for a long time afterwards still feels the limb as if it's there.

2. Could be neural wiring problem where the sensation has transposed itself to the other side.

3. Why jump so easily to a paranormal explanation? It's like saying that somebody with restless leg syndrome used to be a runner in a past life! A little bit more critical thought required here...

#4    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,356 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I would tell your doctor about next time you go in.  I get a lot of strange sensations, but they are related to my MS.  Might be carpel tunnel.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#5    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Uh, I wouldn't leap to degenerative brain disease just yet.

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

VvROMULUSvV, on 14 October 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

3 things.

1. Close link to the similar phenomenon of phantom limbs. Where an amputee for a long time afterwards still feels the limb as if it's there.

2. Could be neural wiring problem where the sensation has transposed itself to the other side.

3. Why jump so easily to a paranormal explanation? It's like saying that somebody with restless leg syndrome used to be a runner in a past life! A little bit more critical thought required here...

There's no such thing as restless leg syndrome. It's a reason to make a new drug so people with tired legs will run out and get it.
Just my two cents on that .

Miss me?

#7    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Simbi Laveau, on 15 October 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

There's no such thing as restless leg syndrome. It's a reason to make a new drug so people with tired legs will run out and get it.

:rolleyes:

Please stop saying misguided stuff like this like it is fact. It is neurologically trackable and there are enough non-drug ways to solve it or lessen the sensation. For example, simple massage or stretching of the legs, warm baths, bed socks, etc. Not everything is as black and white as you like to think.

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,995 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

It seems strange that you would feel like you should have a ring on that finger when you never worn one there.  I would mention this to my doctor if it persists.

#9    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Put a ring on your finger and see how it feels

#10    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Simbi Laveau, on 15 October 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

Nope, absolutely a real thing.  Hope you never experience it.  I suffer from it and have for years.  Many nights spent crying hoping the feelings stop so I could sleep.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#11    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Chasingtherabbit, on 14 October 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

For those who wear rings, even if just one, there is a certain sensation you get when you take your ring off and it feels as if it is missing from your finger. I get this all the time on my ring finger on my left hand where I normally wear a ring. Now for a year, at random times, not often but often enough, I get a sensation that I am missing a ring on my ring finger on my right hand where I have never worn a ring.

Could this be a past life sensation? A pyschic imprint of the future where I will wear such a ring? Or is it the symptoms of a degenerative brain disease that begins with getting signals crossed?

Have you bumped your hand, wrist or arm?  Do you do a repetitive action with your hands (typing comes to mind)?

Before you jump to supernatural, I'd check with a doctor.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#12    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

RLS is the worst, well, its annoying

#13    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hey, this isn't a RLS thread! I also don't have carpal tunnel and have been tested for it during pre-employment medical exams.

I was also slightly humoring those who believe in past lives because I really don't but that did come to mind. In either case I prefer preternatural over supernatural.

But I would still like to hear more supernatural reasons because I find them entertaining and I like to wonder about fanciful things.

I did mention degenerative brain disease because I heard a radio interview with someone who has Alzheimer's and they said their very first symptoms were the sensation of having your phone in your pocket begin to vibrate although they did not have a phone in their pocket. God I hope it is nothing like that or anything else.

Just a very weird sensation. If anyone has any other suggestions (besides don't jump to the supernatural, trust me I am not but still want to hear it because it is entertaining) then please add them.

#14    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Simbi Laveau, on 14 October 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

That's really odd .I've never heard of this before.
I would guess,its somehow referred from the opposite hand ,or....for some reason ,the finger wants a ring. I would give it one,and see what occurs for you .

Darkwind, on 14 October 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

I would tell your doctor about next time you go in.  I get a lot of strange sensations, but they are related to my MS.  Might be carpel tunnel.

wolfknight, on 17 October 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Put a ring on your finger and see how it feels

Thanks guys, very appreciative of your responses especially the above three posts.

Maybe I will just buy a ring for that finger. James Avery here I come!

#15    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Who is James Avery?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users