Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Phantom Ring

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostHerNibs, on 17 October 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Nope, absolutely a real thing.  Hope you never experience it.  I suffer from it and have for years.  Many nights spent crying hoping the feelings stop so I could sleep.

Nibs
*shakes head*
It's a neurological condition ,that has existed forever,that they gave a name to ,about 15 years ago,so they could go about prescribing drugs to any poor woman with a leg twitch.
Im not saying the condition doesn't exist,but its not a new ailment ,and its not really a leg problem .The fact it had not even been heard of before twenty years ago,as restless leg syndrome ,and suddenly its named and there are drugs for it ,says volumes to me.

It should be treated at the source as a spinal condition ,and not with dangerous drugs .They're even renaming it after two doctors,that lived centuries apart ,for what reason ,I have no idea.
  I treat people with the issue,and they get relief from spinal treatments ,not the drugs .

Miss me?

#17    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 October 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

*shakes head*
It's a neurological condition ,that has existed forever,that they gave a name to ,about 15 years ago,so they could go about prescribing drugs to any poor woman with a leg twitch.
Im not saying the condition doesn't exist,but its not a new ailment ,and its not really a leg problem .The fact it had not even been heard of before twenty years ago,as restless leg syndrome ,and suddenly its named and there are drugs for it ,says volumes to me.

It should be treated at the source as a spinal condition ,and not with dangerous drugs .They're even renaming it after two doctors,that lived centuries apart ,for what reason ,I have no idea.
  I treat people with the issue,and they get relief from spinal treatments ,not the drugs .

For someone who claims to have medical knowledge you know surprisingly little.

Diseases have to be defined so they can be treated and followed up. That is just common sense.
You can't say to a person "oh you have leg disease" for every infliction that affects legs.
You can't say to a person "you have face issues" for every infliction that affects the face.

In your world patients who need treatment and who need definitions of what is wrong with them should just be satisfied with a doctor saying "it's just leg stuff, dirnk some chamomille tea".H
Have you not paid attention these last couple of decades where ppl scream for their ailment to be acknowledged?

In order to make treatments available, either chemical or not, a certain type of affliction needs to be defined. Or else doctors could describe benzo's for acne for example.
All has to be defined, surely you must realise this.

Sure the DSM is going overboard if shyness is even defined as an illness. But certain ppl just need that little extra treatment and definition which they could not get if no one defines what ails them.
Stop all the conspiracy BS. There are a myriad type of ppl out there, and some benefit from it so try opening your mind a lil bit more.

Edited by Render, 19 October 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#18    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,033 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 October 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

*shakes head*

I know exactly what it is.  Regardless of what it is called today or not, it is real.  You treat?  What is your medical background?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#19    VvROMULUSvV

VvROMULUSvV

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 October 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

There's no such thing as restless leg syndrome. It's a reason to make a new drug so people with tired legs will run out and get it.
Just my two cents on that .

Since I brought up the whole restless leg syndrome thing, would you like to have a go at another condition?

Possibly 'Foot in mouth'?

Yes, of course I jest but you really shouldn't demean actual conditions. Of course it's neurological as you stated later on but you're first comment denounced it completely. Personally I just don't get Anorexia, but I'm not about to go around telling to them to just eat because it's all in their head and they're deluded with Body Dismorphic Syndrome..

No Simbi Laveau, leave that one alone! :no:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users