Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Evil Dead Remake

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46    draugr

draugr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• It's a secret to everybody.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, I'm not so keen on this.  Watched the trailer that was released a while back, and when I realized the campiness of it was gone (which is part of why I love the original trilogy), decided I'll be saving my money on this one.

#47    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

View Postdraugr, on 24 March 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm not so keen on this.  Watched the trailer that was released a while back, and when I realized the campiness of it was gone (which is part of why I love the original trilogy), decided I'll be saving my money on this one.
The first one was not campy ,at all...it was very basic horror ,on a low budget ,that set the standard for any movie like it,that came after it.
Part two was psychological ,part three was all camp .

Miss me?

#48    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Ok. The raves are how did it get just an R rating. What a bunch of Pussies the censors must be ,to think this warranted an NC-17,for just violence and gore .
I think only explicit sexual situations rate NC-17 .ok . There wasn't even nudity . Spare us extreme right .

As for the movie ,if you are NOT a fan of the original ,you will have your socks knocked off. If you are ,the mood won't be exactly right .
There wasn't enough development of the thing in the basement ,like the original .
There's a lot more plot tho.
A preamble to the story . A very different reason as to why they're out there.
It has its merits ,but....something was missing for me .

It's extremely creepy ,huge amts of gore and just sick stuff. That being said,the possession parts,albeit in the first one,just seemed too much like a possession movie for me ,at some points . They are much crieepier than the average possession movie though .
The end has a bit of a twist ,that I was already aware of .
Do watch it to the very very end of the credits .Very very very end ....
The trailers for other movies were Carrie and iron man .
Iron man looks off the hook ,carrie ,watch the original .

Miss me?

#49    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

It stands on its own as a horror movie.....nothing like the ones before.
Enjoyed it very much.. The gore is pretty harsh but I actually expected more.
Didn't understand the NC-17 rating......people still had their kids in the theater.
Stay til the very end of the credits.

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#50    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Remakes. Been so many. Most missed the mark but some hit home. And its not only the cult classics like Evil Dead, but the classic classics like King Kong and The Wizard Of Oz as well. I guess in Money Wood, nothing is sacred. I wonder how long it will be before Citizen Kane or Gone With The Wind are presented slammed full of CGI. Actually I'm surprized they haven't done The Rocky Horror Picture Show yet or eek! The Exorcist.

As far as Bruce Campbell, I think he's great at what he does. He nailed Army of Darkness. Any one catch Bubba Ho-tep? And I was glad to hear the new evil dead had such a great opening weekend. America does love its gore. Personaly, I'll wait for the DVD and watch it with a beer and a dubby.

#51    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,797 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 11 April 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Remakes. Been so many. Most missed the mark but some hit home. And its not only the cult classics like Evil Dead, but the classic classics like King Kong and The Wizard Of Oz as well. I guess in Money Wood, nothing is sacred. I wonder how long it will be before Citizen Kane or Gone With The Wind are presented slammed full of CGI. Actually I'm surprized they haven't done The Rocky Horror Picture Show yet or eek! The Exorcist.

As far as Bruce Campbell, I think he's great at what he does. He nailed Army of Darkness. Any one catch Bubba Ho-tep? And I was glad to hear the new evil dead had such a great opening weekend. America does love its gore. Personaly, I'll wait for the DVD and watch it with a beer and a dubby.
I happen to be a fan of Bubba Ho-tep. I thought Bruce did a great job of acting.

#52    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Fudge

• 6,675 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 11 April 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

I happen to be a fan of Bubba Ho-tep. I thought Bruce did a great job of acting.

LOOOOVED bubba ho tep!

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators die and the power they took from the people, will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish... Soldiers don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think or what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder... Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.  You are not machines. You are not cattle. You are men. You have the love of humanity in your hearts.

#53    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

I actually saw Bubba in the theater when it was first released. Still waiting for Bubba nosferatu . There's even a BN facebook fan page,begging he make it .

Miss me?

#54    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

I recently watched the oriGinal Evil Dead.    It was more funny than scary and so very gory.  I don't think I will see the remake, just the trailer in the theater was enough to gross me out.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#55    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Evil Dead, the original, was awesome..... part from the play doh special effects that is.

Or, come to think of it, maybe it had sort of a 80ies charm.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#56    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I'm watching Evil Dead II right now - I'm about to watch Army of Darkness once it's done.

I'm a huge Evil Dead fan because my 34 year old brother is a horror movie enthusiast.

Like someone mentioned, the first Evil Dead was primarily a horror movie..

Back in 1980, however, it was super controversial because of some scenes.

Spoiler

The low-budget makes it seem campy in comparison; it's a 33 year old movie, expect it to be campy.

Evil Dead II shows a different side of Ash; he's a little braver. The lack of the original characters kind of threw me off, so I view the Evil Dead II as a sort of remake/spiritual sequel. The actress who plays Linda, his girlfriend, is even different.

In Army of Darkness he solidifies his B-list super status..

As for the Evil Dead remake, the whole heroin sub-plot sort of threw me off..

I liked how it was a good homage to the original... But it tried a little too hard.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi, 05 September 2013 - 12:26 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#57    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

I own the originals and wasn't expecting to like the remake much, but I did.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#58    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

As expected the new Evil dead had nothing of the original movies charm.... goory and creepy maybe, but not even close to the first 3.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users