Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vicar gives 10 to every parishioner

reverend paul peverell rev pev

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,503 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

The Reverend Paul Peverell’s flock happily contribute to collections during his Sunday services.

Yesterday, however, it was Rev Pev – as he is fondly known – who gave back to church-goers at Christ Church in Great Ayton, North Yorkshire.

Rev Peverell gave a £10 note from the church coffers to each parishioner who attended his Harvest Festival services.

http://www.dailymail...al-service.html

Posted Image

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,228 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

There are people you have to pay to get them to do anything.  But he should of been handing out his own money instead of someone elses.

#3    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

There was a harvest service at my daughters  church last Sunday..Becky said they had the church full of plants and veg....

Anyhoo.. Handing out 10 quid for each person there, he didn't have to do that.. They would have went there regardless. BUT  in saying that I guess he did that to say thanks ...

If I knew the local minister at the church in my area was handing out a tenner for each person attending?  I would have a few outfits on that day...  Changing my clothes and disguising myself - Walking home with a wall of notes  in my pocket :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 14 October 2012 - 10:44 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users