Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hitting the bulls' eye

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,693 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

You would think we would learn from our mistakes.  Perhaps we are not rational at all, but creatures who strive to be objective and just but get swallowed up in our interior world.  Our past molds us, our present often is reacted to because of our past and the cycle seems to be permanent.  There is hope of course, for there is some progress.  We do have the concept of human rights, even if we have a hard time living up to the idea.  Yet we know when we fail, so in that is the seed of hope and growth.  We miss the mark a lot, but we can learn to aim better if we continue to at least try to hit the bulls’ eye.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,407 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

You would think we would learn from our mistakes wouldn't you.  For some of us we have to keep repeating the same mistakes before we learn then I don't think some ever do.

#3    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,267 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

I think most of us do learn from our mistakes, eventually. And while our past does have a role in molding us, it doesn't have to dominate our adult life. If at my age I haven't dealt with issues like this and resolved them, then that's on me. We're all wounded, one way or another, but if we can find the wherewithal & courage it takes to begin healing, we can move forward and create the life we want instead of the life we had and we can begin to act instead of react.

#4    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

View Postmarkdohle, on 14 October 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

You would think we would learn from our mistakes.  Perhaps we are not rational at all, but creatures who strive to be objective and just but get swallowed up in our interior world.  Our past molds us, our present often is reacted to because of our past and the cycle seems to be permanent.  There is hope of course, for there is some progress.  We do have the concept of human rights, even if we have a hard time living up to the idea.  Yet we know when we fail, so in that is the seed of hope and growth.  We miss the mark a lot, but we can learn to aim better if we continue to at least try to hit the bulls’ eye.
When you say 'bulls' eye' are you deliberately talking about more than one bull, or is it a typo? It changes how I interpret the post so please let me know which you intended :)

Posted Image

#5    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,693 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 15 October 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

When you say 'bulls' eye' are you deliberately talking about more than one bull, or is it a typo? It changes how I interpret the post so please let me know which you intended :)

I met one bulls eye, but can easiy mean more as well.  We have many chances in life to get it right or wrong.  If you have not noticed, I suck at language LOL.....almost failed English, grammar was beyond me......

Peace
mark

View PostBeany, on 15 October 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

I think most of us do learn from our mistakes, eventually. And while our past does have a role in molding us, it doesn't have to dominate our adult life. If at my age I haven't dealt with issues like this and resolved them, then that's on me. We're all wounded, one way or another, but if we can find the wherewithal & courage it takes to begin healing, we can move forward and create the life we want instead of the life we had and we can begin to act instead of react.

Always love your wisdom my friend.

peace
mark

#6    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,267 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 16 October 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

I met one bulls eye, but can easiy mean more as well.  We have many chances in life to get it right or wrong.  If you have not noticed, I suck at language LOL.....almost failed English, grammar was beyond me......

Peace
mark

Always love your wisdom my friend.

peace
mark

And you are absolutely right, Mark, there is ALWAYS hope; that's how we create a better future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users