Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What if money was no issue?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Ask yourself. What would you do with your life if money was no object?

Edited by Render, 15 October 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#2    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Pack a bag and start walking and try to get as much out of life as I could. Then when I find a place that I like then I'll do what I said I would do in the winning the lottery thread. The walkabout would take a very long time though so i doubt I would ever get the chance to settle.

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

Probably just learn as much as I could, history, math, etc. Just consume knowledge with my eye mouths and suck it in with my ear lips and chew it up with my mind teeth.

Edited by Hasina, 15 October 2012 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'd be the only mule in a hammock on a beach in Tahitti

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#5    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hmmm, so actually 2 out of the 3 here prove that money is a necessary element in society to keep ppl ambitious, to accomplish things.

I find it odd how some simply say "travel" or "lay on the beach all day every day". What about purpose? If i have to believe you guys, ppl would completely loose a sense of purpose if money would not be an issue. That's pretty sad.

What would ppl do with their lives? Sure I'd also would take more vacations, but what else??? What would you become? A painter? A scientist? A philosopher? A CEO? Or just a non-ambitious tourist for the rest of your life?

#6    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostRender, on 15 October 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Hmmm, so actually 2 out of the 3 here prove that money is a necessary element in society to keep ppl ambitious, to accomplish things.

I find it odd how some simply say "travel" or "lay on the beach all day every day". What about purpose? If i have to believe you guys, ppl would completely loose a sense of purpose if money would not be an issue. That's pretty sad.

What would ppl do with their lives? Sure I'd also would take more vacations, but what else??? What would you become? A painter? A scientist? A philosopher? A CEO? Or just a non-ambitious tourist for the rest of your life?
Not ambitious, I work a lot for the money I need. To feed myself, to clothe myself, etc. If I didn't need to work, I could use that free time to learn. To answer your question, I'd become a scholar, retain knowledge, maybe rewrite it for others in a humorous fashion and teach others, maybe become a teacher too?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    lizzieboo

lizzieboo

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• He was more like a succession of extraordinary events than a person. (Douglas Adams)

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Move to Maine immediately and finish remodeling the house.
Purchase an MRI machine for the local hospital (here) and set up a fund to provide free MRIs in perpetuity.
Set up another fund to supply children with either contact lenses or permanent vision correction (b/c I remember what it was like to be a little girl wearing glasses and having other kids call me "Four Eyes").
Set up yet another fund to provide warm clothes and regular meals to children in need. And one for disabled people who fall through the cracks of the current system.
Return to college...and never stop earning degrees (Literary Theory and Criticism, Folklore, Comparative Religion, Archaeology, Philosophy...oh, the possibilities are endless!).
Set up college funds for all my great- nieces and nephews (and for Gary's grandchildren).
Open a no-kill rescue farm with an onsite veterinarian and take in all the dogs and cats other people throw away.
Take an Alaskan cruise
Learn to sail a tall ship
Visit the UK, France, Greece, Santorini, Italy (esp. Venice), Egypt, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Iceland, Kenya, Cameroon, Madagascar, Botswana, Nepal...
Adopt about six more Newfies. At least.
Help as many other people as possible; in particular, elderly people, veterans, sick children, hungry children

Please note this list is not in order of importance. Nor is it complete.

All right, I see what's going on. This is the opening salvo in what will be an escalating series of juvenile tit for tat exchanges. Well titted! Stand by for my upcoming tat. --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

#8    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Become a teacher/scholar and travel the world with my girlfriend and explore the unknown and discover what the world has to offer.

Edited by TheLogic, 15 October 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#9    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

I would become a Starship Captain.

#10    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

To boldly go where no man has gone before?

#11    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostTheLogic, on 15 October 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

To boldly go where no man has gone before?

Yeah man. If money was no object? Go get me a doctorate from MIT, start building starships. Heck, I may even be a founding member of The Federation.

#12    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Sounds like a plan!
Don't travel through the barriers of time just yet though :P

#13    GhostHunterChickx

GhostHunterChickx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 15 October 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Pack a bag and start walking and try to get as much out of life as I could. Then when I find a place that I like then I'll do what I said I would do in the winning the lottery thread. The walkabout would take a very long time though so i doubt I would ever get the chance to settle.
I would definitely have a long travelling holiday, but couldn't do that forever x
I would go on more ghost hunts to discover what happens after death, if anything....and I would rescue animals in need and maybe by a farm to live off the land :-)

#14    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,769 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostMaestro, on 15 October 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I would become a Starship Captain.

I hate to break this to you. but no amount of money can achieve that one (at least not currently).

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#15    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Lily,
You are correct but we can all dream :)
And I'm sure with an infinite resource pool we could find a way :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users