Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What if money was no issue?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,397 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

What you aint got you cant spend,no problem !

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#47    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostTaun, on 12 December 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

You see... The problem is that the premise was that money was not an issue... not talent...  Everyone has the talent to be a tourist... Not quite as many to be artists, scientists, etc...

Apparantly it's difficult for some ppl to think of this question in more abstract terms.

What the question means is "what would you do if didn't have to worry about the obstacle money can be"
For example, a lot of ppl skip college because they simply can't afford it. Some want to be lawyers, rocket scientists, astronauts but cant. Because the lack of finance won't let them.

Science isn't a talent, it's thinking about things...every child is a scientist, they wonder and they ask questions and they test things. It's not a special talent.

#48    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Get on a shuttle and head into space.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#49    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

It is possible to have a no currency society...but if money isn't an issue, the resources would be...that would eventually lead to expansion to gain more resources...not just on Earth.....Pretty much colonizations of other worlds without money holding it back.

#50    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

There is a difference between money being no object and having all the money in the world to spend......... in any case, i would be a self sufficient farmer.. i would raise goats, chickens and also have gardens and an orchard..... this is something i am working on now(already have chickens and started an orchard)... it is a bit harder to do  because money is a barrier but slowly and surely i will get to where i want to be.

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#51    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Seriously. I'd start with saving save the Rhino and Tiger by giving Rangers some decent technology like choppers drones and firepower. Then I'd save the orangutan, grey nurse shark and keep saving endangered animals.

Edited by Chooky88, 16 December 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#52    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,761 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm a fledgling homesteader, so I would keep doing what I'm doing.. Only I wouldn't have to worry about the fiscal resources to do everything.

#53    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Speaking from the viewpoint of money not being an issue, I still remain doing exactly what I've always done. I recently retired from the armed forces, traveled, paid off debt, bought some toys, and now I still work in the same field, I wake every morning for my daily physical work out, I put in long hours working, consulting, training, and basically do everything I did before. Only difference is what I can do for fun and charity. Nothing else changed.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal, 16 December 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#54    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,961 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

I would convert the worlds food supply to a permaculture system ending hunger, set up a world wide project like the manhattan project to harness some sort of clean energy for the world, I would fund the most promising prospects for cures for our most pressing medical issues. I would create a world wide effort to get people to eat fresh organic local farm products, and give up processed food or anything that is not fully organic, or from local permaculture farmers.

Wow I got a few more. But it might go for days.

In the end they would call me the anti Christ and I would retreat to some tropical island with my own luxurious cruise ship like nuclear powered submarine to see the world.

Oh yeah. I would also creat another manhattan project style global project to create the first Orion starship. Equipped with stasis and everything.

Oh yeah.... I would also create a global manhattan project style project to harden the worlds Electronic infrastructure against emp from the sun. we have a solid chance in this lifetime and the next of loosing all our progress if we don't.

Edited by Seeker79, 16 December 2012 - 11:13 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users