Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Abortion a lesson ?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31    Viviana98

Viviana98

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

I see both sides of this and this is a very difficult topic...I also think this is something very personal and for others to make another feel bad for a decision they made or didn't make is not in any of our places. We never walked in that person's shoes and if they choose to take it as a life lesson and they learned from it that's a good thing in my opinion. Any time anyone learns anything is a positive thing...may not have been a postive experince in how they learned it but they learned it non the less. For anyone to sit here in judgment of anyone else it not okay.

And no for the record I have never had an abortion but I am pro choice and I believe that its up to each individual to make that choice...nobody elses.

#32    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

My ex wife HAD to abort my second possible child because it was a tubal pregnancy. She didn't want to. She HAD to have our else she would've died. On her way into & out of the clinic, she was attacked by truly evil & ignorant individuals. They called her all sports of names; W**re. S**t. C**t. B***h. S****r. They made feel like the lowest of the low for doing something that she had no real choice in. She didn't want it done. I didn't want it done. I know that was my son & I had no choice but to lose him.

Now I ask you. Who is truly evil in this? Who is the real sinner? The woman who had to abort her child despite her desire to keep it, lest she die along with the child or the people who judged her harshly without knowing her story. Those people call themselves "Christians", yet we all know the what that antiquated novel called "The Good Book" says about judgmental behavior & casting stones.

Those individuals were the real demons & I'm truly disgusted with them & those who agree with them.
as the Whitey Ford song says: God forbid we had to walk a mile in does, because then w might know what it's like to have to choose.

#33    Cybele

Cybele

Married to the Void

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

• Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

View Postmfrmboy, on 15 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Many people believe we are here to learn lifes lessons and say the things we go through are meant to teach us.  Many of these people are against abortion (pro Life).
Maybe these aborted baby's were never meant to be and were only created to be some lesson the  mother needed to go through.  
Some want to outlaw abortion even in extreme cases but isn't that creating a bigger problem and perhaps altering the lesson that the mother, father or whoever was to learn ?

It's pretty messed up and egocentric, imo, to view aborted fetuses as "lessons" whose only purpose in their brief existence was to be of use to someone else. I suppose I might consider many people in my life, or on these forums, only in terms of their utility to me. You could all exist for the sole purpose of teaching me a lesson and helping me advance in my spiritual growth, if I believed the world revolved around me.

There are good arguments against outlawing abortion, but I don't consider the one you mention among them.

Edited by Cybele, 17 October 2012 - 02:59 AM.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson

#34    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 5,717 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

This is the one issue, that because I'm a man, I feel that I should not offer an opinion.

Regarding abortion, the only analogy that comes to mind, is that it's like the seed salesman trying to dictate to the farmer how to grow the crop. All he should do, is offer support, nothing else.

#35    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

I really truely believe this is what broke me and the exwife up. She put her career ahead of a child. She decided to have an abortion and told me that she didn't want a child. To this day it still bothers me. Now I don't  have a child. To this day I wonder what it would have been.

#36    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

View Postwolfknight, on 17 October 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

I really truely believe this is what broke me and the exwife up. She put her career ahead of a child. She decided to have an abortion and told me that she didn't want a child. To this day it still bothers me. Now I don't  have a child. To this day I wonder what it would have been.

I am sorry that you lost out like that...Sometimes women will put their careers ahead of many things including little children...   Is it too late for you to keep trying with someone else?     Have you ever thought about adoption?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#37    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 16 October 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

My ex wife HAD to abort my second possible child because it was a tubal pregnancy. She didn't want to. She HAD to have our else she would've died. On her way into & out of the clinic, she was attacked by truly evil & ignorant individuals.

That is truly sad and rotten what happened to your ex wife.. I am sure it tore her up and at times it still does...  A lot of women have been advised to abort due to medial complications, and I feel so sorry for them all

They called her all sports of names; W**re. S**t. C**t. B***h. S****r. They made feel like the lowest of the low for doing something that she had no real choice in.   
That's because they are clueless..  Part of that is their fault, and part  of it  is not their fault...   I'll explain what I mean below..

We know that selfishness and greed  can lay a nasty and a heavier impact on society  and it can over shadow  many important things in life....  People have seen women go in there to have it killed and destroyed  all because of selfish needs .. That impact will overshadow the others who have no choice but to abort because of  poverty problems  and medical reasons  etc that they wish were different and they didn't have .. This will be over shadowed by the selfish women  any day of the week ..People will only see the negative and selfish reasons..and sadly it sticks ..It is like that with everything in life.. It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the barrel ..  This of course is unfair to the women who have to abort and don't exactly have a choice..

Now I ask you. Who is truly evil in this? Who is the real sinner?   

Them and the women who made it look bad for the rest...

Those people call themselves "Christians", yet we all know the what that antiquated novel called "The Good Book" says about judgmental behavior & casting stones.

Many tend to forget that  many moons ago... A good few Christian families would have made/ forced their unmarried daughters  to abort...and some would have killed their daughters newborns at birth because of their religious beliefs  A few newborns were spared because an older sibling who was married agreed to adopt the child and raise it instead of the natural mother... . Didn't want to put shame on their family and faith ..  I was told this years ago and read more about it.. It is true...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 October 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#38    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 October 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

I am sorry that you lost out like that...Sometimes women will put their careers ahead of many things including little children...   Is it too late for you to keep trying with someone else? Have you ever thought about adoption?
Yes it is to late I am 56 and not wanting to starting making babies at my age

Edited by wolfknight, 18 October 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#39    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 October 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

That is truly sad and rotten what happened to your ex wife.. I am sure it tore her up and at times it still does...  A lot of women have been advised to abort due to medial complications, and I feel so sorry for them all

That's because they are clueless..  Part of that is their fault, and part  of it  is not their fault...   I'll explain what I mean below..

We know that selfishness and greed  can lay a nasty and a heavier impact on society  and it can over shadow  many important things in life....  People have seen women go in there to have it killed and destroyed  all because of selfish needs .. That impact will overshadow the others who have no choice but to abort because of  poverty problems  and medical reasons  etc that they wish were different and they didn't have .. This will be over shadowed by the selfish women  any day of the week ..People will only see the negative and selfish reasons..and sadly it sticks ..It is like that with everything in life.. It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the barrel ..  This of course is unfair to the women who have to abort and don't exactly have a choice..

Them and the women who made it look bad for the rest...

Many tend to forget that  many moons ago... A good few Christian families would have made/ forced their unmarried daughters  to abort...and some would have killed their daughters newborns at birth because of their religious beliefs  A few newborns were spared because an older sibling who was married agreed to adopt the child and raise it instead of the natural mother... . Didn't want to put shame on their family and faith ..  I was told this years ago and read more about it.. It is true...

You're absolutely right BM. It's shame that we as a society, myself included, at so judgmental. While this did year her apart, she is fortunate enough to be expecting another one. It will be another Gemini June baby like my daughter. I'm truly happy for her but am also happy to say that it's it's not mine. I just don't think I could handle the financial responsibilities of another at this point in my life. Divorce has sort set me back to square one. I'm also glad that I'm not married to that woman anymore because Jeebus she is fertile lol.

I do hope to have another one day in another one day, in hopeful ly will be a far more successful relationship. & I hope it's another little girl. That's right UM. I'm a man that wants nothing but daughters. I just like the idea of Daddy & his girls.

Edited by Biff Wellington, 18 October 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#40    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Goodness. Swype makes me look like such an uneducated fool.  SMH

#41    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

I've read that the soul doesn't enter the fetus until it's 3 months old, so that if the mother decides for abortion or the baby dies for some other reason, what really dies is only the body, which is only a sort of "means of transportation" for the soul ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#42    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Can't wait till I can get an ultrasound of when the soul swoops into my baby, totes cool man.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#43    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 18 October 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I've read that the soul doesn't enter the fetus until it's 3 months old, so that if the mother decides for abortion or the baby dies for some other reason, what really dies is only the body, which is only a sort of "means of transportation" for the soul ..
I've always heard that the body dies and the soul moves on.  The body is just a vehicle for the soul. Where did you find the information about about soul not entering the body until it's 3 months old?
Never heard that before.

Edited by mfrmboy, 18 October 2012 - 05:35 PM.

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#44    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 18 October 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

I do hope to have another one day in another one day, in hopeful ly will be a far more successful relationship. & I hope it's another little girl. That's right UM. I'm a man that wants nothing but daughters. I just like the idea of Daddy & his girls..

My dad said he only wanted girls too..   I have met so many men that love having girls..  Little girls usually tend to be real daddys girls..I know this because that is exactly what Becky is...and still is..!!

Gary didn't know what to do when we found we were having a boy... He was unsure, happy that it was healthy during my pregnancy, but a bit nervous at the idea of raising a boy...   Aaron is now over 5 months old..loves his dad.. He will reach out more for his dad, and today his first words were - DA DA..DA DA. DA DDD DA DADADA   and he is cutting his first two teeth...  He is stronger and more hyper than Becky ever was,..but he never stops smiling..little guy could smile for Ireland.....  He is a bit of a tub...I call him - My little plump of joy ....Gary loves the idea more so now that Aaron is here.. he loves him to bits...In fact he brags that Aaron prefers him more  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 October 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#45    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 October 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

My dad said he only wanted girls too..   I have met so many men that love having girls..  Little girls usually tend to be real daddys girls..I know this because that is exactly what Becky is...and still is..!!

Gary didn't know what to do when we found we were having a boy... He was unsure, happy that it was healthy during my pregnancy, but a bit nervous at the idea of raising a boy...   Aaron is now over 5 months old..loves his dad.. He will reach out more for his dad, and today his first words were - DA DA..DA DA. DA DDD DA DADADA   and he is cutting his first two teeth...  He is stronger and more hyper than Becky ever was,..but he never stops smiling..little guy could smile for Ireland.....  He is a bit of a tub...I call him - My little plump of joy ....Gary loves the idea more so now that Aaron is here.. he loves him to bits...In fact he brags that Aaron prefers him more  lol

That's so awesome. My daughter is a total Daddy's girl. She even has a Daddy song that she loves to sing & Daddy was her first word. I keep telling her, that if she doesn't sing a mommy song, that she's going to hurt her mothers feelings. She gives me credit for everything too. It doesn't matter who is actually responsible for it, she thinks it was all Daddys doing lol unless she's upset. Then the credit it's given where it's due & she leads me to it so that I can take of it for upsetting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users