Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

has anyone been to the queen mary?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

I lived in long beach where the ship is for a few years and went there pretty often but not nearly as much as i'd have liked to. i had a few experiences that i couldn't really explain there, but i've never actually seen anything.

i'm just wondering if anyone has ever been there and had any experiences worth sharing. i'm going there to visit at the end of the month and i'd love to find out about places on the ship, certain rooms or places that might be worth going to.

i'm so excited about going either way, i've just heard such fascinating stories about the ship and i can only hope that eventually i'll have one of those mind-blowing experiences with 'the other side'.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

What did you experience?

I saw a ghost once, nothing exciting or scary it was my cat right after she died.  She came into the living room through the window, jumped on the couch then to the floor, stopped to sniff tools in the floor then down the hall she went and I never saw her again.

Edited by Hilander, 16 October 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#3    Aim4TheHead

Aim4TheHead

Government Agent

• 3,979 posts

• This tragedy is all my fault.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

I spent the night when I was younger but don't remember much.

But I went there for my dads christmas work party and one of his friends took a pic and you can see what looks like a kid standing behind a guy in a sailor looking outfit. Its creepy.

#4    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,823 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

View Postskydivingstars, on 15 October 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

I lived in long beach where the ship is for a few years and went there pretty often but not nearly as much as i'd have liked to. i had a few experiences that i couldn't really explain there, but i've never actually seen anything.

i'm just wondering if anyone has ever been there and had any experiences worth sharing. i'm going there to visit at the end of the month and i'd love to find out about places on the ship, certain rooms or places that might be worth going to.

i'm so excited about going either way, i've just heard such fascinating stories about the ship and i can only hope that eventually i'll have one of those mind-blowing experiences with 'the other side'.

Seen it a couple of times when I was a kid, wasn't too exciting.  But I was a kid at the time.

http://skyscraperpag...buildingID=6079

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” - Blaise Pascal

#5    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

There's a 2005 episode of Most Haunted where they visited the Queen Mary, a former British ocean liner and WWII veteran (she was used as a troopship) who is now spending her days in retirement in California.

At one stage they investigated the swimming pool area.  Today the pool is empty but there is a ghostly little girl which has been seen and heard at all times of the night near and around the pool where she died many years ago.  To this day the sound of her splashing around in the pool is heard and even mysterious wet footprints have been seen leading away from the pool area even though there is no water in the pool.

When the Most Haunted team visited the pool area the medium, Derek Acorah, picked up on the little girl and they even saw, and filmed, the mysterious wet footprints.  You can see the footage below.

The Queen Mary is considered by paranormal enthusiasts to be one of the top six haunted places in the world and is said to have over 600 spirits.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 25 October 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#6    WGH

WGH

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• Today is tomorrows yesterday, and yesterdays tomorrow.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Awh, I want to see the queen mary! Wouldnt mind going to New York on the QM2 but thats another story.

#7    ghost-mark

ghost-mark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

I haven't been there but I would love to. For those who don't know too much about her:

#8    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

I wish Derek Acorah was a ghost.

#9    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,396 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

I was there when i was a kid the tour guide did say there might be ghosts..but the place did have a creepy feel  where the soliders stayed..

#10    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,678 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

My dad has been a couple of times but reports no spooky experiences, I'm afraid!

#11    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 25 October 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

I wish Derek Acorah was a ghost.

Ethyl loves Derek!

Ethyl loves Derek!

Ethyl loves Derek!

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#12    Contract Killer Romeo

Contract Killer Romeo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

• "I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings."

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

been there, cool to walk around in...save your money and do not go on the ghost tour. I usually go on the tours to learn history and stuff like that...well this being so close to hollywood it was no surprise that the entire thing is filled with special effects at the pool, boiler room..etc.

#13    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Post_Only, on 26 October 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Ethyl loves Derek!

Ethyl loves Derek!

Ethyl loves Derek!

Doo doo head!

#14    LadyB

LadyB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

I stayed there once for a friends wedding...nothing strange to report. Good brunch the next morning though. ;)

#15    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

well, i went there on saturday and left on tuesday.... the ship itself had the same eerie feeling, gave me weird vibes again the second i stepped onto it. unfortunately my godfather and i did pay to go on the 'ghosts and legends' tour, which was an effing joke. they completely redid it so that it's the cheesiest, most ridiculous effects and it only lasts about ten minutes. they changed the tour so that the most haunted places on the ship are no longer included, they say for 'safety reasons'. i asked a few people who worked on the tours about why they changed it so much and apparently the ship is under new management and the new owners are supposedly all about the profit. if there really are spirits on that ship, i bet they're pretty pissed off. they pretty much just turned it all into an amusement park and are trying to make as much money as possible by creating stories simply for profit.

so frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users