Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

DHS orders 160 billion rounds of ammo

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

View Postand then, on 29 March 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

I recently heard someone remark that the excess purchases could be a below the radar method of helping to control guns by increasing the cost of ammo.  No idea if it's true but I wouldn't put it past this president.  Between these purchases and what is being generated for the war the production capacities must be strained some.
It's a terrible idea then and it'll never work.  It'll encourage people to start their own ammunition businesses and I wouldn't bet for a moment they're not already on the way.  Unless Obama is also going to control the market once again and try to prevent these businesses from starting up.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#47    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,320 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 March 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

http://www.infowars....on-bullet-buys/

It would appear that no one in the Obama admin is willing to discuss why the DHS is buying so much ammo ,and yes,they purchased even  more in the last month .
People within the govt are starting to get concerned ,as it is NOT normal,nor is buying hollow points .

Years ago, there was an idea floated regarding the drug war, that the government buy up all the poppy, or coca, or whatever, thereby denying to users the drugs.  Stoopid idea IMO, but somebody really did propose it.

So, it's possible some brilliant government bureaucrat came up with a similar theory about ammo.  Wouldn't surpise me.

I don't keep up with it much anymore, but many years ago a fair number of people reloaded their ammo, or paid a friend who did it.

#48    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 30 March 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

So show us where they have ,and so its a conspiracy site . Is this not the truth . A congressman asked his sister to explain bullet purchases,but they haven't .

The Department of Homeland Security responded Friday to questions from Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan., about why the agency was allegedly planning to buy some 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the next five years.
DHS told Whispers it regularly fills all of its goods and services requirements at one time because it's cheaper for the agency, and that the 1.6 billion number was misleading because the language of DHS's purchase said it would need "up to" a certain amount.
One solicitation by the agency—for training centers and law enforcement personnel—was for "up to" 750 million rounds of training ammunition over the next five years, DHS spokesman Peter Boogaard told Whispers.
Another five-year contract allows for the purchase of "up to" 450 million rounds of ammunition, he said, and was also for law enforcement. Boogaard noted that the contract would be used by all DHS agencies except the Coast Guard.
"With more than 100,000 armed law enforcement personnel in DHS, significant quantities of ammunition are used to support law enforcement operations, quarterly qualifications, and training, to include advanced firearms training exercises," Boogaard told Whispers.
DHS routinely establishes strategic sourcing contracts that combine the requirements of all its components for commonly purchased goods and services such as ammunition," a DHS legislative affairs person wrote to Coburn. "These strategic sourcing contracts help leverage the purchasing power of DHS to efficiently procure equipment and supplies at significantly lower costs," the department told Coburn.
http://www.usnews.co...nition-purchase

Edited by ninjadude, 31 March 2013 - 01:56 AM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#49    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,704 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Why do we need  " more than 100,000 armed law enforcement personnel in DHS " ?

.. we already had police to protect us from ourselves.. and the most powerful
military in the world , to protect us from others.  
Are "they" expecting an invasion of  THE  terrists ?      ... Insanity.

Edited by lightly, 31 March 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#50    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

View Postninjadude, on 31 March 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

The Department of Homeland Security responded Friday to questions from Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan., about why the agency was allegedly planning to buy some 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the next five years.
DHS told Whispers it regularly fills all of its goods and services requirements at one time because it's cheaper for the agency, and that the 1.6 billion number was misleading because the language of DHS's purchase said it would need "up to" a certain amount.
One solicitation by the agency—for training centers and law enforcement personnel—was for "up to" 750 million rounds of training ammunition over the next five years, DHS spokesman Peter Boogaard told Whispers.
Another five-year contract allows for the purchase of "up to" 450 million rounds of ammunition, he said, and was also for law enforcement. Boogaard noted that the contract would be used by all DHS agencies except the Coast Guard.
"With more than 100,000 armed law enforcement personnel in DHS, significant quantities of ammunition are used to support law enforcement operations, quarterly qualifications, and training, to include advanced firearms training exercises," Boogaard told Whispers.
DHS routinely establishes strategic sourcing contracts that combine the requirements of all its components for commonly purchased goods and services such as ammunition," a DHS legislative affairs person wrote to Coburn. "These strategic sourcing contracts help leverage the purchasing power of DHS to efficiently procure equipment and supplies at significantly lower costs," the department told Coburn.
http://www.usnews.co...nition-purchase

While I can understand them buying ammunition, why are they buying hollow point?

#51    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,115 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

The US sometimes sounds like its a country under seige.

#52    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,320 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

It's not really under seige Frank, the enemy is very much 'inside the gates'.  The government was hijacked many years ago, slowly but surely, and with complete stealth.  Ike even talked about it on the way out of office, way back in 1961.

#53    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,115 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Now you say "hijack" to me and it doesn't sound like something done slowly.  One "hijacks" a truck to steal what its carrying, and its all done in minutes.  In other words what you say sounds a contradiction in terms.  Maybe you mean "stolen," but then one asks by whom and for what purpose?  

In 1961 I was in the US in college, and Kennedy was President (I think -- I should look it up) and the government seemed much the same as it seems now, except gays were invisible and blacks were suppressed and women didn't play much of a role.  What has changed?

#54    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postlightly, on 31 March 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Are "they" expecting an invasion of  THE  terrists ?   ... Insanity.

Arent Americans always talking about how the police isn't close enough?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#55    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostKowalski, on 31 March 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

While I can understand them buying ammunition, why are they buying hollow point?

Isnt it common for LEO to carry hollowpoint? The idea is that it reduces collateral damage since it removes the chances of overpenetration.

----Seraphina

#56    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,704 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Posted Imagelightly, on 31 March 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Are "they" expecting an invasion of  THE  terrists ?   ... Insanity.

View PostStellar, on 31 March 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Arent Americans always talking about how the police isn't close enough?

So we're supposed to call Homeland Security now if we hear a burglar? .. or want to report a crime in progress?   What purpose are 100,000 armed homeland security agents serving this afternoon?    Is there some invasion i'm unaware of?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#57    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,320 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Frank

Many things are different, but that's not the point so much.

Either 'stolen' or 'hijacked' will work for me.  Your choice.

The point is that the government IS NOT controlled by the people through the electoral process.  It is not controlled by the people hardly at all, pardon the double negative.  Alot of common folks are employed by the prison systems, but that's just a job.

The government is controlled by special interests, pure and simple.  Whether they own the government or merely control it, is hard to tell.  The barbarians are indeed inside the gate, and so many of them wear business suits.

#58    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

-Patton

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

So we're supposed to call Homeland Security now if we hear a burglar? .. or want to report a crime in progress?   What purpose are 100,000 armed homeland security agents serving this afternoon? Is there some invasion i'm unaware of?
Law enforcement agencies fall under the deparment of homeland security, do they not?

----Seraphina

#59    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,704 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostStellar, on 31 March 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Law enforcement agencies fall under the deparment of homeland security, do they not?

..I'm not sure.  I know they can be put under homeland security authority now.     But , there are around 800,000 police officers in the U.S. ...
so that must not be the  "100,000 armed homeland security agents"   we are talking about?  
(i'm not sure what that number includes,  It can't include cops, and it certainly can't include the coast guard  (which is under the DOD .. Except in "an emergency"  in which case it comes under DHS control.)
   I know that the DHS   and the DOD  are giving a lot of grants and military equipment to state and local police forces .   What we are seeing is  ... the formation of a Federal Police force!
  We had the FBI...  but total control of local police by the DHS would be  a FEDERAL POLICE FORCE .        Sound like a good idea?

#60    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

View Postlightly, on 01 April 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

.  "100,000 armed homeland security agents"  

go back and read post 32 in this topic

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users