Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Mysterious Sonic Boom!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hi, I live in a quiet little town in Devon, England. Yesterday at 4:15 pm a boom rattled my windows and shook the books on my bookshelf, and made the tea I was drinking vibrate in the cup. It felt like an impact of some kind, because you could feel it through the body, and physically see objects effected by it. The instant it happened I was on my computer, as I looked up I could see the window vibrating from the shock-wave. It's quite the talk of the area, and apparently could be felt over a hundred square miles.

Here's the report from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-20000877

They are saying it was a meteor entry. But wouldn't something that big have to hit the earth somewhere, or would the sonic impact completely destroy it on entry? No one has claimed to have found anything.

Also strange, last night there was reports, and video footage of UFO's over Scotland for 5 hours! Related?

#2    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Are they fracking in England?

#3    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 19 October 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Not that I'm aware. I would of thought that if they were it would have been mentioned? Or happen on a more regular basis.

#4    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,066 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Thanks Kryso for the link, will add it to my list.  The booms and hum sounds heard all over the world are strange indeed.

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

The Americans have been fracking for quite a few years, but it took quite a few years for some geologists to discover a link between that and certain earthquakes.

#6    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 19 October 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

The Americans have been fracking for quite a few years, but it took quite a few years for some geologists to discover a link between that and certain earthquakes.

View PostBabe Ruth, on 19 October 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Being a fan of BSG (the re-imagined version) has made these posts oh-so-very-great!

I'm a mid-east guy and didn't hear the boom, and didn't know anything of it until today! I wonder if they'll update the news on this when they find out what caused the 'boom'.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#7    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Who knows what hidden underground .. Maybe there are huge facilites down there no one knows about and they were carrying out some top secret experiments ;)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#8    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,066 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Heys guys if your really interested I have thread at historian of all the booms and hums people are hearing all over the world,  to long to list them  all here to read, but here are most of them. Tired to keep a list of all the reports of the last few decades

http://www.historum....entists-13.html

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,572 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

If you read the report which noone is there was no tremors

#10    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,036 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Ive had this happen to me, in my case it turned out to be two RAF Typhoons. which scrambled from their base to intercept a Russian bomber, when they are scrambled in an emergency they are given permission to go supersonic over land in order to gain height and reach the target. the sound wave is tremendous. my guess - this is what as happened. or like the experts say a meteor.

Edited by stevewinn, 21 October 2012 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#11    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Just came across your post Kryso,

In the early hours of this morning 1:30 am (ish) I heard 3 very loud booms,  in the distance and about 1 minute apart. I asked my family this morning when we got up did anyone else hear them? I even looked on the local news today to see if there was a report about it!

Edited by Star of the Sea, 21 October 2012 - 07:34 PM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#12    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I like the supersonic jets answer but it could of just been my partner on the loo. :yes:

#13    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

It didn't sound like a sonic boom from a plane. Years ago in England, when the concord was about, one left an airport nearby and just as it sped up, at roughly 9 pm every night, it would created a sonic boom as it broke the sound barrier. This sound was move like the vibration of something hitting something solid.

#14    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,886 posts

• A belief should be freely chosen or not chosen, not demanded or ordered nor come should it come at the end of a fist or rifle.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Well..is it possible that if it was a meteor that it exploded upon entry to the atmosphere?

Sounds rather...disconcerting though at any rate.

#15    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Most Meteors explode before hitting the ground and they can be quite powerful, like a small nuke even.

Most likely it was fighter jets.  From what I hear they are constantly having to chase off Russian bombers who keep flying on the edge of our airspace, especially in the north.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users