Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Epidemic Of USA Military Suicide

us military suicide remedies

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,801 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 24 October 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

I wonder if they took into account the type of units the suicides were happening in, if they were line units or REMF's. I have more experience with line unit's and most of them have their crap together. but it seemed to me a higher percentage of the rear echelon soldiers i delt with were off balance.

How would one find those questions out? Have any ideas?

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#17    Andami

Andami

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

"On average 1 active duty soldier is killing himself each day--twice the number of combat deaths and twice the civilian rate."

Twice the civilian rate for the age group or civilian rate overall? That makes a huge difference as the group most prone to suicide is males age 17-24.

#18    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,150 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

View PostAndami, on 27 October 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

"On average 1 active duty soldier is killing himself each day--twice the number of combat deaths and twice the civilian rate."

Twice the civilian rate for the age group or civilian rate overall? That makes a huge difference as the group most prone to suicide is males age 17-24.

View Postregeneratia, on 20 October 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Going back to the OP link, it appears to be basically a pacifist opinion piece. The related article requires Registration, so I've not read that yet. But clearly this is a spin job on the numbers. It could easily be that this is not military related, but age, sex and education related. After all something like 80% of active duty soldiers are still within the USA, and subject to all the regular activities other young adults have to deal with.

I'm sure that the stress of combat, and the stress of long deployments comes into it, but I haven't seen the data to support that yet.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#19    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,292 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I'll be glad when we get out of Afghanistan.  We have been over there too long and I hope another war isn't started.  I don't think it is so now but there for years the same people were doing tour after tour and with things that go on in a war its no wonder some commit suicide.

#20    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 24 October 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

I wonder if they took into account the type of units the suicides were happening in, if they were line units or REMF's. I have more experience with line unit's and most of them have their crap together. but it seemed to me a higher percentage of the rear echelon soldiers i delt with were off balance.

I cannot say for sure but speaking from my own personal experience, the type of unit does not matter. I am in services. We do Food, Fitness, Lodging, Rec, and Morturary. We had 2 suicides in 13 months...both worked in the dinning facility...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#21    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,801 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Meanwhile, you think the Anthrax vaccine that the military used the totally failed to pass thru the FDA wouldn't have something to do with the suicide rate?
You never question the toxins the military put into your body and the experiements they may have done to you while serving for your country?

Man o man, my son is highly endoctrinated against serving. He knows about all the yucky, maleficent, health-challenging things the military does to our loved ones, including exposing them to depleted uranium (the health-challenging results for which the military refuses to take responsiblity. He KNOWS!! And so do his friends. If they are going to come to my house to play the machines we buy for our son, they have to listen to my rants.

View PostDieChecker, on 23 October 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I saw much the same when I was in the Army almost 20 years ago. There are lots of petty sergeants who made Staff Sergeant (E6) in like 5 or 6 years and then stayed there 10 to 15 more, and are so very bitter and angry at anything and anyone, but they will not quit because they want that 20 year retirement, so they make everyone else miserable and stomp on anything that is not their own idea.

I also agree that most suicides are probably family related, due to something at home happening and the soldier being able to do Nothing about it. In a time of smartphones and facebook, news travels really, really fast. It used to be if you were deployed you had to wait till you got home before you found out your wife had left, or that your grandma died, now you know within minutes of anything that happens.

I blame the smartphones, as well as the long deployments.

As to consciption, that is very naive, IMHO, throwing under trained conscripts into foreign wars is a good way to get the suicide rate down only in comparison to the five to ten times more wounded and dead that will be created. Units go back over and over because they are experienced and THAT is what keeps their soldiers alive.

Edited by regeneratia, 12 November 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,150 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 12 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Meanwhile, you think the Anthrax vaccine that the military used the totally failed to pass thru the FDA wouldn't have something to do with the suicide rate?
You never question the toxins the military put into your body and the experiements they may have done to you while serving for your country?

Man o man, my son is highly endoctrinated against serving. He knows about all the yucky, maleficent, health-challenging things the military does to our loved ones, including exposing them to depleted uranium (the health-challenging results for which the military refuses to take responsiblity. He KNOWS!! And so do his friends. If they are going to come to my house to play the machines we buy for our son, they have to listen to my rants.
It certainly could be a factor with the multiple shots/vaccines everyone gets. But, I've never heard of uranium causing depression. As I posted earlier, I don't think the rate is so much different then what young men would have anyway. Especially with the stress of combat.

If you don't want your son to enter the military that is certainly within your rights to try to convince him of that the military is not for him. But, many (maybe Most) never see combat, and never come within miles of any uranium, prosper greatly by VA college money, VA home loans, technical training and by gaining a sense of duty, loyalty, hard work, respect, and confidence. I'd guess that 75% of people employed by the military never see combat, and 99% never see a uranium round.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 28 October 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

I cannot say for sure but speaking from my own personal experience, the type of unit does not matter. I am in services. We do Food, Fitness, Lodging, Rec, and Morturary. We had 2 suicides in 13 months...both worked in the dinning facility...

Hey just saw you replied to my post! but you kind of missed my point the unit you say you belong to is what we described as a rear echelon and in my experience the more off balance soldiers. so you really prove my point. did they ever figure out the reason behind the suicides job stress, personal problems?

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#24    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,150 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

If I remember right the only soldiers (Army) that needed No Background check.... Security Clearance... was the cooking staff. It can be deduced that the military cook units are not the most educated, or socially responsible people in the military. Quite possibly many are there because they could not pass the Background Checks to get into the Infantry, or other Combat Arms units.

#25    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,245 posts

• ראה

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

I wonder if there was more cheating in the lower ranks, there would be less suicides.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#26    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,311 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 12 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Good thread here!

You might have your drugs confused regarding the suicide rate.  Not the anthrax vaccine, but the malaria medication the troops are forced to take causes a boatload of behavioral problems including suicide.  60 Minutes even covered it some years back.

As for the thread topic, it's tough being an army of occupation in a hostile country.  We supposedly learned that in Vietnam, but here we are again in several more undeclared and illegitimate wars with a very questionable mission.

And the troops know that, although I'm sure there are a few utterly deluded troops just like there were in Vietnam.  Gung ho idiots who convince themselves that shooting women and children is somehow defending America.

Until the political atmosphere changes, the suicide rate will only get worse. :td:

#27    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,801 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 14 November 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Good thread here!

You might have your drugs confused regarding the suicide rate.  Not the anthrax vaccine, but the malaria medication the troops are forced to take causes a boatload of behavioral problems including suicide.  60 Minutes even covered it some years back.

As for the thread topic, it's tough being an army of occupation in a hostile country.  We supposedly learned that in Vietnam, but here we are again in several more undeclared and illegitimate wars with a very questionable mission.

And the troops know that, although I'm sure there are a few utterly deluded troops just like there were in Vietnam.  Gung ho idiots who convince themselves that shooting women and children is somehow defending America.

Until the political atmosphere changes, the suicide rate will only get worse. :td:

Ah yes, I stand corrected.
My support goes to the soldier, but not to the DOD and generals who make silly decisions.

Professor Hilton Hotema

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users