Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Viking Outpost Found in Canada

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

How fascinating were those Vikings .. They were much much more than mere barbarians .

I know! they were skilled seafarers, traders, farmers, merchants, mercenaries, explorers - explorers that in all likelihood explored the vast majority of the eastern US/Canada/Canadian arctic, travelled from the norse lands far into central asia, north africa, and all throughout europe.

I found this article today.
Further investigation to be done.  It could predate Viking visits to Canada by a long time!

http://www.ottawasun...arly-as-2000-bc

i've always been of the mind that early people travelled far more then we give them credit for. there have always been young men(and women too) who want to know what's over the horizon :D

#17    Jello

Jello

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

This just probes that Columbus was simply a tourist

#18    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,885 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

This just probes that Columbus was simply a tourist

A tourist who (recently appears to have) had spent time in Iceland - literally only a decade or two after greenland settlement vanished. An iceland who would have still had survivors who had journeyed from Greenland to North America. Minor details though :whistle:

#19    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,536 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

I would love to see a game based off Viking and Norse Mythology. It could be like the Oblivion and Skyrim style game play, but with the shape of the world back when Vikings and Norse people roamed the world. Settlements and petty wars could definitely make the game extremely fun!

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#20    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Ninhursag, 22 October 2012 - 09:01 AM.

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,162 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 21 October 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

I found this article today.
Further investigation to be done.  It could predate Viking visits to Canada by a long time!

http://www.ottawasun...arly-as-2000-bc

Didn't Barry Fell already suggest this? And most if not all of what Fell claimed to be ancient European and Mediterranean script (Celtic, Celt-Iberian, Libyan, Phoenician), has been disproved by science, as far as I know.

#22    highdesert50

highdesert50

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

It would be interesting to see how these visits correlated with extreme climate change. Were these explorers hugging the coastlines of polar ice floe in colder years allowing them to travel further eastward. If so, it really seems possible they could have traveled much further south along the Atlantic coast and established settlements to weather the winters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users