Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Unknown “creature” captured on trail camera

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,346 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

An international team has returned from investigating the creature known as Sasquatch with a clear image that two world experts have been unable to identify.

The team spent two weeks in the area and although they experienced a plethora of “associated” Sasquatch activity, rock-throwing, screams, unexplained noises, they objectively could not say what these incidents were caused by. The image, however, shows an unidentifiable object situated between an extinguished campfire and two team members who were sleeping outside unaware.

http://www.extreme-e...on-trail-camera

http://www.extreme-e...ashington-state

Posted Image

#2    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Tens of thousands of trail cameras out there and one of them finally caught something that might be Squatch.   Who'd a thunk?  Its hardly conclusive, but is interesting.   Although I'll offer myself up as the skeptical sacrificial goat and say that it could easily be a person in a suit.  I'm interested to see the opinions of the other posters 'round here.

#3    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Whatever it is, it is interesting. *sit backs and waits for the skeptics to automatically discount it (whether it's real or not I don't know), then complain that there are never trail cam pics* :w00t:  *needs popcorn* :tu:

#4    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,679 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Kind of looks like a bear, maybe a cub?

#5    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I really think thats a bear.  You can see it's "snout" in the video loop.
Probably a common black bear.  Although it appears white or grey, it may be due to the lighting or camera, or perhaps it's an albino.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#6    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,477 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'd love to be a member of one of these ace international sasquatch teams.  Two weeks in the woods with my buddies sounds like a nice wee vacation.  Specially if the drink is flowing.  The pics would be more interesting than this latest duffer, I can assure you of that. :)

#7    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 21 October 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

I really think thats a bear.  You can see it's "snout" in the video loop.
Probably a common black bear.  Although it appears white or grey, it may be due to the lighting or camera, or perhaps it's an albino.

B-b-b-b-but....it says "two world experts" haven't been able to identity it.  Experts.  In identifying stuff.  So there is just NO way it could be a bear.  When you go to school to be a world expert in identifying stuff, bears are in the 101 level class.  So its got to be a Bigfoot.

Experts. Two of them.

Bigfoot.

For sure.

#8    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,003 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

looks like a person squatting there. i don't see any reason to think it's a sasquatch or any other mysterious creature.

#9    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostEldorado, on 21 October 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

I'd love to be a member of one of these ace international sasquatch teams.  Two weeks in the woods with my buddies sounds like a nice wee vacation.  Specially if the drink is flowing.  The pics would be more interesting than this latest duffer, I can assure you of that. :)

Aww come on. its not all playtime.  You gotta set up cameras and whack trees with sticks.  This ain't no wilderness keg party, y'all.  This is serious bid'ness.

#10    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 21 October 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

B-b-b-b-but....it says "two world experts" haven't been able to identity it.  Experts.  In identifying stuff.  So there is just NO way it could be a bear.  When you go to school to be a world expert in identifying stuff, bears are in the 101 level class.  So its got to be a Bigfoot.

Experts. Two of them.

Bigfoot.

For sure.
If you read their bio's under "The Team" on their website they sound more like a couple of guys doing this part time as a passionate hobby.
I still think it's a bear.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

It took me several minutes to even figure out what I was supposed to be seeing as I like to analyze the photos myself before I read the article and I'm TOLD what I'm supposed to see - frankly, I'm looking at the pic and wondering "who left their bath towel by the fire".  Crystal clear unknown creature, hardly.

Bottom line, who knows what it is.  But I have to wonder, whatever happened to Bigfoot being a 12-14 foot lumbering manbeast weighing hundreds of pounds?  Funny how most everything seems to be human or bear sized these days.  More "juvenile bigfoots" eh Mr. Moneymaker?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

That clip is too dark and way too short for me... :(  all I see is a flash of grey.

Nothing in the article says it's thought to be a "big foot" juvenile or otherwise.  All I see is "unidentified animal" and it's understandably so.

I can't wait to hear more on the topic.  :)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#13    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 21 October 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

If you read their bio's under "The Team" on their website they sound more like a couple of guys doing this part time as a passionate hobby.
I still think it's a bear.

No problem with that.  If I lived in a part of the country where bigfoot sightings were plentiful I'd probably go out looking too.  I love to camp and seriously who wouldn't like to stumble across proof ol squatch exists?  I'd probably look for dead ones though.  there are bound to be more dead ones out there than live ones and I'd think the dead ones would be statistically less likely to be "elusive" -as the critters are claimed to be.

#14    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

The person wrapped in the white sheet?
I did notice the almost empty JD bottle.

#15    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 21 October 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

That clip is too dark and way too short for me... :(  all I see is a flash of grey.

Nothing in the article says it's thought to be a "big foot" juvenile or otherwise.  All I see is "unidentified animal" and it's understandably so.

I can't wait to hear more on the topic.  :)

But that is certainly the implication when a sasquatch hunting expedition returns with "photographic evidence of an unknown creature" isn't it?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users