Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Smoker or Non-Smoker?

smoke cigarettes smoking

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 21 October 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

My house is smoke free as two family members have asthma.

My house is smoke free too.. and I am a smoker.. I hate smoke in my home and in my car..  I have two kids.. I will not expose them to my smoke...

Growing up as a kid, my dad was the smoker and he never smoked in our home... I think it is only right never to have smoke around any child or non smoker ...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#32    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 21 October 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

I smoke. Constantly. I'm smoking right now.
Nothing better than smoking while you drink.

First of all..Camel cigs make me puke..I feel they are they are too strong...I can't bare to look at the picture..I just get reminded of that horrible time puking over just one !!

When they banned smoking  in pubs and night clubs over here.. I thought that it was going to be most awkward  having a drink and not being able to smoke... I went clubbing and found myself drinking all night and I forgot to go outside to smoke  lol ..I didn't miss them..I still got drunk though

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 October 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#33    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,862 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 October 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

First of all..Camel cigs make me puke..I feel they are they are too strong

When they banned smoking  in pubs and night clubs over here.. I thought that it was going to be most awkward  having a drink and not being able to smoke... I went clubbing and found myself drinking all night and I forgot to go outside to smoke  lol ..I didn't miss them..I still got drunk though

I hated when it was banned in bars here, but now I'm all for it. I'm happy to go outside to smoke, most places have patios now anyway, and when I get home all my clothes don't reek of smoke. I also smoke a hell of a lot less when I'm out.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 21 October 2012 - 10:36 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#34    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

smoker.. of.. 22 years.. I'll quit one day.. when I stop enjoying smoking :)

choice gold for me is my brand.. though I dont mind the odd B&H..

Used to smoke cigars but they became a bit pricey..

hmmm actually thinking about that, I am back in the mines and the coin is good sooo.. I think I might go visit the tabacconist today and get some before i fly back to work :)

oh yeah like bec's mom I dont smoke inside etc..

and if I am at a friends house that smokes and smokes inside I still go outside to smoke..

#35    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 21 October 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

I hated when they band it in bars here, but now I'm all for it. I'm happy to go outside to smoke, most places have patios now anyway, and when I get home all my clothes don't reek of smoke. I also smoke a hell of a lot less when I'm out.

I always smoke outside, hidden away from everyone..  It is like my own private spot...I enjoy it for a few mins then I am right back inside...wash up and ready for whatever else needs doing

I remember long because they banned it ..I used to crave more  sitting at a computer... When we had to go outside.. my craving went down a notch !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 October 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#36    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image
Smoker, over 12 years. Outdoor only. I like my smokes like I like my women, short and wide (Camel Wides).

Edited by RedSquirrel, 21 October 2012 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#37    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 October 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

My house is smoke free too.. and I am a smoker.. I hate smoke in my home and in my car..  I have two kids.. I will not expose them to my smoke...

Growing up as a kid, my dad was the smoker and he never smoked in our home... I think it is only right never to have smoke around any child or non smoker ...

Same here - my kids don't even know i smoke.  I don't in my car or in my house.  I'd probably get the same lecture from them that some posters are giving the smokers in this thread.

View PostRedSquirrel, on 21 October 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Smoker, over 12 years. Outdoor only. I like my smokes like I like my women, short and wide (Camel Wides).

Woot for the W   I    D    E    S.

#38    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 21 October 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Same here - my kids don't even know i smoke.  I don't in my car or in my house.

I love  ( and prefer ) the nice smell of lavender the moment you walk into my house.. I wash my floors with the stuff..  I also light a few scented candles..   I could not allow smoke in my home around my kid and my good furniture.. *shudders*

I'd probably get the same lecture from them that some posters are giving the smokers in this thread.

I love it though.. The irony sticks out like a sore thumb...  They love to lecture and judge you for smoking.. but hate it if you dare to judge them

South Park took the piss out of this guy  ( can't recall his name ).. He was fat and unhealthy.. he never stooped eating junk food..  He couldn't walk the length of himself, and when he tried to talk, he had to stop and take a quick breath..  YET he was b**ching non stop about dangers of smoking... while stuffing his chops with fried chicken   lol ... It was a fun episode ..It was showing you how so many will ruin their own health  but willing to preach at others for the same thing. IRONY you just love it !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 October 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#39    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

I smoke in my garden shed. :whistle:

#40    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Well I use to be a smoker for nearly 22 years. Quit a little over a year ago around August of 2011. So I'll call myself a ex-smoker.

Anyway, I use to smoke little cigars. Main brand was Captian Black, sometimes Swisher Sweets as a alternative if I couldn't find my favorite; always liked the sweet cigars over cigerettes.

Funny thing is, I got a large collection of lighters out the ying-yang now and I'm not that big on collecting things. Never figured on that happening.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#41    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

If I knew back then what I know now and the health problem's it causes I would not have started smoking...

Everyone that I know I give them lecture's/tell them not to smoke, even though I smoke myself...

I would give anything to be able to stop smoking...

I have been smoking 21 years so far, started when I was 16

Edited by Jackofalltrades, 21 October 2012 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image

#42    Really Swell

Really Swell

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

• "When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you."

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

I can't remember if I replied to this.

But I quit three or four weeks ago. Hopefully, I stick with it.

#43    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostReally Swell, on 22 October 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

But I quit three or four weeks ago.

I'm surprised that you don't know down to the last second when you last had a smoke ...... I thought that's how it was with new ex-smokers!
Are you doing anything in particular to help stay off them? And are you eating more? That's a problem for some people, isn't it?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#44    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,258 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 30 years. I finally quit in February of 2012 (8 months ago or so). Mostly, it got to the point where I could no longer afford my habit. (camel lights)

I actually substituted my cigarette habit with an e-cig! It's been wildly successful for me! I even have a pack of Camels sitting in the console of my car and never even think of trying one, there simply no desire to do so.

The e-cig uses a battery, a small 1.9ml tank and atomizer. I add some liquid to the tank that's made up of vegetable glycerine, a small amount of propolene glycol (this ingredient is actually in asthma inhalers) and a limited amount of nicotine (about equal to what's in a light cigarette, but it's not absorbed as well as when it is delievered as a water vapor so you don't get a much nicotine).

NIcotine in and of itself isn't really what's harmful in cigarettes... the tar, cyanide, carbon monoxide and nicosamides are what's dangerous in cigs.. e-cigs eliminate all that.

The brand I use is the x2 Volt Smokeles Image ecig and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's saved both my wallet AND possibly my life too. And I LOVE not stinking, and I love being able to "smoke" in my house and nothing catches on fire, leaves a mess or stinks! WooT! And e-cigs taste AWESOME! I'm puffing on a flavor right now that tastes reminiscent of black tea with caramel. Technically it's suppose to be a tobacco blend, but it tastes like tea to me. My boyfriend puffs on one that tastes like coconut mint (he also likes whiskey flavor! LOL)  I urge people to try them if they're available and ask me questions about them if they are curious! I've made myself somewhat of an expert on e-cigs over the last 8 months. LOL

The one I have is pictured on the right--it's significantly larger than a regular cig, but I got over that after about 10 minutes of using it! I also have cig sized ones, but I rarely if ever use them. The batteries don't last long enough.

The device pictured on the left is what's called a Variable Voltage Modification. the battery is HUGE and for most people would last 2 days without charging, even for the heaviest user. It has a switch on the side that allows you to turn the voltage up or down to maximize the flavor in the liquid and control the amount of vapor produced. Maybe one day I'd like to try one, but mostly, the smaller Volt on the right does the trick for me. The flavor and vapor production is excellent.

Posted Image

Edited by MissMelsWell, 25 October 2012 - 02:51 AM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#45    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

I used to smoke 2 packs a day. Marlboro. In addition to smoking...other stuff. I quit once for 3 years...started back up when I met 2nd wife. Quit again but I cant remember if it was 07 or 08? I forget. Vowed not to become one of those militant ex smokers. Im ok with it.

Edited by The Mule, 25 October 2012 - 09:05 AM.

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users