Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Smoker or Non-Smoker?

smoke cigarettes smoking

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

On and off smoker for 11 years, favoured Marlboro Reds once I was old enough to buy my own. Quit just before my 23rd birthday because my bf hates smoking. That was in February, haven't smoked since

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#47    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

I do smoke, when i feel anxious, alone and when i'm drinking coffee!! I am not an inveterate smoker. I tend to control it and not let it control me! :yes:

Edited by CuriousGreek, 16 December 2012 - 01:14 AM.

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#48    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,002 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

I managed to get through the peer group pressuse when I was younger and didnt take up smoking until I was about 24-25ish. All my friends smoked(like about 30 of them). I only started later because my girl friend smoked and to be honest it made the effects of heroin kick in more. I think maybe because it speeds up the blood circulation, I'm not sure. Anyway so I smoked and used everyday for about a year and a half. When I realised I was going to be a father though I quit both before he was born and I havent done either since. Thats coming on ruffly 12 years ago now.

Not trying to annoy any parents out there(honestly this is just a question)but dont you want to live longer for your children? If you thought you might get cancer when you child is only a few years old, wouldnt that be the saddest thing for them? To lose their mother or father. I dont understand how anyone would wish to keep smoking if it could shorten your life with your kids.

Oh and to the smokers who do go outside to smoke, can you do us non smokers a favour. Dont stand near the bloody doors when we're trying to go into shopping centers. I really would rather not have to push through the smokers who are generally holding their cigarettes at eye level height to my kid. So if you are one of those people please go far far away where my kid isnt going to be forced to see it, breathe it or potentially wear it. And yes this does happen. I had a girl walk into me once and she put her cigarette out just above my voice box, so I would hate to see what damage that would do to an eye.

#49    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

• Hi! :-)

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

Wow they didnt let me talk about what I smoked I quit menthol...... I was hooked for years

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#50    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 4,002 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Oh I forget about that part. When I did, I smoked winnie blues.  (Winfield Blue)

#51    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

I've been smoking solidly for twenty-two years and not once have I regretted the decision.
I'm well aware of all the dangers including the tar clotted insides and lung cancer.
However the good ole cigarettes keep me calm,cool and collected.
And you need to when one crisis pops up after an other.
Btw my general smoking place is in the yard because I don't want the dogs to suffer from passive smoking.
In fact every since the smoking ban was enforced it has to be outside or not at all.
I've not even got the guts to do one in a toilet.
Btw my preferred brand would be Benson and Hedges.
However usually it's the better value Sterlings.
I'm too lazy to roll cigarettes up and I think they are inferior anyway.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#52    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,194 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

20+ per day for 50 years. I was medically forced to give up nearly 4 years ago. I could still garrote my Granny for a ciggy though!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#53    my_psychosis

my_psychosis

Psychic spy

• 2,736 posts

• Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
    "Pigkiller"

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I started smoking when I was 13. I am 42 now. I used to smoke a pack and a 1/2  a day, but 2 years ago I cut it down to 5 smokes a day. I smoke Pall mall light 100's (actually they call them Pall mall blue 100's now)

Onomatopoeia. Well, that doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb word. I mean, you gotta wonder what was going on in the room the day they needed to make up that word.
Bridgette Dubois ( from TV's Medium)

#54    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,403 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

I do not smoke, but I have been trying to for years......

Lies....Smoking for about 5 years now, chewed before that.

Maybe a half a pack a day, if at home, maybe 4 a day....

I do not smoke around people that do not smoke, and we do not smoke in our house.

Brand :

Whatever is on sale......Usually Pall Mall Blues, or Camel Wide.

Edited by Sakari, 16 December 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#55    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,355 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Fooled around with smoking since a teenager.  Smoked only 1 cigarette at a time socially. Never bought cigarettes for myself, got it from friends if they smoked.

I tried that recently and I can't do it anymore.  One full cigarette tastes OK, not a problem smoking it.    But I feel awful for at least a day with headaches, coughing and breathing problems.  I already have allergies and it may be turning into asthma.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#56    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,577 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I smoked Camel lights (and the occasional pack of cloves) for about 15 years. The only thing I got outta University was a cig addiction. lol I quit about 6-7 years ago now. I still like the smell of the smoke though.

Embrace the impossible.

#57    SmilinJack

SmilinJack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Simple

I'm a non-smoker and I prefer to keep it that way.

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst."

#58    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,649 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Non-smoker. Forever. There is absolutely nothing appealing about smoking.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#59    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Why is there a taboo about Camels?
I get funny looks and insults whenever I smoke them or just for holding the packet.
Their something on the lines of me going to a smoking shelter on the far side of the moon.
Tbh I think Marlboro's are more pungent but  all American cigarettes are the same.
Adrenalin is probably an other reason I smoke them.
I've been accused of faking the habit but I assure you it's genuine.

Edited by Medium Brown, 17 December 2012 - 10:24 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#60    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 21 October 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

I love  ( and prefer ) the nice smell of lavender the moment you walk into my house.. I wash my floors with the stuff..  I also light a few scented candles..   I could not allow smoke in my home around my kid and my good furniture.. *shudders*

I love it though.. The irony sticks out like a sore thumb...  They love to lecture and judge you for smoking.. but hate it if you dare to judge them

South Park took the p*** out of this guy  ( can't recall his name ).. He was fat and unhealthy.. he never stooped eating junk food..  He couldn't walk the length of himself, and when he tried to talk, he had to stop and take a quick breath..  YET he was b**ching non stop about dangers of smoking... while stuffing his chops with fried chicken   lol ... It was a fun episode ..It was showing you how so many will ruin their own health  but willing to preach at others for the same thing. IRONY you just love it !!

The character was Rob Reiner. Definitly a fun episode.

I've been smoking for coming up on forty years and I still really enjoy it and have no regrets. I do about a pack a day unless I'm slamming some beers.

I quit Marlboro medium 100s a few years back when I looked  up the list of chemicals in them (hundreds) and changed to a natural native blend that although still bad for me, is the less of two evils and definitly tastes better. I plan to smoke till the day I die

Also tagged with smoke, cigarettes, smoking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users