Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

British Al-Qaeda gang planned 'another 9/11'

jihadist group al-qaeda 9/11

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,087 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

An al-Qaeda inspired gang of British Muslims planned to carry out “another 9/11” in the UK with up to eight suicide bombers, a court heard.

A Jihadist group, from Birmingham, were to target crowded areas to cause “mass death” in a terror plot that was set to be even more devastating than the 7/7 London bombings, Woolwich Crown Court was told.

Two of the alleged ringleaders had received terror training in Pakistan and made martyrdom videos to be released after they had “blown themselves up”.

http://www.telegraph...-911-in-UK.html

Posted Image

#2    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 22 October 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

An al-Qaeda inspired gang of British Muslims planned to carry out “another 9/11” in the UK with up to eight suicide bombers, a court heard.

A Jihadist group, from Birmingham, were to target crowded areas to cause “mass death” in a terror plot that was set to be even more devastating than the 7/7 London bombings, Woolwich Crown Court was told.

Where is the news in that? Jihadis are always planning formore 9/11s, and occasionally they succeed. Sooner or later they will manage to pull off something on the same scale.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#3    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,786 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

So sad that we live in a world of so much potential destruction by radical groups and domestic maniacs.
I'm old enough to not worry about myself too much, but I sure worry about my children and grandchildren.

Edited by pallidin, 22 October 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Numerous attacks were planned for NYC,and squashed ,and not made news,to keep everyone from panicking. I've never heard of a 911 attack planned for the UK. It's always NYC ,so yeah,its news .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users