Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Who won the 3rd Presidential debate

debate third foreign policy obama romney

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Who won the 3rd Presidential debate (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Who won the 3rd Presidential debate

1. President Obama won (15 votes [48.39%])

Percentage of vote: 48.39%

2. Mitt Romney won (9 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

3. Neither candidate won, it was a tie (7 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,247 posts

• ראה

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

I felt that President Obama won, largely because he seemed more prepared, and he kept his voice lower than in the second debate. The undecided monitors I saw on CNN that register sentiment during the debate seemed to favor Obama, especially among women, but with men he was equal or lower than Romney.

I felt that President Obama's strongest remarks were that his openness towards the Islamic world early in his Presidency provided more credibility, and thus, more stability in the region longer term.

I felt that Romney's strongest remarks were virtually nonexistent in terms of foreign policy. I saw no clear distinction from the President with any realistic, better options. Only that he would have moved sooner against Iran.

I felt that President Obama's weak point was when Romney challenged his handling of the Iranian Green Revolution. It may well have been a missed opportunity.

I felt that Romney's weakest point was his lack of distinction on almost every subject, with the President. He basically agreed with most of Obama's foreign policy decisions, and this made him appear weak.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 23 October 2012 - 04:40 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#2    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,408 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

What else did you expect bud?  They're both pitching for the same team......I thought they both won....at fraudung the nation that they are any different on foreign policy.....a complete sham

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#3    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

Missed this debate...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,209 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 23 October 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

Missed this debate...

Didn't miss much. Romney just agreed with everything Obama has done with foreign policy and tried and failed to call him out about not supporting Israel.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 23 October 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Didn't miss much. Romney just agreed with everything Obama has done with foreign policy and tried and failed to call him out about not supporting Israel.

I guess we will call that an Obama win...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#6    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,209 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 23 October 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

I guess we will call that an Obama win...

That's what the major media outlet polls are saying.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#7    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,408 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Only a fool would vote for anyone of these clowns.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,062 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

View Postacidhead, on 23 October 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Only a fool would vote for anyone of these clowns.
Even Canadians?

#9    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

http://www.realclear...were_petty.html

Romney Won Unequivocally; Obama's Responses Were Petty

I think it's unequivocal, Romney won. And he didn't just win tactically, but strategically. Strategically, all he needed to do is basically draw. He needed to continue the momentum he's had since the first debate, and this will continue it. Tactically, he simply had to get up there and show that he's a competent man, somebody who you could trust as commander in chief, a who knows every area of the globe and he gave interesting extra details, like the Haqqani network, which gave the impression he knows what he's talking about. But there is a third level here, and that is what actually happened in the debate.

We can argue about the small points and the debating points. Romney went large, Obama went very, very small, shockingly small.

Romney made a strategic decision not go after the president on Libya, or Syria, or other areas where Obama could accuse him of being a Bush-like war monger.

I think Krauthammer is right, he was critical of Romney's performance in the second debate, but not here, seeing the bigger picture of performance and appearance over continual attacks.

For the life of me I could not understand what Romney was doing in the debate agreeing with Obama so much, not going after him on Libya, it was baffling.

After listening to Krauthammer I now I realize what he did; by not allowing himself to be painted as a war monger, but a strong bringer of peace instead, he targeted and quite possibly just locked up a large chunk of the undecided/independent vote.

Very shrewed, very shrewed indeed!

Edited by Socio, 23 October 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,062 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Noo what Romney wants is to invade everyone

#11    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,232 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Great debate at least it was fair:) it seems there were not much differences on Obama or Rommy views on foreign affairs, except  Rommey says Obama`s to weak and Obama says Rommy `s to forceful:) in any case  Rommy acted more Pesidentual.

Edited by docyabut2, 23 October 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#12    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 23 October 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

Missed this debate...

Lucky you. They both basically said the same things, except how hard the war drums should be beaten.

View Postacidhead, on 23 October 2012 - 04:46 AM, said:

What else did you expect bud?  They're both pitching for the same team......I thought they both won....at fraudung the nation that they are any different on foreign policy.....a complete sham

You are absolutely right. I had to turn it off because of the outright lies spewing out of their mouths. I just kept wishing Ron Paul was on that stage with them. He would've turned both of them inside out on this issue.

Edited by Legaia, 23 October 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#13    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,896 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

I know everyone wants to believe their puppet won the show....sorry folks.  From a neutral third party observation...it was a draw just like I called it a week ago.  Just as the "script" said it would be.

All these things do is drive further division of the sheep herds.  They accomplish nothing...other than give the two extremists sides ammunition to fight each other with...and this is retarded beyond description.  I'll observe the radical exchanges which will assuredly reinforce my position.

Neither of these two are going to embrace peace.  Neither is going to fix the economy.  If you think that either of them is going to somehow improve your personal life, you are smoking something powerful.  It's not going to happen.

It does not matter which of them wins..."We the people"...lose...and that is that.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#14    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Romney says that the US saves countries from dictators and no one is howling for his head? You disappoint me UM.

Anyway I missed the debate and since this was on foreign affairs it was the one I wanted to catch. From what I've heard Romney spent a lot of time agreeing with Obama while hinting at a far more aggressive foreign policy. Because if it's one this the US economy needs it's more conflict in the world!

Obama also did a great job at nailing Romney on his point of the US navy being smaller than in 1916. It's called historical context Romney! Yes the US navy is smaller but so is everyone elses. The US navy completely outclasses what everyone else has. A big deal was made of China getting one carrier while the US is sitting on eleven. It's not going to help the economy by building ships you don't need.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#15    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostLegaia, on 23 October 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Lucky you. They both basically said the same things, except how hard the war drums should be beaten.

You are absolutely right. I had to turn it off because of the outright lies spewing out of their mouths. I just kept wishing Ron Paul was on that stage with them. He would've turned both of them inside out on this issue.
Ron Paul tells the truth and that's why he's not on that stage anymore.

I swear voters want to be lied to.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users