Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

White House knew 2 hrs after attack started

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#76    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,178 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postjoc, on 29 October 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

I think she removed certain posts, including mine, because of name calling and the over all vileness of some of the posts.  This isn't an adult forum.  But, as adults we should be able to conduct ourselves without sinking into the gutter.  What is unacceptable ....and is spelled out in the rules...is that flaming is disallowed. Sometimes in the heat of discussion it happens...but when it happens regularly enough it becomes detrimental to the entire thread and bodes badly for UM in general.

This...and thank you joc :)

iheartsugarbear

#77    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

View Postninjadude, on 24 October 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

See that's your problem. The initial premise is wrong. Obama even said it was a terrorist attack in his public comments thereafter. And why this is somehow important to you is beyond me. What difference is it that it's "terrorists" as opposed to criminals or any other appellation?

Either way it's not optimal.

View Postninjadude, on 24 October 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

will you STOP listening to faux news. He said it was an act of terror at his public comments the very next day. And no, it makes no difference if he said terrorist or pedophile.

Yes stop listening to faux news, just watch ten second clips out of context on mediamatters.org.

The best analogy I've heard regarding coverage of Benghazi is that for the media to side with Obama would be like Woodward and Bernstein helping Nixon cover up for Watergate.

View Postninjadude, on 24 October 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

what conspiracy are your flogging now? Because nothing like that occured.

Top story on media matters:

As Economic Growth Expands, A Fox Analyst Reaches For Conspiracy Theories

Too perfect. What do mean the economy's in trouble? Tin foil hat time!

Edited by Vein Capital, 29 October 2012 - 01:07 PM.

Posted Image

#78    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

in related news:

NY Times said:

Libya Warnings Were Plentiful, but Unspecific

WASHINGTON — In the months leading up to the Sept. 11 attacks on the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, the Obama administration received intelligence reports that Islamic extremist groups were operating training camps in the mountains near the Libyan city and that some of the fighters were “Al Qaeda-leaning,” according to American and European officials.

The warning about the camps was part of a stream of diplomatic and intelligence reports that indicated that the security situation throughout the country, and particularly in eastern Libya, had deteriorated sharply since the United States reopened its embassy in Tripoli after the fall of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s government in September 2011.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#79    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,825 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

All the evidence will eventually come out OR there will be hell to pay.  This one isn't going to fit under the rug - too crowded under there as it is - so they may as well 'fess up while there's some chance of avoiding impeachment.  This is what happens when a politician is treated like he's deity by the press.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#80    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

NY Times said:

Libya Warnings Were Plentiful, but Unspecific

WASHINGTON — In the months leading up to the Sept. 11 attacks on the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, the Obama administration received intelligence reports that Islamic extremist groups were operating training camps in the mountains near the Libyan city and that some of the fighters were “Al Qaeda-leaning,” according to American and European officials.

The warning about the camps was part of a stream of diplomatic and intelligence reports that indicated that the security situation throughout the country, and particularly in eastern Libya, had deteriorated sharply since the United States reopened its embassy in Tripoli after the fall of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s government in September 2011.

Read more
How much more specific does one need to be?  The Obama Administration was negligent in protecting our Embassy.  Why?  That is the big question that will be answered eventually.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#81    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

View Postjoc, on 30 October 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

How much more specific does one need to be?  The Obama Administration was negligent in protecting our Embassy.  Why?  That is the big question that will be answered eventually.

Because Congress did not allow the money to protect it, maybe?

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#82    joc

joc

• 12,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 October 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Because Congress did not allow the money to protect it, maybe?
Wrrrrrrong.   Try again.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#83    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

View Postjoc, on 30 October 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Wrrrrrrong.   Try again.

You mean they did approve the means to build housing for marines and a defensive wall? Rrrrreally?

about me

#84    joc

joc

• 12,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 October 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

You mean they did approve the means to build housing for marines and a defensive wall? Rrrrreally?
You mean you have to go before Congress to get permission to move Marines from point A to point B?
That is ridiculous and you know it.  The bottom line is...this 'question' isn't going to be answered in these forum pages...it is going to answered within the halls of Congress...it isn't going away..it just isn't.  It is too big.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#85    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postjoc, on 30 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

You mean you have to go before Congress to get permission to move Marines from point A to point B?
That is ridiculous and you know it.  The bottom line is...this 'question' isn't going to be answered in these forum pages...it is going to answered within the halls of Congress...it isn't going away..it just isn't.  It is too big.

You need a place to house them, you need a place to cook for them, you need a place so they can build their defensive structures. And the request for more marines, while approved" was lost "somewhere" in the DoD bureaucracy. One has to admit that the Department of defense needs to be cleaned up and reduced in size... but for that one would need Congress (that lately, sadly, sadly is dysfunctional).

There are only two types of people who try to gain political capital out of this: Those who don't really know what happened and those willing to walk over corpses (even over the corpse of the USA) to gain some political capital. What kind are you?

about me

#86    joc

joc

• 12,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 October 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

You need a place to house them, you need a place to cook for them, you need a place so they can build their defensive structures. And the request for more marines, while approved" was lost "somewhere" in the DoD bureaucracy. One has to admit that the Department of defense needs to be cleaned up and reduced in size... but for that one would need Congress (that lately, sadly, sadly is dysfunctional).

There are only two types of people who try to gain political capital out of this: Those who don't really know what happened and those willing to walk over corpses (even over the corpse of the USA) to gain some political capital. What kind are you?
All it takes is an order.  Apparently you have no idea how flexible our troops are.  They can go anywhere in a heartbeat minute with whatever they have.  Blame the Congress...doesn't cut it.  Americans are just plain sick and tired of the blame game from this administration.  People died...and Obama lied...and Hillary lied...and Rice lied...and they are still lying.  But go ahead and carry their water for them.  Not many are buying what you are selling.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#87    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

View Postjoc, on 30 October 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

All it takes is an order.  Apparently you have no idea how flexible our troops are.  They can go anywhere in a heartbeat minute with whatever they have.  Blame the Congress...doesn't cut it.  Americans are just plain sick and tired of the blame game from this administration.  People died...and Obama lied...and Hillary lied...and Rice lied...and they are still lying.  But go ahead and carry their water for them.  Not many are buying what you are selling.

I don't blame anybody except the Islamist.

about me

#88    joc

joc

• 12,654 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 October 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

I don't blame anybody except the Islamist.
I'll take that one.  But...let's say there is a bully on a certain corner...and you have to go by that corner everyday...and everyday he is threatening you...and then one day...as you walk by, you notice there are alot of the bully's friends with him.   If they beat you up, well, yeah, you can say they are to blame...and they are...but you knew you were going to get beat up and did nothing to protect yourself.  Who's fault then is it that you got beat up?  You can say you blame the bullies...and yet...somehow, somewhere, you gotta  take some of the blame on yourself.  But let's go a step further and say, you call 911, and they refuse to respond.  Then who's fault is it?

Edited by joc, 30 October 2012 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#89    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,399 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 October 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

So all 4 died because congress didn't build barracks for marines in Libya.   You're really reaching here.  Let's make this simple.  Why, when Clinton, the Ambassador and the head of the SST all requested enhanced security, did the order come down to reduce securirty including the removal of the SST?  BTW, if the SST had been left in place they probably could've driven off the attackers but that is just conjecture at this point.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#90    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostMerc14, on 30 October 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

So all 4 died because congress didn't build barracks for marines in Libya.   You're really reaching here.  Let's make this simple.  Why, when Clinton, the Ambassador and the head of the SST all requested enhanced security, did the order come down to reduce securirty including the removal of the SST?  BTW, if the SST had been left in place they probably could've driven off the attackers but that is just conjecture at this point.

All four died because the Islamist attacked them and everybody, at all levels, failed to foresee that eventuality, including Congress, or if you want it down to party lines: both Democrats and Republicans.

about me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users