Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please help me I'm scared & need advice asap

MickieSwahvae

Yesterday I fell asleep during the day and in my dream I saw my mom praying for me as if she knew something was wrong with me. All of a sudden a build of mucus formed in my mouth and throat making it hard for me to breath,

so I kept trying to get my moms attention but she seem to not see me at all even with me in front of her. It was like I wasn't even there but I was. Next my breathing slowed and I seem to not be able to catch my breath, at this point, I was

scared like hell and knew something wasn't right. I tried screaming, gasping for air but couldn't. I ran to the bathroom and when I looked and looked in the mirror and I could do nothing but cry. I begin trying to spit out all of the mucus that

was building up but more and more and more and more kept coming and it was none stop and I began to have a cold terrifying feeling come over me. When I turned around to walk out the bahtroomto look for some type of help before it

was too late, a dark grey shadow moved over my face and i tried screaming but my breath was being taking taken from me even more rapid then before. At this point im crying and I just know im bout to die but I;m looking for my mom to

save me and who ever else but I couldn't be saved! I was really dying! Something was trying to kill me and I can feel it... I knew I was dreaming so I tried my hardest to wake up but I couldn't, I was able to open my eyes to a certain degree an i can slowly begin to hear what was really going on outside my dream along with the televison but I kept being pulled into this nightmare with this spirit trying to take my life. As I was back in the dream I layed on my stomach and realized I wasn't breathing anymore, I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, so I closed my eyes crying so hard with no breath to breath thinking on the name of the most high to help in my begging for help!!! AS I began to open my eyes again and realize I was out the dream, I was being held down by something I couldn't see but I can feel it. I still couldn't breath and my mouth was really full of mucus like hell. I don't have a cold of any type and never have had a build of thick mucus in my mouth when I awake any other time AT ALL....At this point im wide awake!!! All i can think is i'm going to die with my grandma and pa in the other room and it ****ed me up even more because I still couldn't breath move or speak and all of a sudden I was released and I got up and went to the sink and spit out a mouth and then some full of mucus... The fear I felt, I have never felt before. I was dying :( Something was really trying to kill me and I need someone inturpretaion or advice on what is going on because i'm really scared. PLease someone help me or tell me what's going on. Thank u

Sounds like Sleep Paralysis. Also sounds like you may have sleep apnea.

SP is pretty common as everyone will go through it at least 1 time in their life. It may never happen again and it may happen again with no mucus involved and in a different way, but the common thread is not being able to move and the feeling of a presence and the pressure on the body. It can be terrifying if you do not know what it is, but usually when you do discover what it is, it becomes less terrifying.

Good luck and welcome.

• Like 6

Thank you guys so much. I'm going to look up sleep paralysis now because I bever been so scared in my life and I really hope that's all it is because I have a great fear of anything supernatural. Oh and is it possible for anyone to die while sleeping or during this sleep paralysis thing?

Thank you guys so much. I'm going to look up sleep paralysis now because I bever been so scared in my life and I really hope that's all it is because I have a great fear of anything supernatural. Oh and is it possible for anyone to die while sleeping or during this sleep paralysis thing?

Theres a link in my post to wiki about SP.

Theres a few good threads on here i think.

Thanks,

• Like 1

I don't believe anyone has ever died from SP. As far as sleep apnea goes, that is unlikely to die from either because the body usually starts breathing again on it's own.

If possible I'd go to the doctor and ask about sleep apnea because there are tests they can do to see if you have it and they can give you a machine to sleep with to help you. It's basically that you stop breathing while you sleep. My brother does it.

Ok I will look more into Sp and SweetPumper I thought of that for a moment bec of what I believe in I thought it was an evil spirit trying to kill me seriously

Yeah probably sleep parlysis like people said.

It can be something scary... people have told me about it before..

sounds very spooky

It's more than likely a demonic possession.

WTF! You feel its apt to post such a reply?

The bloke has quite literally filled his keks and think he will die by having a throat full of phlegm and you offer the advice that he is more than likely to be taken over by a demonic being.

SNIP

Edited by Maestro

Yeah, if it's apnea, get it treated. Apnea can wreck your lungs over time if it's not stopped.

Edited by WoIverine

It sounds like sleep paralysis. If that's the case, you shouldn't fear it, it will get easier. I think the entity was just part of your own dream state during your sleep paralysis. Nothing more.

You might find it helpful to look into some astral projection threads on here (under dreams and consciousness). Sleep paralysis is used sometimes to enter the out of body state. People who don't get sleep paralysis intentionally try to for this reason.

Hopefully for you, one day you can turn this into astral projection which seems to captivate anyone who knows anything about it.

Definitely see a Dr though, to get sleep apnea checked out.

Good luck :)

Ah, don't be too worried ok?? :)

Sunds like the typical sleep paralysis .. See if it happens again .. If it does happen again regularly, go consult a doctor .. If not, don't worry, it was just that and you are perfectly safe ..

And please don't think it's some demonic possessions and what not, because it's not!

Good luck ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mickie, Please understand I am not discounting your experience; however as I read it I began to recognize some symptoms of a physical problem that might cause this type of situation. My mother suffered years and years with a stomach/eusaphagus disorder originally caused by acid reflux. Eventually, her eusaphagus strictured and when that happened the symptoms she displayed were very much what you discribed. Because the food is "stuck" so to speak, the body reacts by producing a large quantity of mucus (thick frothy spit - sorry) as an internal method to clear the blockage & this goes on for quite some time. I am so sorry to describe this but she would have to stand over a sink and rid it until the blockage would slowly pass. Also, it becomes worse when you lay down which is when you said it happened. Mom had to sleep sitting up.

Have you had any previous symptoms of stomach acid? Please, please see a doctor . If this might be the problem, you need to address it medically.

• Like 1