Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Photo flew out of frame?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Kahlan23

Kahlan23

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Syracuse, NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

I will start with what I always start with..my name is Heather and I rarely post. I am more of a lurker, but I am on here a couple of times a week..I know my post count may deter people, so that's why I add this. Anyhow, if ANYONE can help me in any miniscular way, I beg you to. What happened was I was in the kitchen about to cook, around 12:40 *I work 3-11, and drive about 40 mins home as I can't find a nurse aide job closer that pays what I make = ) *, and I heard something drop. I look over and see my sons baby picture *now 12* on the floor. This picture is in a magnetized photo frame for refrigerators where it holds four photos slid in from the back and a sideways angle...so this picture had to slide out then up and out again to shoot from the fridge. I recently *almost a year ago* bought this house in my old hometown. I want my kids to grow up where I did..anyhow, I saw an old highschool friend still resideing in this town a couple months back and as we discussed this house he stated "So YOU bought the haunted house"..cliche, I know lol. I haven't let it effect me so much...there have been minor things that make me go hmmm but this time..this made me scared. I really don't even know what I am asking, I think I am more worried that it was my boys picture..I wonder if there is signifigance..there's NO way this picture flew out itself..thankyou for any help anyone can provide <3


#2    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,449 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

I don't think there is anything to be concerned about.
But as a measure of caution, I would talk to your boy, see if he's noticed anything odd lately, but do it dicreetly.


#3    Kahlan23

Kahlan23

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Syracuse, NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 25 October 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

I don't think there is anything to be concerned about.
But as a measure of caution, I would talk to your boy, see if he's noticed anything odd lately, but do it dicreetly.

I will do so. I am just so scared, and not a lot scares me but this is my boy..what should I ask??


#4    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,449 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostKahlan23, on 25 October 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

I will do so. I am just so scared, and not a lot scares me but this is my boy..what should I ask??
Firstly, there's nothing to be scared of..
He's 12 right..
hmmmm, Just fit it in with chit-chat.. Ask if he likes living in the house. Perhaps mention something about a leaky tap or something about the house you want to get fixed, maybe mention a door opened on it's own, then say it was probably just the wind.. Then just ask if he'd noticed anything odd lately, anything out of the ordinary. If he has, he'll tell you about it..
I personally don't think there's anything to worry about. Being scared is only going to make you edgy and he'll pick up on that..


#5    Kahlan23

Kahlan23

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Syracuse, NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 25 October 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

Firstly, there's nothing to be scared of..
He's 12 right..
hmmmm, Just fit it in with chit-chat.. Ask if he likes living in the house. Perhaps mention something about a leaky tap or something about the house you want to get fixed, maybe mention a door opened on it's own, then say it was probably just the wind.. Then just ask if he'd noticed anything odd lately, anything out of the ordinary. If he has, he'll tell you about it..
I personally don't think there's anything to worry about. Being scared is only going to make you edgy and he'll pick up on that..

Yea that's true. We just bought the house about a year ago..about six months ago I ran into a friend from highschool and we were catching up, he stated "so YOU bought the haunted house??" Apparently the people that lived here before mentioned seeing a man in the stairwell leading to the bathroom. Had he not said that, I would more then likely never notice the little things I do now. My daughter *almost two* always "talks" to something in her room. I occasionally hear her say "Bye" on her moniter. My fiance and I have both heard what sounds like somebody walking in our bedroom. It's a large room with hardwood floors, so they get that creak if stepped on. Occasionally, in the shower, the room will grow dark as if something walked by, I peek out and nothing is there. I never feel like I'm in danger, or that angry sensation..I can't really explain what I mean, but I do tend to get that watched feeling. I am usually one to find logical reasons as to why something is happening, but this picture incident has me really puzzled.


#6    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Did the pic come out of the frame or the magnetized part fall off the fridge?

It could have been just barely hanging on there if the latter, especially if something was behind it or if it was packed with something that de magnetized it.

Anyway best of luck!


#7    Kahlan23

Kahlan23

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Syracuse, NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 25 October 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Did the pic come out of the frame or the magnetized part fall off the fridge?

It could have been just barely hanging on there if the latter, especially if something was behind it or if it was packed with something that de magnetized it.

Anyway best of luck!

Nope, in fact before we go upstairs, my daughter and I *she's two* look at the pictures and identify the people and say "hi" lol. The picture was slid in a slot snuggly and has never before came out..I tried all day to figure this out lol. Thank you = )


#8    AshenPhoenix

AshenPhoenix

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2012

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostKahlan23, on 25 October 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Yea that's true. We just bought the house about a year ago..about six months ago I ran into a friend from highschool and we were catching up, he stated "so YOU bought the haunted house??" Apparently the people that lived here before mentioned seeing a man in the stairwell leading to the bathroom.
You may want to go to the town hall to look up the town records and see who has died in that house.  Assuming you want to figure out your ghostly co-inhabitant.

View PostKahlan23, on 25 October 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

My daughter *almost two* always "talks" to something in her room. I occasionally hear her say "Bye" on her moniter.
Young children are super sensitive to ghosts & spirits.  The fact that she talks friendly to the entity and doesn't seem scared is a good sign.  Doesn't sound like there's anything to worry about.

View PostKahlan23, on 25 October 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

My fiance and I have both heard what sounds like somebody walking in our bedroom. It's a large room with hardwood floors, so they get that creak if stepped on. Occasionally, in the shower, the room will grow dark as if something walked by, I peek out and nothing is there. I never feel like I'm in danger, or that angry sensation..I can't really explain what I mean, but I do tend to get that watched feeling. I am usually one to find logical reasons as to why something is happening, but this picture incident has me really puzzled.
My inclination (based on what you've said and assuming you're telling the truth) would be that you do have an entity.  The good news is that it seems friendly and you don't have to worry.  The bad news is that unless you have it removed from your home you'll need to learn to live with it.

Ghosts who have no malicious intent, generally just want to be acknowledged.  I would hazard a guess that the photo incident was to get your attention.  When little things like that happen, in my experience, the best thing to do is to smile warmly and acknowledge their presence such as, "I know you're there" or "Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you".  The worst thing you can do is to respond with fear or anger as that may attract other/malignant entities.  Rather then getting worked up & upset try to respond by sending out vibes of love & light.  Not easy I know, but try to think of it as a very shy, mischievious little child and that will help disolve any fear you may have.

Hope that helps.  :)


#9    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,449 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

I agree with the above.
If there is a spirit in your house it doesn't seem to pose a problem, infact, it may be quite friendly..
The photo "Of your boy when he was a baby" left the frame and grabbed you attention, nothing more.
Perhaps the message in this event was a timely reminder that he's not a baby anymore? who knows..
But as Ashen Phoenix said, Don't feed it fear or anger... they are what they eat..

Edited to add: There's alsorts of interpretations you can put on event's like this, and these interpretations don't need to be Omens or something ill concieved.. Perhaps there is something to think about in regards to your son? not something to dewll on, just a realisation that you need to face.

Edited by Professor T, 25 October 2012 - 08:13 PM.


#10    Kahlan23

Kahlan23

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Syracuse, NY

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 25 October 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I agree with the above.
If there is a spirit in your house it doesn't seem to pose a problem, infact, it may be quite friendly..
The photo "Of your boy when he was a baby" left the frame and grabbed you attention, nothing more.
Perhaps the message in this event was a timely reminder that he's not a baby anymore? who knows..

View PostAshenPhoenix, on 25 October 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

You may want to go to the town hall to look up the town records and see who has died in that house.  Assuming you want to figure out your ghostly co-inhabitant.

Young children are super sensitive to ghosts & spirits.  The fact that she talks friendly to the entity and doesn't seem scared is a good sign.  Doesn't sound like there's anything to worry about.

My inclination (based on what you've said and assuming you're telling the truth) would be that you do have an entity.  The good news is that it seems friendly and you don't have to worry.  The bad news is that unless you have it removed from your home you'll need to learn to live with it.

Ghosts who have no malicious intent, generally just want to be acknowledged.  I would hazard a guess that the photo incident was to get your attention.  When little things like that happen, in my experience, the best thing to do is to smile warmly and acknowledge their presence such as, "I know you're there" or "Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you".  The worst thing you can do is to respond with fear or anger as that may attract other/malignant entities.  Rather then getting worked up & upset try to respond by sending out vibes of love & light.  Not easy I know, but try to think of it as a very shy, mischievious little child and that will help disolve any fear you may have.

Hope that helps.  :)
But as Ashen Phoenix said, Don't feed it fear or anger... they are what they eat..

Edited to add: There's alsorts of interpretations you can put on event's like this, and these interpretations don't need to be Omens or something ill concieved.. Perhaps there is something to think about in regards to your son? not something to dewll on, just a realisation that you need to face.


You two are so very right and I feel the same. I thought a lot about it today at work and past incidences...I never feel like I am in danger *just fear of the unknown*, but always feel watched..I am going to acknowledge "it, him, she" from now on. My mother in law says she does that, she told me today. I was unaware she had experiences and reading how you say to handle it..and how she does-I felt much less afraid, anxious, nervous, etc,...I'm going to try my best to figure this out, in the meantime live happily with my "entity" lol. The town hall has records like that?? Do I just look up my address? Thank you all so much for your help, it really does mean a lot!


#11    AshenPhoenix

AshenPhoenix

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2012

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

View PostKahlan23, on 26 October 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

You two are so very right and I feel the same. I thought a lot about it today at work and past incidences...I never feel like I am in danger *just fear of the unknown*, but always feel watched..I am going to acknowledge "it, him, she" from now on. My mother in law says she does that, she told me today. I was unaware she had experiences and reading how you say to handle it..and how she does-I felt much less afraid, anxious, nervous, etc,...I'm going to try my best to figure this out, in the meantime live happily with my "entity" lol. The town hall has records like that?? Do I just look up my address? Thank you all so much for your help, it really does mean a lot!
I'm not exactly sure how to go about it.  I believe town hall will have records of everyone who has lived in the house.  Then you could use that to ctoss reference with their death certificates to see where they were living when they died.

But maybe someone here knows for sure how to go about it?  I'd google it but I'm headed for bed right now.  Maybe I will tomorrow if no one knowledgeable about looking up the records responds.  I'm kind of curious myself how it's done.


#12    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,225 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostKahlan23, on 25 October 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

I will start with what I always start with..my name is Heather and I rarely post. I am more of a lurker, but I am on here a couple of times a week..I know my post count may deter people, so that's why I add this. Anyhow, if ANYONE can help me in any miniscular way, I beg you to. What happened was I was in the kitchen about to cook, around 12:40 *I work 3-11, and drive about 40 mins home as I can't find a nurse aide job closer that pays what I make = ) *, and I heard something drop. I look over and see my sons baby picture *now 12* on the floor. This picture is in a magnetized photo frame for refrigerators where it holds four photos slid in from the back and a sideways angle...so this picture had to slide out then up and out again to shoot from the fridge. I recently *almost a year ago* bought this house in my old hometown. I want my kids to grow up where I did..anyhow, I saw an old highschool friend still resideing in this town a couple months back and as we discussed this house he stated "So YOU bought the haunted house"..cliche, I know lol. I haven't let it effect me so much...there have been minor things that make me go hmmm but this time..this made me scared. I really don't even know what I am asking, I think I am more worried that it was my boys picture..I wonder if there is signifigance..there's NO way this picture flew out itself..thankyou for any help anyone can provide <3

Can you post a picture of the frame and the way it was on the fridge?....This way, we can get a better understanding of how it could have fallen out / off.

I do not quite understand from the description.

We have had things fall from fridge, pics included.

I also would advice not dwelling on whom may have lived there, or died there. As a nurse, you know people die every day, in their homes. If you keep feeding that little seed in your head, you will start to get " ghost goggles " and everything you see and hear will be a ghost. Don't fall into that trap. Although it looks like you may be caught hook, line, and sinker.

:)



Occam's Razor

one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

Edited by Sakari, 26 October 2012 - 05:07 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#13    Kahlan23

Kahlan23

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Syracuse, NY

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

I am not sure if this posted, but all the photos slid in from the back at the top. It is a magnetized frame, so it would have to slide up then across the room, not sideways like I originally thought, still sliding up is impossible in my eyes. It was the picture in the upper left hand corner.

The image didn't work, so I will just add a link to the page. Hopefully that works. If not can someone please tell me to upload a picture, because I can not figure it out for the life of me =-)

http://s152.beta.pho...493564444571716

Ok well that worked, but it brings you to the wrong picture. Just click the browse arrow to the left once and thats the frame. Sorry for the troubles!!

Edited by Kahlan23, 26 October 2012 - 01:37 PM.


#14    Kahlan23

Kahlan23

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Syracuse, NY

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I haven't fallen for anything lol, I brush of most things that happen and am rather passive with it. It's the times that I can't figure out why something happened that gets me going. Now, it's more for curiosity sake = )


#15    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,225 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostKahlan23, on 26 October 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

I am not sure if this posted, but all the photos slid in from the back at the top. It is a magnetized frame, so it would have to slide up then across the room, not sideways like I originally thought, still sliding up is impossible in my eyes. It was the picture in the upper left hand corner.

The image didn't work, so I will just add a link to the page. Hopefully that works. If not can someone please tell me to upload a picture, because I can not figure it out for the life of me =-)

http://s152.beta.pho...493564444571716

Ok well that worked, but it brings you to the wrong picture. Just click the browse arrow to the left once and thats the frame. Sorry for the troubles!!



Thanks..

Still hard to understand what you are describing without really seeing it.

Refridgerators do vibrate, some more then others, and only at certain times....I am sure there are a few easily explained things that caused that, well, not easily, until you see it and say  " doh "...


Just a quick search ( and personal same situation ) this is not a rare event at all. Do a google search on magnetic pictures for fridge...A bunch of them with things like " will not fall off or slide down fridge as others do "......

Considering the large amount of these for sale, and all claiming to not slip or fall, and knowing myself, I would say you are ok, and just need a better picture holder.



Quote

Magnetic photo frames for refrigerators are also offered in other styles, in addition to the ones previously mentioned. Another style not yet mentioned are those with an acrylic front, and no backer. These magnetic frames have an acrylic top, with either a stylish teal or black border silkscreened onto the acrylic. On the backside, there are a series of magnets adhered to the acrylic, which will hold the display onto your fridge. These magnets also help to keep your photos in place, so they will not slide out from behind the magnetic photo frame. These products also come in a single photo design, as well as a 3-photo design, for customers to display 3 prints all in one magnetic picture frame.


" ensuring your displays will not slide or fall off the refrigerator or other surface "


http://www.displays2...y.aspx?ID=23704






Maybe Kevin Bacon is sneaking in and moving it?   :)

Edited by Sakari, 26 October 2012 - 02:58 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users