Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

thinking about buying a ouiji board


  • Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#16    xXSolemnDemonXx

xXSolemnDemonXx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

I do not advise buying a Ouija board, but if you do, here is some advice.

Do not ask the ghosts you are talking to through the Ouija board to do things such as knock or touch you. That could allow the spirit to come out of the board.

If the planchette makes a figure-eight, moves to the four corners of the board, or counts down, place the planchette on "Goodbye." and do not touch the board. If the planchette makes a figure-eight or moves to the four corners of the board, it means that you have contacted an evil spirit. If it counts down, it means that the spirit is trying to come out of the board.

Do not use the Ouija board if you are sick. Do not use the Ouija board if it's only you.

Spirits can lie, so don't believe everything they tell you.

Be kind to the spirit.

Do not ask about the future.

If you ever decide to destroy the board, do not burn it. Tear it into seven pieces and bury it. Don't throw it away. The Ouija board could come back.

Edited by xXSolemnDemonXx, 17 February 2013 - 06:59 AM.


#17    coolguy

coolguy

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:east islip , new york

  • Star trek rules

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

DONT MESS WITH IT AND DONT BRING IT IN YOUR HOME


#18    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

This is a toy, it does not work, rofl, just "search" this site for a plethora (sp?) of posts talking about the idoemeter effect.  If these things did work, Sakari would have been eaten by a Type 6 Balrog Fire Demon long ago....

On a serious note, think about this for 1 minute - these have been sold in the US alone since the 1940's (maybe even earlier) at retailers like Toys-R-Us, Kay-B-hobby, Spencers etc etc, MILLIONS of Ouija boards floating around just this country.  They are supposed to bring spirits/demons sometimes good sometimes bad...not 1 not 1 single documented case of ANYONE ever coming to harm via use of a ouija board...?

What does that tell you?  It tells you to ignore the people "warning" you of the danger, and buy the toy if you want to try out the ideometer effect with some friends.

Edited by CakeOrDeath, 19 February 2013 - 10:07 PM.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#19    acute

acute

    The Hedgeless Hoglet

  • Member
  • 2,256 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mercia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Don't be tempted. AVOID OUIJA BOARDS.
The spirits they attract tend to be deceitful, angry, and malevolent.
It's never your dear departed grandmother.

If you believe that ouija boards can contact the spirit world, follow my advice.
If you don't believe that ouija boards work, then why are you wasting your money?


#20    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

The ouiji board is bad because one is not supposed to attempt to contact and communicate with spirits.

I am guessing the results vary but why chance making a mess of your life.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#21    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

    Interterrestrial Being

  • Member
  • 5,617 posts
  • Joined:04 May 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NE OK USA

  • "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

They "work", but as far as I'm concerned, they don't do anything more mystical than tiddlywinks. I did and still do find them fascinating because of the way the human mind and consciousness and our unconscious works, especially with multiple people.

But if you're worried about it or scared of it, just leave it alone.

If your family forbids you from using one or having on in the house or whatever, just leave it alone, you can always try it later when you have a bit more freedom. It's not worth causing problems over.

If you are not HONESTLY objective - if you can't do something without "freaking out" or getting obsessed or whatever, just leave it alone. A lot of people have basically been traumatized, stressed and terrified by the Ouija board, because they weren't able to just approach it objectively as an interesting experiment.

| Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252 hrs/4yrs



#22    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

    Expert Procrastinator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

  • I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Ouija boards are just toys that you use to freak you're friends out (Why do you think they sell them a kids' toy stores. No really, you can buy them at Toys R Us). I don't see how a little board with letters and numbers on it can summon demons.

That being said...I'd be to much of a wimp to try on out for myself. I say don't waste your money on one and buy something that's actually worth your time, which is literally anything other than a Ouija board.

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#23    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostKipperphoenix, on 21 February 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

Ouija boards are just toys that you use to freak you're friends out (Why do you think they sell them a kids' toy stores. No really, you can buy them at Toys R Us). I don't see how a little board with letters and numbers on it can summon demons.

That being said...I'd be to much of a wimp to try on out for myself. I say don't waste your money on one and buy something that's actually worth your time, which is literally anything other than a Ouija board.

Buying a ouija board is indeed a waste of money, one can browse a bookstore, go to the movies, etc.

As far as selling them in kid's stores, well, it was some one's peabrained idea to sell them as toys to begin with. Obviously someone at Parker Brothers misguidely and sincerely  believed it would make a great toy for kids. Especially in the light of all the reality television shows built around ghosts, psychics and mediums, and paranormal investigators... no wonder. Just because it is a toy doesnt mean it does not expose users to spiritual dangers.

Someone earlier in the thread stated it quite brilliantly, the unseen spirit world is always deceptive and one should take great care in what kind of information they receive from the unseen spirit world. Or again, reject it all and turn their hearts towards better and more wholesome spiritual guidance than relying upon the unseen and unknown spirit world.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#24    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Common Sense Aficionado

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 21 February 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

The ouiji board is bad because one is not supposed to attempt to contact and communicate with spirits.

I am guessing the results vary but why chance making a mess of your life.

I think one has a better chance of communicating with spirits if they use psychedelic drugs,than with as another poster said something that can be bought at a toy store.I believe paranormal things can and do happen,but a piece of cardboard from a toy store just isnt one of these things.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#25    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

    Expert Procrastinator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

  • I make blog entries with stupid jokes and post them to the internet.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 21 February 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

Buying a ouija board is indeed a waste of money, one can browse a bookstore, go to the movies, etc.

As far as selling them in kid's stores, well, it was some one's peabrained idea to sell them as toys to begin with. Obviously someone at Parker Brothers misguidely and sincerely  believed it would make a great toy for kids. Especially in the light of all the reality television shows built around ghosts, psychics and mediums, and paranormal investigators... no wonder. Just because it is a toy doesnt mean it does not expose users to spiritual dangers.

Someone earlier in the thread stated it quite brilliantly, the unseen spirit world is always deceptive and one should take great care in what kind of information they receive from the unseen spirit world. Or again, reject it all and turn their hearts towards better and more wholesome spiritual guidance than relying upon the unseen and unknown spirit world.
Indeed.

Actually, Ouija boards have been sold at kids' stores for many years. It's not a recent thing.

I agree that the powers of the unseen spirit world could be deceptive and evil, but a Ouija board never has and never will have any kind of connection to ghosts/spirits/demons.

Check out my paranormal news blog on Tumblr! TheParanormalBlog.Tumblr.com

#26    voiceofreason

voiceofreason

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined:29 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere.

  • The proof is out there.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Try this. Take a stack of coins (around five will do), and two circles of card the same diameter as the coins. Now, take two elastic bands and band the whole lot in a stack, with the cardboard top and bottom. Glue one end to the bottom of the glass that you intend to use on the ouija board. Place your fingers on the other cardboard disc. Use your ouija board as normal. You WILL find that the glass moves as normal, but, the coin stack will lean in the direction of the travel of the glass. Proving beyond doubt that the glass is being pushed by the people using the board, not pulled ( the coin stack in this instance would lean away from direction of travel if it were being pulled by invisible forces) If you are using the pendulum method, blindfold the person holding the pendulum and get them to use the ouija board as normal. Then without them noticing, substitute the board for a tv guide. the pendulum will continue to move. The ouija board does not work. It is a toy, nothing more.

Edited by voiceofreason, 21 February 2013 - 12:35 PM.


#27    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,771 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 25 October 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

i see a lot of people post about experiences with ouiji boards. ive always seemed to be on te fence about whether or not i believe in ghosts.
i really need to see it wity my own eyes or i dont know if i will ever truely believe.

i was thinking of buying a ouiji board anx trying to contact any demon or spirit that i can talk to just so i can see it with my own eyes. i do not scare easily and im not easily fooled.

the thing is i wouls not use board with anyone else because i dont want to look stupid, so is it possible to use a ouiji board i  ur own?

is there an easier way tocontact a demon or spirit?

i really need to see this for myself. any advice would be helpful. no im not scared of being attacked by a demon.

Go for it.  They're available in the toy aisle at Target.

(that should tell you something)

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#28    Painnsufferin

Painnsufferin

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined:30 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostxXSolemnDemonXx, on 17 February 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

I do not advise buying a Ouija board, but if you do, here is some advice.

Do not ask the ghosts you are talking to through the Ouija board to do things such as knock or touch you. That could allow the spirit to come out of the board.

If the planchette makes a figure-eight, moves to the four corners of the board, or counts down, place the planchette on "Goodbye." and do not touch the board. If the planchette makes a figure-eight or moves to the four corners of the board, it means that you have contacted an evil spirit. If it counts down, it means that the spirit is trying to come out of the board.

Do not use the Ouija board if you are sick. Do not use the Ouija board if it's only you.

Spirits can lie, so don't believe everything they tell you.

Be kind to the spirit.

Do not ask about the future.

If you ever decide to destroy the board, do not burn it. Tear it into seven pieces and bury it. Don't throw it away. The Ouija board could come back.

Is there a manual for this information or.....?


#29    GoSC

GoSC

    HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

  • Member
  • 2,615 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Silver Mountain

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostKipperphoenix, on 21 February 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Indeed.

Actually, Ouija boards have been sold at kids' stores for many years. It's not a recent thing.

I agree that the powers of the unseen spirit world could be deceptive and evil, but a Ouija board never has and never will have any kind of connection to ghosts/spirits/demons.

This is a dangerous form of spiritist and divination. It is my belief that there is a whole spirit-verse bound to the Earth that is overwhelmingly malignant and evil. The ouija board opens communication with this Earth-bound malignant spirits and their only purpose is to mislead and deceive the gullible and naive.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#30    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,771 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostPainnsufferin, on 21 February 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Is there a manual for this information or.....?

All of this world-wide angst about kids and guns and lo and behold we're selling such a hellish device right in the toy aisle of almost every major retailer on the planet.

Shocking.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users