Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Legend Of Conan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,504 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to return as Conan the Barbarian in Universal's The Legend Of Conan. It will skip over both the sequel to the original 1982 film (and last year's remake which starred Jason Momoa) for a Summer 2014 release. Read on for details and comments from those involved.

It seems like today is going to be full of "WHA-?!" moments, as Deadline has now revealed that Arnold Schwarzenegger is set to once again play Conan the Barbarian in The Legend Of Conan. He'll reprise the role of the Robert E. Howard creation after first playing the character in 1982. "The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior, and this is the take of the film we will make," producer Fredrik Malmberg told the site. "It’s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle."
Read more at http://www.comicbook...ouTVvDjOoi9l.99

Conan the Barbarian is probably my favorite movie. I have the soundtrack, I know every line from the movie... god I love that film.
This must happen.

Conan! What is best in life!
Posted Image

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,663 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

I liked the original Conan but I think they should get someone besides Arnold to play Conan in this one.

#3    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 7,504 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostHilander, on 26 October 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

I liked the original Conan but I think they should get someone besides Arnold to play Conan in this one.

It's supposed to tell the story of his later years. John Milius (the original director) wanted to bring Arnold back every 2 or 3 years for another Conan movie up until a final one with him becoming king. But then Terminator came out....

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 14,691 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

As I've said elsewhere, I'd have cast Arnold as Conan's father in the Momoa lead reboot of the series.
Mind you, Ron Perlman was (as ever) brilliant in the role.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#5    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 26 October 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

[/size][/font][/color]

Conan the Barbarian is probably my favorite movie. I have the soundtrack, I know every line from the movie... god I love that film.
This must happen.

Conan! What is best in life!
Posted Image

I really hope they don't screw this up...  The original is unrivaled.  It will be hard to measure up to the genius of that film.

#6    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 7,504 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 26 October 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

I really hope they don't screw this up...  The original is unrivaled.  It will be hard to measure up to the genius of that film.

Oh, I agree. It could be the most marvelous movie in history, or just big giant piece of crap. I am hoping for the former.

#7    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Just found this thread. great news! i love that movie! :w00t:

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,991 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I think I just died a little.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users