Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

European Union Exit?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,247 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 28 October 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

LOL, I liked those bits! ;)

If / When the United Kingdom holds a referendum and the people choose to leave the political EU. what will you do, will you move to continental Europe? (thats if you currently hail from the United Kingdom)

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#17    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Poststevewinn, on 29 October 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

If / When the United Kingdom holds a referendum and the people choose to leave the political EU. what will you do, will you move to continental Europe? (thats if you currently hail from the United Kingdom)

Seeing as we ARE in the EU, shouldn't it be you planning a move?

#18    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,247 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 30 October 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Seeing as we ARE in the EU, shouldn't it be you planning a move?

we have not reached the point yet at which i would consider my future. how about yourself? is it much the same?

I see today that Greece as agreed a deal with the IMF and EU concerning the next round of bailout money, the Greek politicians will vote on the matter. Greece will  then impose 13.5bn euros ($17.4bn; £10.8bn) of cuts. you wonder how much more the people of Greece can take. what a state of affairs when Greece will run out of cash next month unless it receives 31.2bn euros in loans from the EU-IMF bailout fund.

$17.4bn

Posted Image

#19    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 30 October 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

we have not reached the point yet at which i would consider my future. how about yourself? is it much the same?

I see today that Greece as agreed a deal with the IMF and EU concerning the next round of bailout money, the Greek politicians will vote on the matter. Greece will  then impose 13.5bn euros ($17.4bn; £10.8bn) of cuts. you wonder how much more the people of Greece can take. what a state of affairs when Greece will run out of cash next month unless it receives 31.2bn euros in loans from the EU-IMF bailout fund.

$17.4bn
The question is Steve - how do you imagine that Greece crashing their economy all by themselves would lead ultimately to a better place for the Greek people. I guarantee you that they would already have reverted to a military junta at this stage if they were out of the Euro. It is only the weight of the EU which has allowed them to avail of the cash they have been able to access. In or out of the Eurozone the Greeks are up to their necks in it, at least at the moment they have a paddle.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#20    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,247 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 30 October 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

The question is Steve - how do you imagine that Greece crashing their economy all by themselves would lead ultimately to a better place for the Greek people. I guarantee you that they would already have reverted to a military junta at this stage if they were out of the Euro. It is only the weight of the EU which has allowed them to avail of the cash they have been able to access. In or out of the Eurozone the Greeks are up to their necks in it, at least at the moment they have a paddle.

Br Cornelius

I think Greece are so absorbed by the EU they are lost, gone, they owe so much money, they've been annexed by the EU, those who control the money have the power - sadly Greece as no money of its own and so the EU is now in control. -  EU MEP's want Spain to ask for a bailout so they too will then be firmly in the clutches of the EU. only two weeks ago Italian prime minister said he fears parliamentary democracy will bring down the EU. - also something i found out only yesterday while watching the EU parliament LIVE, is that any new members who want to join the EU have to change their currency to the Euro. :w00t:

Posted Image

#21    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

I suspect a referendum on the matter will wind up with most people voting to keep things the way they are.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#22    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Poststevewinn, on 30 October 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

I think Greece are so absorbed by the EU they are lost, gone, they owe so much money, they've been annexed by the EU, those who control the money have the power - sadly Greece as no money of its own and so the EU is now in control. -  EU MEP's want Spain to ask for a bailout so they too will then be firmly in the clutches of the EU. only two weeks ago Italian prime minister said he fears parliamentary democracy will bring down the EU. - also something i found out only yesterday while watching the EU parliament LIVE, is that any new members who want to join the EU have to change their currency to the Euro. :w00t:

So Scotland will have to use the Euro if it goes independent and has to re-join the EU.  That should go down well up there.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users