Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Curiosity: Life at Mars?

extraterrestrial mars

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    Ligia Cabus

Ligia Cabus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• "Hell, ain't a bad place to be." AC/DC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image

MARS. The photo is in the NASA site. It was obtained by the camera mast (Mastcam) during the Martian day 52 or 52th of sun of the mission Curiosity Mars Rover, or be in 28/09/2012. This place of the red planet is called Rocknest. The real dimension of the frame is 1.5 m wide by 5 m high.

At first glance, does not exist, in this landscape, nothing remarkable, much less a way of life. But once again, the eagle eye of an internaut that certainly would want so much to find something extraordinary in this orb apparently dead, discovered or at least can seem that discovered a living being amid the rocks. Whatever, its shape and appearance is similar to a Guinea pig. ...

DETAILS OF THE IMAGE

HERE > http://brazilweirdnews.blogspot.com.br/2012/10/curiosity-life-at-mars.html

BECAUSE IN NASA'S PAGE > [http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/multimedia/pia16204.html]

IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE SEE ... THE CREATURE?... OBJECT?... WELL ...THE THING

#2    Anonymous User

Anonymous User

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

Second time this has been posted. It's a rock.

#3    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Wait for it...... must be a rock! Otherwise i would already red that life has been found... and ... one wants to see what he/she wants to see... so just a rock until newsflash.. sorry for not saying it looks like what you are seening, but you must be real and objective at this kind of stuff you will learn this here trust me. This forum is much diffrent than you expect it to be.. you'll see! I am soft about this things but there are people here who can and will pursue the reality of such things.

Anyways Welcome to UM where most of things get an explanation via lots of research and factual evidence, hope you'll like it!

This forum will probably be one of the website which will be the first to have more information when the actual thing becomes reality!

Anyways have fun, take a read, lots of exploration is avaible!

Cheers!

Nuke

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#4    Ligia Cabus

Ligia Cabus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• "Hell, ain't a bad place to be." AC/DC

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I didn't omit in my profile: I like the fortean journalism, facts that are on the border of the absurd and unexplained. I hunt facts; I like to collect them, research them and publish them in my blog - where the acess is more easy - and the organization is chronological. I do it every day. They are news that appear in newspapers and magazines  - and it is all.

I found this news in a bad text of a peruvian newspaper that not had located the "object" with precision. This is the URL: EL CHINO - http://elchino.pe/in...a-en-marte.html

The curiosity (mine - no of NASA) made ​​me hunt the image on the american space agency site. About the image, I can't have absolutely sure that  is a rock but I also can't say that it isn't  a living being. But I filed the registry in my collection and I'm sharing it with all you, here, in this forum.

If some people here will go want throw rocks at me or in my posts, ok - they can get in line and catch the password number. Rock it.

#5    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a dark, sarcastic, depressing blanket of nihilism

• 25,353 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Oh, I like that. it's rather cute. I want a Martian Guinea Pig!

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#6    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostLigia Cabus, on 28 October 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

MARS. The photo is in the NASA site. It was obtained by the camera mast (Mastcam) during the Martian day 52 or 52th of sun of the mission Curiosity Mars Rover, or be in 28/09/2012. This place of the red planet is called Rocknest. The real dimension of the frame is 1.5 m wide by 5 m high.

At first glance, does not exist, in this landscape, nothing remarkable, much less a way of life. But once again, the eagle eye of an internaut that certainly would want so much to find something extraordinary in this orb apparently dead, discovered or at least can seem that discovered a living being amid the rocks. Whatever, its shape and appearance is similar to a Guinea pig. ...

DETAILS OF THE IMAGE

HERE > http://brazilweirdnews.blogspot.com.br/2012/10/curiosity-life-at-mars.html

BECAUSE IN NASA'S PAGE > [http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/multimedia/pia16204.html]

IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE SEE ... THE CREATURE?... OBJECT?... WELL ...THE THING

*sigh*

Looking at the original Nasa image will show you that this area is littered with thousands of rocks. Which is what it is. A rock. Not a guinea pig. I don't know which is more depressing, that someone spent time posting this fluff or that I spent time replying.

Edited by Emma_Acid, 28 October 2012 - 08:38 PM.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#7    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Sure looks like a gerbil to me!

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,329 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

no air in mars

#9    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

cool trick of the eye tho

#10    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,410 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 28 October 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

no air in mars

Actually, there is...just very, very thin - less than 1% of the pressure of that on Earth. Sorry, just nitpicking :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#11    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,869 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 28 October 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

*sigh*

Looking at the original Nasa image will show you that this area is littered with thousands of rocks. Which is what it is. A rock. Not a guinea pig. I don't know which is more depressing, that someone spent time posting this fluff or that I spent time replying.

It's good to see you around again Emma. :tu:

I certainly don't mind your response, after all it's spot on.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#12    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

It's a rock. It's "Leg" has absolutely no seperation from it's "jaw". Pereidolia.

#13    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Well, I guess it was just a matter of time before someone saw a rock that reminded them of something. :rolleyes:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#14    grc

grc

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• Out of my mind, back in five minutes.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Just a rock. :sk

"Bigfoot is blurry!" -Mitch Hedberg

#15    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

So should we be preparing for an inevitable space guinea pig invasion?

Also tagged with extraterrestrial, mars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users