Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Jack the Ripper: Sickert & The Art of Murder

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#46    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,289 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE(Jackdaw @ Oct 31 2004, 07:14 PM)
The following is for amusement only. Or is it? You decide!

A Tale of J-acronym the Ripper 

" Do you think Jack the Ripper was male or female? "
" He was a sexually frustrated man"
" Who says? "
" Mary Anne Nicholls equals MAN
" Did he leave us any clues? "
" No. Only victims. Stride,Chapman,Kelly,Eddowes,Tabram which equals SCKET. I  believe there R others. "
" How will you find them? "
" Of that I am uncertain. However, the Art of Murder can often leave a signature "

View Post

Cool

iheartsugarbear

#47    Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:48 AM

Before I submit the next instalment of Sickert's Secrets I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank all the staff / controllers and moderators connected with the Unexplained Mysteries Site. Many thanks for allowing me to air my views, opinions and images. Although they are totally original, ( Not even Patricia Cornwell herself knows of their existence. If nothing else I must have increased her book sales! ) by my own admission they are at times unconventional.
My next posts will concern a couple of the victms. Before I do so and in order to set the scene may I add that Sickert often wore a red neckerchief.The type that a Parisian artist or a sailor would wear.
Shortly before her death in Mitre Square, Catherine Eddowes was seen in the company of a man who was wearing a red neckerchief. She appeared to be pushing him away but did not seem too upset by his attentions. Moments later she was dead. Her body was savagely mutilated which included the tip of her nose being cut off. Amongst her injuries were deep cuts to each cheek. Both in the shape of a vee.
Some so called Ripperologists ( Ha Ha ) believe that the murderer inscribed his initial and that in doing so he left the letter M.
If truth be told two vees make a doubleyoo: VV. Please correct me if I speak out of turn but doesn't Walter begin with W.
Soon I will be revealing another image secreted in the painter's works. The half face of a man wearing a red neckerchief.

#48    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:48 AM

This guy Sickert sounds pretty bizarre ?!! JD can you tell some more about this wacko like why wasn't he suspected or was he ? what happened to him etc.

#49    smallpackage

smallpackage

This sentence will end now.

• 1,111 posts

• War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures.
    -Ron Paul

Posted 04 November 2004 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(Seraphina @ Oct 8 2004, 04:33 AM)
I must admit....I don't see it in the paintaing huh.gif I think it would take a great deal of stretching the thin line between fact and supposition to conclude that the shapes apparantly being found in those pics are actually what they're supposed to be...

View Post

Same here. I see nothing other than some pink string.

#50    Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 12:53 AM

Firstly, in reply to Dazdillinjah's post. Dear Daz, in time and with the aid of this forum, I hope to "paint" the full picture re Sickert's Secrets. Please be patient.
Secondly, may I return to another of Jacky boy's victims- Mary Kelly. We have already discussed Catherine Eddowes and the red neckerchief.
Kelly was a pretty girl who apparently modelled for Sickert.
Shortly before her death she was seen in the company of a man who offered her a red handkerchief/neckerchief. She took the item and the pair were last seen entering her lodgings/room.
Subsequently Kelly was murdered. I will not expand on her wounds or her suffering except to say the poor girl was "butchered".
Despite my obvious interest in the Whitechapel Murders one facet of the case continues to puzzle me. It would appear that although the victims had come face to face with the Devil himself, not one of them screamed out. Which is of course the normal human reaction when one is in fear for one's life. The Ripper was stalking the streets for prey and yet some of the victims were prepared to venture down darkened alleyways with a supposed stranger in order to perform sexual acts.
The above observations often lead me to believe that the victims were at ease in the company of Jack and had no idea of the hell that was about to be unleashed.
Despite the horrific pictures of Kelly sprawled out on the bed I cannot help but
consider that she may have been posing/modelling prior to death. If so. Who for?

#51    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:47 AM

My apologies Jackdaw ... the suspense is getting to me !!!! this is excellent & intrigueing. I see the subtle images in the paintings & Im riveted with the info so far ... TOP STUFF  thumbsup.gif

#52    Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:00 AM

For those of you who have been unable to decipher the images I have posted so far may I suggest that you put a magnifying lens to the image whilst displayed on your computer screen or indeed find a black & white copy of the portrait ENNUI and use the same technique. What one must remember is the fact that Sickert never meant such scenes to be detected. They have been his and Jack's secret for over 100yrs.
My next  image (which will be sent soonest) may be clearer.
In closing may I leave you with this thought. In his early days Sickert was an actor. He liked to use the stage name MR NEMO. In Latin the name translates into Mr NOBODY. During the Ripper's reign of terror a telegram was sent to the police supposedly from Jack bragging about his exploits. It was originally signed in the name of Mr NEMO but just prior to it being wired the name was crossed out although still legible. Was Jacky boy getting over confident? I wonder if he made any other mistakes which were overlooked by the authorities? It would be interesting to know how many other people in Victorian England went by the name of Mr NEMO.

#53    Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:22 AM

My last post included the name Mr Nemo, a name that Sickert used during his stage days. With regard to Mr Nemo the following details have been well and truly documentated in Patricia Cornwell's book.

1. The telegram I referred to in my last post was signed Mr Nobody (Mr Nemo ). However just prior to sending the name was changed to Jack the Ripper.

2. In all, 5 letters were sent to the City of London police from Jacky boy that were signed NEMO.

3. One letter from the Ripper was sent to the editor of the London Times newspaper. Again it was signed Nemo.

4. Yet another Ripper letter was signed/initialled R.St
Sickert invariably signed his portraits and sketches St. An abbreviated version of his name. However in later years he began to sign his works R.St

The above  makes me wonder if he became frustrated by the inaptitude of the police efforts to catch him/Jack and so he began to leave subtle clues in his paintings?

Edited by Jackdaw, 08 November 2004 - 12:26 AM.

#54    Werewolf of Doom

Werewolf of Doom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:27 AM

the painting isn't loading on my comp (red x) but those are good evidence photos. didn't Jack say in one letter that if jazz(I think) music was played on the streets all day he wouldn't kill anyone? I read it in a paranormal book at my school.

#55    Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:36 AM

Werewolf of Doom. For some reason the initial ENNUI portrait I attached on my first post did not load. However if you look at my second post (on pg 1) I sent a further version of the painting in its original form.

Regards
                                                          Jackdaw

#56    Werewolf of Doom

Werewolf of Doom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:39 AM

That's bizzare! (and speaking of bizzare, the drapes on my window fell spontaniously)

#57    Werewolf of Doom

Werewolf of Doom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:41 AM

Oh, wait a minute, that's not Jack I was thinking of with the jazz thing, that was the New Orleans Axe Murderer

#58    Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 01:00 AM

Whether the victims number five, six, seven or more the enigma still remains the same. All were prostitutes who were offering sexual favours prior to their deaths.
The question to be asked is did any of the victims actually engage in the act of sex just before being slaughtered. Evidence would suggest that they did not.
I believe Sickert had a major sexual problem in the fact that due to a health  disorder during childhood he was left with a minute 'stump' for his sexual organ. It has been suggested that his condition may have prevented him from engaging in the act of sexual intercourse.
Again I ask how many of the unfortunate victims were sexually violated?

Edited by Jackdaw, 12 November 2004 - 01:03 AM.

#59    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:09 PM

Hmmm all this evidence is narrowing it down to ---> Sickert ... NoDoubts JD !!!! I will now patiently await next instalments. (Just have to say Im pretty much already convinced this psycho is Jackyboy !!!)

#60    Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:50 AM

As time goes by, many more, like yourself Dazdillinjah, will become convinced.
The key to this mystery is secreted in art.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users