Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Psychic quits after winning National Lottery

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostRyu, on 29 October 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

We're not talking about Jesus; consider that he existed (if at all) in a different era.
I don't care if being a psychic is a gift or not. They should be able to charge for their services (in the loosest sense of the term)
After all, being a creative artist is a gift too so are they supposed to create great works for absolutely free?
The cost of living is expensive and there are bills to pay, if one cannot use their "gifts" as a means to earn a living then they may as well just give up and work for McDonalds or work in an office or someplace that doesn't require anything special except memorizing how to do repetitive tasks.
exactly my point, but expressed far better lol.
thank you ryu

#32    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

The law of averages says that even one of these *snip* will win Lotto one day... There was no psychic prediction here.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 31 October 2012 - 04:12 AM.
name calling removed

#33    richardlivo

richardlivo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

"People will have to go elsewhere" it's amazing how money turns people into ar**holes..

And is it really fair That an apparent psychic won the lottery? She may of seen into the future? That's an unfair advantage hahaha

#34    nohands

nohands

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

wow nice!!! i hope i can do that too..

#35    wiki65

wiki65

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Well if you apply to every Euro Chance100 in the world, then yeah sure, you can increase your chances. But winning the lottery in any country is usually a one out of a million or billion chance.

Edited by Tiggs, 30 December 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#36    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well duh, of course she would because people who claim to be psychics are either charlatans or just idiots who think their thoughts mean something. Hell, I'd pretend to be a psychic too because there's millions of gullible people out there who believe in such nonsense.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#37    _Only

_Only

• 6,487 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 October 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

What's the percentage of psychics that win the lottery, as compared to the percentage of  non-psychics that win the lottery?

What does that have to do with what Simbi was saying?

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#38    _Only

_Only

• 6,487 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

View Postdiablo_04, on 29 October 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

If you do something from love, there is no retirement, especially if you have a "gift" to help people.

Retiring doesn't mean to stop doing what you know. It means to stop doing it as your job.

#39    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I used to read tarot cards, i never charged anyone for the readings and i had some accuracy at it  but i was taught that using  'the gift' as it was callled for myself in any way was to call down bad Karma on myself.  The worst bad karma i received from reading the cards was the day i was slapped silly by someone i did a reading for because the reading came true. she blamed me and my cards for what came true.

#40    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Ok I am now getting fed up with the bs...

First, I absolutely hate the term psychic even though I am considered by many to be a psychic medium. Why? It implies the ability to see not just the paranormal, past, and present... But the ability to see the future of which I cannot do and do not know anyone who can.

Second, pricing your services really depends on your services. Simply explained, if you're offering these services as a means to provide for yourself and/or family, by all means set your price. Now if you're offering these services cause you just want to help people you should NOT ask them to pay a fee. Accepting donations/tips from people you've helped is one thing, but someone really interested in helping others doesn't do so at a price.

NOTE: if you do have a price don't go claiming that you're in this line of work to help others, it's a vile and disgusting lie to tell.

Finally, regardless of who wins the lottery or what talents they might have, choosing to retire does not reflect any sort of ill intention. Truth be told, any person with half a mind that comes across such a substantial amount of money would retreat to there new dream life and let the world worry about itself. Lets face it, how many lottery winners have you seen helping others?

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#41    _Only

_Only

• 6,487 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostxFelix, on 29 December 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Ok I am now getting fed up with the bs...

First, I absolutely hate the term psychic even though I am considered by many to be a psychic medium. Why? It implies the ability to see not just the paranormal, past, and present... But the ability to see the future of which I cannot do and do not know anyone who can.

A lot of people have had striking pre-cognitive dreams. I only mention this because it has happened to me once in my life, and I'll never forget it. I had a dream that I went to visit a stranger's house and he gave me and my friend a tour. Some months later, my friend said someone he knew had offered him a job in Utah and I was invited. We drove a U-Haul over there across a few states, and when we arrived the man gave us a tour of his house. The same tour from the dream.

I'll never forget this.

#42    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

I love that so many people missed Capt Amerika's sarcasm.

#43    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

View Postpallidin, on 29 October 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Yeah, I hear you on that. "Pure" spirituality would have no desire for money, or even material possessions beyond the basics.

Expect that we dont all live in a Free World. We Need Money, and Basic Material Possessions to Survive.

#44    _Only

_Only

• 6,487 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

And we aren't pure. We're human.

#45    Classified Document

Classified Document

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

What's wrong with this? She just one 2.2 million! Anyone would leave their job of 40 years! She can retire now and just enjoy the money. The media needs to stay out of peoples buisness. And actually get a story on something that matters.

This isn't news, this is gossip.

Edited by Classified Document, 30 December 2012 - 06:41 AM.

~ Sorry ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users