Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

My first lucid dream experience


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Ok so this morning was my first lucid dream experience and I have to say it was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced.

Ok so firstly it started off as your regular dream. I'll begin from where I remember. I was walking down the side of my house, it looked a bit different, americanised. I saw an Obama picture in the window and heard voices of an American accent. I concluded this would have been my house if this were in America.

I walked around to the back and saw my dad through the window, doing squats for some reason inside. My sunroom (to the right corner of the house) had a door facing the back and all had an overall American design and general house layout. As I opened the door and walked in. It occurred to me I was in a dream.

I remembered in the dream a video I watched a few weeks ago about lucid dreaming and when you realised you were in a dream you could do anything. As soon as that thought floated through my mind I turned around and opened the door.

I then began to fly. I remember taking off like a bird. The ground becoming further and further away. I then soured over trees in sheer exhilaration and viewed in awe the tops of buildings, the wind blowing the leaves in the trees and the best feeling of all. The feeling felt like I was free.

It was short lived though, I don't know how time is measured in dreams, I was conscious I was dreaming and I knew it would end once I woke up. I felt myself drifting out a bit during the lucid dream and tried to get back in, to limited success. I eventually woke up. But I will use this experience and try train myself to stay in longer.

I really hope this opportunity arises again. It is like a whole other world of possibilities I haven't even touched before.


#2    sarah_444

sarah_444

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,809 posts
  • Joined:31 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

  • "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 29 October 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I then began to fly. I remember taking off like a bird. The ground becoming further and further away. I then soured over trees in sheer exhilaration and viewed in awe the tops of buildings, the wind blowing the leaves in the trees and the best feeling of all. The feeling felt like I was free.

Amazing isn't it? Almost indescribable in comparison to experiencing it I bet.  Congrats on your first lucid dream. :)


#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,465 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

I use to dream I could fly and I was always afraid I would fly too high so I would hang onto the tops of power lines or trees.


#4    34th prototype

34th prototype

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined:05 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India

  • I am strong enough to admit that I am weak.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

good luck..

Piieces!!!!!!!

#5    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Postsarah_444, on 29 October 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:



Amazing isn't it? Almost indescribable in comparison to experiencing it I bet.  Congrats on your first lucid dream. :)
Thank you, yes it definitely was. I had a few dreams tonight but only after waking up did I realise damn, I forgot. I tried to go back to sleep and dream again so I could give it another go and had another dream and forgot again. This is hard to get a grasp of. But I am very thankful I got to experience it once. I'd never forget that feeling of freedom.


#6    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostHilander, on 29 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

I use to dream I could fly and I was always afraid I would fly too high so I would hang onto the tops of power lines or trees.

I don't think I even saw any power lines in my dream, just houses, large office buildings and trees. I had no feelings of worry or a single negative reaction from anything.


#7    Kevin K

Kevin K

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Nice, next time when you have one try crossing your hands and fall back on the floor you just might go through it and end up in a black void where you can try to convert it to a obe.


#8    Drums

Drums

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:not sure

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

We Americans do love our squats lol.  Grats on your first lucid dream, they can be really fun.  Don't worry too much on forgeting, you will get more chances, mine usually come in spurts, then go away for a couple months, then come back.


#9    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postkevink, on 30 October 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

Nice, next time when you have one try crossing your hands and fall back on the floor you just might go through it and end up in a black void where you can try to convert it to a obe.
Wow that sounds interesting, will give it a shot next time I have one. A friend of mine said he fell through the floor in a semi lucid dream and woke up.


#10    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostDrums, on 30 October 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

We Americans do love our squats lol.  Grats on your first lucid dream, they can be really fun.  Don't worry too much on forgeting, you will get more chances, mine usually come in spurts, then go away for a couple months, then come back.
Hahah so I've heard. Thank you. Im just hoping this isn't a one off but was pretty close to one this morning. I guess I just have to keep trying. It's amazing how it seems to unlock a different part of the mind you never knew existed.


#11    _Only

_Only

  • Member
  • 6,634 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

  • Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostHilander, on 29 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

I use to dream I could fly and I was always afraid I would fly too high so I would hang onto the tops of power lines or trees.

I've also done that, but usually I use trees to guide me as sometimes I'm kind of floating awkardly instead of guided flight. And it wasn't lucid, or at least nothing like others have described. I just remember doing it in the dream.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#12    tinkerbellekisses

tinkerbellekisses

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Female

  • Check out my fan page and receive free tarot readings at http://www.facebook.com/TinkerbellesTarot
    Love and light
    Tinkerbelle
    Xx

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 29 October 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:


I really hope this opportunity arises again. It is like a whole other world of possibilities I haven't even touched before.
There are lots of tips and tricks to realize you are in a dream.
Here is one that worked for me
When you are awake throughout the day as often as you can ask yourself if you are dreaming. Don't just answer yourself straight away though. Have a look at your surroundings and check you are awake. Look at your hands and count your fingers (usually you won't be able to in your dreams), try and run on the spot ( I find I run very slow in dreams), punch the air a few times ( when I punch in dreams I feel I don't have much force behind me almost like a force is against me).
If you do this a lot when you are awake and get on a habit, you will find that you will do it in your dreams too. Except when you try in your dream you will realize you are not awake.
This is how I have had my lucid dream experiences.

Check out my page and have chances at receiving free readings
http://www.facebook....nkerbellesTarot
Love and light
Tinkerbelle
Xx

#13    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

View Posttinkerbellekisses, on 30 October 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:


There are lots of tips and tricks to realize you are in a dream.
Here is one that worked for me
When you are awake throughout the day as often as you can ask yourself if you are dreaming. Don't just answer yourself straight away though. Have a look at your surroundings and check you are awake. Look at your hands and count your fingers (usually you won't be able to in your dreams), try and run on the spot ( I find I run very slow in dreams), punch the air a few times ( when I punch in dreams I feel I don't have much force behind me almost like a force is against me).
If you do this a lot when you are awake and get on a habit, you will find that you will do it in your dreams too. Except when you try in your dream you will realize you are not awake.
This is how I have had my lucid dream experiences.
That's a great idea, I'll certainly take note of that. This morning after missing the opportunity I felt it completely slipped my mind do I probably can't rely too much on simply remembering. If I had another dream if I went back to sleep I think I could have pulled it off. How long can you remain in your lucid dreams? I know there's no way to measure but do they feel like a long time? I wish I could have hung in there a bit longer.


#14    tinkerbellekisses

tinkerbellekisses

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Female

  • Check out my fan page and receive free tarot readings at http://www.facebook.com/TinkerbellesTarot
    Love and light
    Tinkerbelle
    Xx

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 30 October 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:


That's a great idea, I'll certainly take note of that. This morning after missing the opportunity I felt it completely slipped my mind do I probably can't rely too much on simply remembering. If I had another dream if I went back to sleep I think I could have pulled it off. How long can you remain in your lucid dreams? I know there's no way to measure but do they feel like a long time? I wish I could have hung in there a bit longer.
Yeah sometimes they are longer than others.
At first they were short.
It seemed if I got too excited I would wake myself up lol.
check this link out it has some helpful hints :)
http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream


Edited by tinkerbellekisses, 01 November 2012 - 06:19 AM.

Check out my page and have chances at receiving free readings
http://www.facebook....nkerbellesTarot
Love and light
Tinkerbelle
Xx

#15    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,767 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

View Posttinkerbellekisses, on 01 November 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:


Yeah sometimes they are longer than others.
At first they were short.
It seemed if I got too excited I would wake myself up lol.
check this link out it has some helpful hints :)
http://www.wikihow.com/Lucid-Dream
Great link, thanks :) Im not sure why I woke up, just that I was worried about waking up and only then did I start drifting out. I guess I'll have to experiment.

But by the sound of things if I could get to your level that would be awesome.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users