Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My Experience...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,105 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Not trying to suggest one thing or the other, but there does seem to be a correlation between owls and UFOs. Just remarking on this.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#17    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,714 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

:unsure2:

he won't need a fancy dress costume for halloween will he.... :huh:

#18    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

View Post747400, on 31 October 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

owls? :unsure2:  I did read that dreams of owls are often planted as a sort of 'screen' memory when people have come into contact with extraterrestrials.
Just observing this, not trying to suggest anything one way or the other. :cry:

That's the first thing that came to mind when I read that.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#19    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,644 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Wow funny you meantioned the owl thing. 3 times in my life each in the middle of the night, and each time during a terrible snow storm, Ive looked out the window to see a owl staring back at me. All three times were in different locations, from different houses. The first time I was a child, maybe 10 years old. I kept waking up to look out the window to make sure it was still snowing. I was hoping to get the next day off of school. There it was a massive looking bird. He was perched on a pine tree just outside my window. With the snow falling, the green standing out from the pine tree, the street lamp throwing down light over the whole scene, and of course the owl, I dont think Ive ever seen anything more beautiful in my life. It spun its head 180 degrees to look at me. We just stared at each other for like 3 mins, then he flew away. Anyhow, my mother thinks thats its some kinda spirit watching over me. I dont believe that at all, but it was a amazing thing to see each time it happened. Aside from these 3 times, Ive never seen a owl in the wild.

Sorry for derailing the thread, but you sparked a pretty cool memory that I havent thought about in years.

Edited by preacherman76, 31 October 2012 - 04:10 PM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#20    JoeyLuisLeel

JoeyLuisLeel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hmmm Aliens and Owls....somehow being connected to abduction and what not. Sounds fantastic to me really. So does the abduction theory and the whole alien thing. I would need definitive proof of anything or at least a little to start believing. Even though I do keep an open mind to it. But speaking on the owl issue....that is strange. I have always had a fear of owls. when I was little I had a dream once that I was in a 'high' place surrounded in clouds it was real bright but everywhere you walked was like walking on clouds. And i remember these people with white clothing that were my height (cuz I was like 5) walking me to this like thrown things and this huge entity was sitting in it and when they brought me up to it I saw it was a large White Owl just staring back. Anyways sorry for that story it was way off subject. Point is though that I saw something and I am open to those possibilities. Not that it might b alien but not sure....I'm a skeptic *******.

Edited by joeyluislopez, 31 October 2012 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

#21    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Screen Memories or Stealth Encounters are false memories recreated by one's mind to help understand something or overcome fear. What one remembers is not real. This is not be confused with Psychosis.
In alien abduction encounters Screen Memories refer to the images of aliens replaced by something familiar or perhaps friendly. Things remember generally include:
  • Animals: Owls (large dark eye grays), the cat family, wolves, rabbits (missing time), dogs and deer.
  • Clowns, Circus and Carnie Symbology are also part of the experience which case those involved to be fearful of these people are experiences at a future date. Clowns go to the Trickster.
  • People who rescue: irefighters, policemen, utility people, or someone in the military. Reports of police and military in accounts also emerge, as if some authority from within the person or outside the person is acting as a psychological check or control on the experiencer. Some may interpret the presence of military personnel as indicating an actual military aspect or intervention or deliberate involvement and collaboration in the stealth encounter. Firefighters indicate a possible emergency response to douse the psychological shock of a stealth encounter on the mind and/or body of an experiencer.
http://www.crystalin...enmemories.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#22    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

This is interesting I wonder why OWLS though?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#23    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

The eyes, man...the eyes...

#24    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 31 October 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

The eyes, man...the eyes...
It makes sense I guess, but if its just about the eyes you would think there would be a better animal that could match up with that. Then again maybe not

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 31 October 2012 - 06:26 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#25    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

I'm sure it has to do with them also looking quite hypnotic.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Deer eyes can look large and black:

Posted Image

#26    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

View Post747400, on 31 October 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Not trying to suggest one thing or the other, but there does seem to be a correlation between owls and UFOs. Just remarking on this.

Interesting; can you add to that please?

Posted Image

#27    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,714 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for your owl stories Preacherman and Joey....I enjoyed them...

I don't think they were off topic at all as owls were mentioned in the OP

:tu:

#28    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,105 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postzoser, on 31 October 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Interesting; can you add to that please?
Well, as posted by Sweetpumper above, explains the theory quite well. It's just a theory that I've heard mentioned, not saying necessarily whether I agree with it or not.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#29    JoeyLuisLeel

JoeyLuisLeel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Here's something I just bumped into its interesting  http://forum.bodybui...24303561&page=1

Edited by joeyluislopez, 31 October 2012 - 08:53 PM.

Posted Image

#30    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,714 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

View Postjoeyluislopez, on 31 October 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Here's something I just bumped into its interesting  http://forum.bodybui...24303561&page=1

the link doesn't work.... :hmm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users