Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Watching a horror film burns 200 calories


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostBling, on 03 November 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

I know it's only a 12 certificate but The Woman in Black is very eerie. Are you into scary or extreme?

I'm in to extremely scary.


#32    K_Bonita

K_Bonita

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Joined:23 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

  • For every dark night,there's a brighter day.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 03 November 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

Me too, love them but there hasn't been any really good ones out in awhile... :(

any recommendations?

Not any new one's that I know about,last one I watched was Sinister..not bad but not scary. I watched 28 days later,last week I love that movie!.

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ”

#33    Insaniac

Insaniac

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Here are some recommendations. Most of them are old, so sorry about that.

An American Werewolf in London
An American Werewolf in Paris
Ginger Snaps
Sinister
Blair Witch Project
The Exorcist
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Hellraiser Series
Martyrs
Devil
The Devil Inside (think thats it's name)
Mean Creek
Cabin Fever
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (or series)
The Amityville Horror
Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Freddy vs Jason
Lamberto Bava - Demon's
Candyman
Psycho
The Return of the Living Dead Series
Ringu (The Ring)
Cat People
Skeleton Key
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead (remakes probably the best)
Dawn of the Dead (remakes best)
The Grudge
Zombie Creeping Flesh
The Last Exorcism
Saw
Final Destination
The Entity
Omen
Insidious
Dark Water
Audition
One Missed Call
A Tale of Two Sisters
May
How To Make A Monster
Nosferatu
The Descent
Paranormal Activity
Haunting in Connecticut
The Eye
Zombie Flesh Eater's
REC
The Shining
Carnival of Souls
Scream
White Noise
The Thing
The Fly
Poltergeist
IT
Rosemary's Baby
Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal Lecter
Alien movies
Predator movies
Signs
Jaws
28 Days/Weeks Later

Sorry for that long list. I don't know much horror other than the most common.

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#34    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostBling, on 03 November 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:



I know it's only a 12 certificate but The Woman in Black is very eerie. Are you into scary or extreme?

I saw that, it was pretty scary!  

I like the truly scary, not just gory.  I guess the kind that gets under ones skin, platys on our innate fears!   LoL
Thanks!

Edited by Lava_Lady, 04 November 2012 - 08:19 PM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#35    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostK_Bonita, on 04 November 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:



Not any new one's that I know about,last one I watched was Sinister..not bad but not scary. I watched 28 days later,last week I love that movie!.

I haven't seen that one yet, I'll probably have to wait till it comes out on DVD.  I did see Insidious by the same director, really enjoyed that.
Thanks!

Edited by Lava_Lady, 04 November 2012 - 08:20 PM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#36    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 04 November 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Here are some recommendations. Most of them are old, so sorry about that.

An American Werewolf in London
An American Werewolf in Paris
Ginger Snaps
Sinister
Blair Witch Project
The Exorcist
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Hellraiser Series
Martyrs
Devil
The Devil Inside (think thats it's name)
Mean Creek
Cabin Fever
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (or series)
The Amityville Horror
Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Freddy vs Jason
Lamberto Bava - Demon's
Candyman
Psycho
The Return of the Living Dead Series
Ringu (The Ring)
Cat People
Skeleton Key
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead (remakes probably the best)
Dawn of the Dead (remakes best)
The Grudge
Zombie Creeping Flesh
The Last Exorcism
Saw
Final Destination
The Entity
Omen
Insidious
Dark Water
Audition
One Missed Call
A Tale of Two Sisters
May
How To Make A Monster
Nosferatu
The Descent
Paranormal Activity
Haunting in Connecticut
The Eye
Zombie Flesh Eater's
REC
The Shining
Carnival of Souls
Scream
White Noise
The Thing
The Fly
Poltergeist
IT
Rosemary's Baby
Silence of the Lambs
Hannibal Lecter
Alien movies
Predator movies
Signs
Jaws
28 Days/Weeks Later

Sorry for that long list. I don't know much horror other than the most common.

Ahh... you've got some real classics listed.  I've seen most of them but there's a few I will google.

Thanks!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#37    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,304 posts
  • Joined:15 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

So how many calories does watching a porno movie burn?


#38    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 06 November 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

So how many calories does watching a porno movie burn?


Millions.....allegedly


#39    Gravitorbox

Gravitorbox

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Joined:22 Oct 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United States

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

I should re-install Silent Hill 3 on my new computer, it seems.

"Everything we did was criticized. For about thirty years we lived with the world against us, accusing us of things we didn't do!"

    - Ian Douglas Smith

#40    Catz

Catz

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined:17 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:South Africa

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 03 November 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

Me too, love them but there hasn't been any really good ones out in awhile... :(

any recommendations?
I watched Insidious last night.  I thought it was very scary. Glad I was not watching it alone! It's about this young boy who is astral projecting while he's dreaming.  His soul gets trapped and a demon tries to enter his body.

:tsu:

#41    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostCatz, on 08 November 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:


I watched Insidious last night.  I thought it was very scary. Glad I was not watching it alone! It's about this young boy who is astral projecting while he's dreaming.  His soul gets trapped and a demon tries to enter his body.

Hehe... That is a good one, saw it in the theater and every one was screaming!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#42    coldethyl

coldethyl

    ~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

  • Member
  • 16,331 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:~*★*~Under Your Eyelid~*★*~

  • ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I love the Tiny Tim music in Insidious.


#43    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

    Official UM Asylum Resident

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Hawai'i

  • Wha? /:0\

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 09 November 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

I love the Tiny Tim music in Insidious.

It totally added to the creepy factor!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald


#44    leupgaru

leupgaru

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined:13 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:australia

  • werewolf incognito

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

this is full of bull. i always fart when i watch horror movie, cause they are so funny. why do people get scared of horror movie, i don't get it !


#45    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Greece

  • Dang!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Err, sorry, i have to go!! i have a job to do in my neighborhood's video club!!!  :lol:

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users