Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

video showing UFO 200miles in space using IR

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    uprize

uprize

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Interesting video which shows a number of craft visible through IR equipment estimated about 200miles out.

What are everyones thoughts?

#2    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

There here.

Posted Image

#3    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

sign me up .. shooting ET ...

#4    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,978 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

The Karman Line is about 100K, and this is another 100 K beyond that. The Karman line is were aerodynamic lift becomes unachievable. Traces of our atmosphere can reach 800 KM's away, but the ISS sits at only 400 Kms up. Only he says.

The Hubble and satellites sit at about 380 KM's. So whilst I cannot see the Youtube Vid posted, I can tell you that if something it 200 Kms up, it will be coming back down again sometime soon. 200 Ks and under means rapid decay of orbit. It is not really space but LEO.

Could I trouble someone to tell me what it is we are looking at?

ETA oops, just noticed you were talking miles. Bah, imperial measurements!

That puts you around the ISS height then. Cannot be bothered with all the other conversions.

Edited by psyche101, 30 October 2012 - 09:11 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#5    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

View Postuprize, on 30 October 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Interesting video which shows a number of craft visible through IR equipment estimated about 200miles out.

What are everyones thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is just about the lamest video I have ever seen.  Phew....

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#6    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

not accordinding  to seti,
http://www.seti.org/...aceships-untrue

#7    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 October 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

The Karman Line is about 100K, and this is another 100 K beyond that. The Karman line is were aerodynamic lift becomes unachievable. Traces of our atmosphere can reach 800 KM's away, but the ISS sits at only 400 Kms up. Only he says.

The Hubble and satellites sit at about 380 KM's. So whilst I cannot see the Youtube Vid posted, I can tell you that if something it 200 Kms up, it will be coming back down again sometime soon. 200 Ks and under means rapid decay of orbit. It is not really space but LEO.

Could I trouble someone to tell me what it is we are looking at?

ETA oops, just noticed you were talking miles. Bah, imperial measurements!

That puts you around the ISS height then. Cannot be bothered with all the other conversions.

More text book references to absolutely no end.  Thanks for the science lesson.  :whistle:

Now what about the UFO's?

Edited by zoser, 30 October 2012 - 11:17 AM.

Posted Image

#8    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

To learn more about this, I began watching this doc.  I haven't finished it yet so I have no conclusion at this time.

Posted Image

#9    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Steve Kates a noted astronomer (aka 'Dr Sky') takes a look at the footage.  This can be seen at 2:40 on the following clip.

Posted Image

#10    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

View Postjoc, on 30 October 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

My thoughts are that this is just about the lamest video I have ever seen.  Phew....

I couldn't agree more...  It is amazing to me that this many people went out there and were convinced that they were actually seeing space craft.  Mind boggling.

Is it just me or did the "delta" look like a flock of birds?

Downright painful to observe so much stupid packed into one little video.

#11    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 30 October 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

I couldn't agree more...  It is amazing to me that this many people went out there and were convinced that they were actually seeing space craft.  Mind boggling.

Is it just me or did the "delta" look like a flock of birds?

Downright painful to observe so much stupid packed into one little video.
I've looked thru IR viewers and I can personally say this is exactly what you can see!

....but don't get excited yet.
They are not ET's
They are birds, bats, and insects.
IR picks up thermal heat.
The nifty triangular formation is a triad of satellites...yes they orbit in a triangular formation.  Just google it.
...the delta is probably birds

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#12    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 31 October 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I've looked thru IR viewers and I can personally say this is exactly what you can see!

....but don't get excited yet.
They are not ET's
They are birds, bats, and insects.
IR picks up thermal heat.
The nifty triangular formation is a triad of satellites...yes they orbit in a triangular formation.  Just google it.
...the delta is probably birds

Yes Synch, glad to see you're familiar with such things, though I must admit that at this point I'm not surprised.  Your depth of knowledge on the general subject is downright commendable.  :tu:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were some kind of debunker incognito...  ;)   :ph34r:   :lol:

#13    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 31 October 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

Yes Synch, glad to see you're familiar with such things, though I must admit that at this point I'm not surprised.  Your depth of knowledge on the general subject is downright commendable.  :tu:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were some kind of debunker incognito...  ;)   :ph34r:   :lol:
Thankyou.
I carry my knowledge humbly and do my part to dispell the tinfoil hat stereotype.  I don't hold myself out as an expert, because their ain't no such animal in this field.
As far as being a debunker incognito...I suppose that's true.
I take a personal dislike to those that profess to have great knowledge and make money off gullible folks (I don't mean that to be derrogatory) that want so desperately to know we are not alone in this big Universe.
Based on probabilities, it is staggeringly unlikely that we are alone and sorry to say it but...
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
...and you're sure as hell not going to find it with IR viewers from an army surplus store.

Edited by synchronomy, 31 October 2012 - 02:29 AM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#14    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 31 October 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

Thankyou.
I carry my knowledge humbly and do my part to dispell the tinfoil hat stereotype.  I don't hold myself out as an expert, because their ain't no such animal in this field.
As far as being a debunker incognito...I suppose that's true.
I take a personal dislike to those that profess to have great knowledge and make money off gullible folks (I don't mean that to be derrogatory) that want so desperately to know we are not alone in this big Universe.
Based on probabilities, it is staggeringly unlikely that we are alone and sorry to say it but...
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
...and you're sure as hell not going to find it with IR viewers from an army surplus store.

Agreed on all points.  I have a similar disdain for what I've come to call the ETH Propaganda Machine.  And it is always welcome to see someone that is convinced about visitation who isn't afflicted with SkeptiphobiaTM. :tu:

Cheers synch, very glad to have you here. :)

#15    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

NASA will tell you,,,, anything moving up there is ice crystals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users