Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

video showing UFO 200miles in space using IR

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 31 October 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

NASA will tell you,,,, anything moving up there is ice crystals.

And more often than not, they would be right when doing so because they would be referring to footage taken while in orbit.  Ice crystals and other particulates which are out of focus.  These IR videos shot from the ground however have nothing to do with that, but that doesn't mean they don't likewise have an equally prosaic explanation.

#17    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

View Postzoser, on 30 October 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

More text book references to absolutely no end.  Thanks for the science lesson.  :whistle:

Now what about the UFO's?

No end? Do you know what an orbit is? Have a think about what we have in that height range. What could it possible be??? I dunno. About a billion things that we have dumped up there.

Here is something else for you to chew on. What height does an orbit become unstable? Hrrmmmz? Would the UFO's in question be in an orbit or would they have to be under their own power?

Your blinkered view is less than impressive, but not nearly as unimpressive as your condescending manner. Which amusingly tend to backfire on you a heck of a lot.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#18    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 31 October 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I've looked thru IR viewers and I can personally say this is exactly what you can see!

....but don't get excited yet.
They are not ET's
They are birds, bats, and insects.
IR picks up thermal heat.
The nifty triangular formation is a triad of satellites...yes they orbit in a triangular formation.  Just google it.
...the delta is probably birds

That's probably what your seeing.  Not what they are seeing.  See 2:40 in the above clip.  Perhaps again we need to give other human beings a little credit eh?  After all they have been looking into this phenomena for years.  You haven't.

Coming along with a snap judgement is only going to convince the skeptics and non else.  

For your hypotheses to be convincing to need to take a clip and go though it to see what they were seeing.  Yes?

Posted Image

#19    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

View Postzoser, on 31 October 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

That's probably what your seeing.  Not what they are seeing.  See 2:40 in the above clip.  Perhaps again we need to give other human beings a little credit eh?  After all they have been looking into this phenomena for years.  You haven't.

Coming along with a snap judgement is only going to convince the skeptics and non else.  

For your hypotheses to be convincing to need to take a clip and go though it to see what they were seeing.  Yes?
At 2:40 I see something that could very well be the ISS.
I don't see them using a standard technique of checking their laptop for current satellite flyby's.
How do you know I have not been looking at this phenomena for years?  For the record, it has been my passion since 14 years old.  I am now 49.  You do the math.
Snap judgement?  No.
Heard plenty about this fella before.
For my hypothesis to be convincing?  You have it backwards.  It's their hypothesis that they are viewing ET craft "patrolling" our skies.  Seems the onus is on them.  Their "proof" consist of objects in the sky and their own statements of what they are.
It's "speculative conjecture stated as fact"
There is absolutely nothing scientific being done here.  Their claims are completely unfounded.
If IR showed the phenomena so easily, the hypothesis would have been proven long ago beyond any shadow of doubt.

I understand and respect your enthusiasm for the ETH, but you must always demand proof.  Hard evidence.
You have to realize that MOST of the claims made regarding ET evidence are faked or mistaken.  Unfortunately, that is the most prevalent fact about the ETH.
That being said, I remain on record as a believer.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#20    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 31 October 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

At 2:40 I see something that could very well be the ISS.

How about listening to the expert commentary just for once eh?  If it was as easy as that Steve kates (Dr Sky) would have picked up being an expert on astronomy would't you think?  Come on, the emperor needs to put some real clothes on.

If we could just for once resist jumping to snap early conclusions and give other people more credit I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Posted Image

#21    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 31 October 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

That being said, I remain on record as a believer.

I know and appreciate that your hearts in the right place.  That's ok.  You do tend to jump to snap conclusions without really listening to expert analysis sometimes.

I'm guilty too and perhaps we all need to learn this.  So it's not a rebuke.  Just an observation.

Posted Image

#22    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postzoser, on 31 October 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

How about listening to the expert commentary just for once eh?  If it was as easy as that Steve kates (Dr Sky) would have picked up being an expert on astronomy would't you think?  Come on, the emperor needs to put some real clothes on.

If we could just for once resist jumping to snap early conclusions and give other people more credit I would be very grateful.

Thanks
I am not the emperor.  Scientific investigation is.
If you don't like my evaluation of it, then dismiss it.
Notice at the start of the video, something prominently displayed which is for sale?
The statements at the start of the video regarding the discoveries of McKinnon are embellished speculation.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#23    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Postzoser, on 31 October 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

Thanks

Perhaps you should have listened to everything Steve Kates had to say.  He did indicate that the lights in question were of potential interest, but he also stated that if he had more information available he might be able to identify what it was.  I agree with Synch in that it most likely is the ISS, but without more details like those discussed by Steve Kates we may never be able to confirm.

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

View Postzoser, on 31 October 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

You do tend to jump to snap conclusions without really listening to expert analysis sometimes.

I beg your pardon??

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#25    uprize

uprize

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate all your feedback so far.
However I am still not conviced that all (or even most) of these are space junk or satelites

#26    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

You can tell the video is a hoax with the opening dialogue.  It claims Gary McKinnon found evidence of an off world space fleet.  That alone is a lie.  He hacked in with a slow dial up modem, and was disconnected before he could find anything.  I'll let this set the tone for the whole video.. and that tone is pure sensationalism BS...  I feel sorry for those who gobble this stuff up.

#27    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Im totally open to the possibility of ET life but until I can see an alien with my own two eyes, then I'm afraid I'm always going to be sceptical ..I wonder if he got any orders for his 'NEW GLASSES' ;P

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

#28    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostCpl599, on 07 November 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

You can tell the video is a hoax with the opening dialogue.  It claims Gary McKinnon found evidence of an off world space fleet.  That alone is a lie.  

Not that easy for a person with Aspergers syndrome.  Please check it out.

Posted Image

#29    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

That's not true at all.  There are people with Asperger who are pathological liars, and do so to fit in with their surroundings, which makes PERFECT sense in this situation.  He lied to fit in and garner attention with the whole UFO community he liked so much.

#30    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

View Postzoser, on 07 November 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Why should anyone check it out? I followed that Wiki entry  with a paper on Aspergers that indicates one is just as likely to develop criminal tendencies. You did not have the courtesy to check that out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users