Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Suppressed knowledge

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,596 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

View Postthe L, on 02 November 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

80 000 years...And when humans came in America?
No one knows for sure, and no one in the profession is making any claims to knowing the answer to that question.

The point being that the Hueyatlaco site has yet to be reliably dated even to this day.  This means that you can't go by the findings there.  Regardless of what you want it to mean.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#17    Harte

Harte

• 8,596 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

View Postthe L, on 02 November 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Btw Virginia Steen MacIntyre claimed that site was 250 000 BC. And woman loose her job and start selling flowers. She became outcast.

Edit: @all

And house is build on top of site.

The site is still there.  And Steen-MacIntyre is still working today in the profession.  What you've read is simply crap.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#18    pbarosso

pbarosso

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

yeah, there is no cover up because it makes no sense. if there is a coverup archaeologically then there would be in other sciences too, like physics and fission. there is no reason to cover up pstuff because researchers make money to come up with correct and peer reviewed discoveries.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#19    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,155 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

"Suppressed Knowledge", I suppose, has been an aspect of civilization from times past to current.

Edited by pallidin, 03 November 2012 - 04:14 AM.

#20    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

View Postthe L, on 02 November 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Wait a minute. You saw skull in museum that dates from 100 000 BC from Peru?

Yes. And not just some skull, but a skull with very protruding eyebrows.

But yeah, like I said I was in doubt whether I had read 100,000 or 10,000. I remember 100,000, but because that seems kind of unlikely, I started doubting what the right number was.

Well, if anyone ever visits Peru (Arequipa), they can check for themselves.

This is how the skulll looked:

Posted Image

I should add that the photo above is not the actual skull I saw. I had made several pics of objects inside the little museum, but I failed to make a shot of the sideways (halfway between 'en face' and 'en profil') flattened fossilized skull because it was too dark for my cheap camera. I was also not able to use flash because the skull with the Xeroxed newspaper article was inside a glass showcase and the flashlight got reflected.

Edited by Abramelin, 03 November 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#21    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

http://beforeitsnews...tSplittedPage=0

@Harte
Maybe now she works again. But she become outcast. Who know myabe she sells herself.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#22    Karyotype

Karyotype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

• No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

I guess studying suppressed knowledge is dangerous for your professional aspirations.  Virginia Steen MacIntyre lost her job and is now a hooker? Sounds to be a tough profession!

"Democracy is two wolves deciding what to eat for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Thomas Jefferson-

#23    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostKaryotype, on 04 November 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

I guess studying suppressed knowledge is dangerous for your professional aspirations.  Virginia Steen MacIntyre lost her job and is now a hooker? Sounds to be a tough profession!

Today, all that is gone. My last job was as a gardener, caring for flower-beds in a local nursing home a few hours a week.

http://www.s8int.com...ng-science.html

#24    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

The only real basis I see people arguing about in this thread is basically if there isn't a pyramid or some monolithic structure it never happened, whats to say inca/ect. preacessors couldn't possibly do the same thing they did in what we know of recorded history that being making tents from carcasses and living from the land because they never left anything or built mass structures for future newer worlds of society to see, maybe they were busy I don't know like building a civilization and thought they wouldn't need to document because they either didn't have means to do so or they thought their civ would survive forever and at that point didnt see reason to do so, like kingdoms thought and still think similar to this today only we hectically organise and document absolutely everything in the fear that we will parish like the rest of the "lost documents". Maybe it's one of our species biggest lesson learnt over millenea to document everything so we don't become lost like us before. Furthermore whats to say the ocean level was exactly the same and not a mile lower/higher or anything really and they could be just burried under shallow ocean something we don't really excavate enough.

My main point being there isn't enough to just discard it instamatically and tbh there's not enough to start wetting your pants of the possibility that you can dig up your backyard and find a town if you go deep enough. This will more than likely be in my "quite possibly pile" till the end of time because the modern world is too arrogant to admit a fatal mistake if there ever is to be one on this scale proven... sad but true.

Edited by chopmo, 23 November 2012 - 10:26 AM.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#25    Harte

Harte

• 8,596 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 04 November 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

Today, all that is gone. My last job was as a gardener, caring for flower-beds in a local nursing home a few hours a week.

http://www.s8int.com...ng-science.html

The incident that supposedly ruined her life happened in 1973-74.

Here's a paper she presented to the Geological Society of America in 2008:
Link to site where you can open the pdf.

Didn't know the GSA invited flower vendors to present at their conferences.

Harte

#26    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostHarte, on 24 November 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

The incident that supposedly ruined her life happened in 1973-74.

Here's a paper she presented to the Geological Society of America in 2008:
Link to site where you can open the pdf.

Didn't know the GSA invited flower vendors to present at their conferences.

Harte

You can write a paper even when your daily job is sweeping streets.

Having no 'grand job' doesn't mean you've turned into an idiot.

#27    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

View Postchopmo, on 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

<snip.

Furthermore whats to say the ocean level was exactly the same and not a mile lower/higher
<snip>

We know the sea levels in ancient times weren't the same as they are now, but a MILE difference??

#28    Harte

Harte

• 8,596 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 24 November 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

You can write a paper even when your daily job is sweeping streets.

Having no 'grand job' doesn't mean you've turned into an idiot.
No doubt.

Usually, however, you don't present it at a conference.

Not saying she didn't sell flowers.  I am saying that if her life was "ruined," then she was the party responsible for it and no one else.

Obviously, she eventually got back in the game either way.  You can find other conferences where she has presented over the years.

How much do you think a geologist makes, on average, that works in academia or for the USGS?  Probably about the same as a flower vendor.

Harte

#29    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,266 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 24 November 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

We know the sea levels in ancient times weren't the same as they are now, but a MILE difference??

I'm thinking 400 feet lower at its greatest extent (Last Glacial Maximum) is just 'a bit' less than a mile, don't you Abe?  :lol:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users