Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Precognition and how to deal with it?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    samara518

samara518

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'm 21 and I've been having precognitive dreams since I was a young teenager. For the most part these dreams are natural disasters. I had a dream a week before Katrina hit where me and my aunt were in a hotel and a siren went off and a huge wave of water came and flooded the hotel and we had to run up the stairs and stay on the roof. The dream is still a very vivid memory and it still haunts me. I've also had dreams about the Tsunami in Japan and Indonesia, the tornado in Joplin M.O. as well as other places the most recent being last week when a tornado hit a town close to us, as well as many other events that I wont waste your time mentioning. I live in PA and we just experienced Hurricane Sandy. There is a dam about 5 miles away and they were evacuating people because the dam might break. I have been in a panic since last night because of my past dreams and how real they were. Even though I never physically lived through the things I've had dreams about it seems like I have lived through them in my mind and I am constantly reminded of them whenever something like a tornado warning, or in this case evacuations are being made because of a dam that may break. I am driving my family crazy because of being in such a state of panic. Could someone help me or give me advice? Thanks

#2    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postsamara518, on 30 October 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

I am driving my family crazy because of being in such a state of panic. Could someone help me or give me advice? Thanks

Try not to panic, try to stay calm..... It may be easier said than done, but has to be done (in my opinion)

If You do panic, it will not make the situation/dream's etc any better, it may actually make it worse, and could possibly start affecting Your health...

Posted Image

#3    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I'm 21 and I've been having precognitive dreams since I was a young teenager. For the most part these dreams are natural disasters. I had a dream a week before Katrina hit where me and my aunt were in a hotel and a siren went off and a huge wave of water came and flooded the hotel and we had to run up the stairs and stay on the roof. The dream is still a very vivid memory and it still haunts me. I've also had dreams about the Tsunami in Japan and Indonesia, the tornado in Joplin M.O. as well as other places the most recent being last week when a tornado hit a town close to us, as well as many other events that I wont waste your time mentioning. I live in PA and we just experienced Hurricane Sandy. There is a dam about 5 miles away and they were evacuating people because the dam might break. I have been in a panic since last night because of my past dreams and how real they were. Even though I never physically lived through the things I've had dreams about it seems like I have lived through them in my mind and I am constantly reminded of them whenever something like a tornado warning, or in this case evacuations are being made because of a dam that may break. I am driving my family crazy because of being in such a state of panic. Could someone help me or give me advice? Thanks

I have experienced this myself and it is not easy. I even feel guilt over some of them, because in my heart I always feel like if i know something ahead of time doesn't it mean I should've helped by warning, or preventing it somehow...?? which my brain knows is irrational...but it still...goes there.  I don't know why some of us have precognition, or if all of us are equipped for it or why it even happens, but I know it is unsettling..........I do think science one day will have some answers. I am also an atheist, so I catch some grief on that angle, I have also had some unsettling paranormal experiences, and even though I don't believe in a God many point their finger and claim I DO too because of encountering 'spirits'.....but energy is energy and doesn't have to be a 'demon' or an 'angel' or whatever IMO...so I understand the frustration of experiencing something that one we don't understand ourselves and secondly that others don't understand or even belief in.......hang in there, though, you aren't weird or odd or crazy, you just have an ability that isn't really understood.

Definitely practice deep breathing and maybe yoga and some form of exercise would help? and keep posting on here. There are some pretty cool folks on here who actually understand more things than most folks I meet in the 'real' world...lol

#4    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

first of all, realize it is not you who is creating these disasters so try to relax.
secondly, i suggest you keep a dream journal by your bed and record everything you can remember about your dreams the moment you awake, even if it's in the middle of the night. also, note the time and date of each entry.
i think this will help you deal with it without feeling out of sorts or out of control of the situation.

there was a guy who drove off the highway and across my property, smashing into my tree, then my car, and then my house before he landed back on the ground the other direction in my back yard - the entire driver's side of the roof was caved in to the floor of the car.
when i went out to see if i could get him out of the car, i noticed his head split open from eyebrows back and his arm was severed almost off by the windshield, which has folded inward when the roof collapsed. it was the most horrific thing i had ever witnessed and it haunted me for a very long time, even though the guy miraculously survived.
finally after being freaked out every time i saw a car accident it was suggested to me that i keep a journal about it, and so i did. it helped me get it out of my head in a way i could rationalize and analyse.

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

The problem with warning someone is that sometimes you don't see the whole picture.  Still I have felt guilty for not warning others especially when its one of those that has great detail.  I do this when I'm awake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users