Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

I am a ex-human race I belong to no label at

what labels do you wear?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 31 October 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Agreed. Tried to message you. Didn't work. I was just thinking about the OP's state of mind. You know?

Inbox doesn't have any messages, so don't know why you'd have any problem. That aside, if the OP really has a problem with labels then that would also include his personal name as well as family relationships since they are also labels. He can deny them all he wants, but that won't make them go away. Short of ceasing to exist (and perhaps not even then) he's pretty much stuck with one label or the other whether he likes it or not. It's inescapable.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#17    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,645 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 31 October 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

That's the only way the OP is going to be an ex-human. This is nothing more than a chance to whine about labels, most of which aren't meant to be positive or negative anyway.

cormac
No. ex can mean outside of not deceased eg exo skeleton exterior

Ex- | Define Ex- at Dictionary.com

" style=

dictionary.reference.com/browse/ex-Cached - SimilarShare
Shared on Google+. View the post.
You +1'd this publicly. Undoex-1. —prefix. 1. out of; outside of; from: exclosure; exurbia. 2. former: ex-wife. [ from Latin, from ex (prep), identical in meaning and origin with Greek ex, ek; see ...

Thus roy can mean he has placed himself outside the  group "human" and is refusing to be labeled defined or limited as such.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#18    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

As you've shown, it also means "former". The OP didn't become a "former" human all of a sudden. And it doesn't matter what he labels himself as, as he will have a label of one kind or another throughout his life and well as after death as long as he's remembered.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#19    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

I am more than they think and less than they think otherwise I am not even nothing and not even more than something I am nothing at all.

There is  I Am.  That is all.  Anything...ANYTHING...that follows I Am is Ego.  That is all.
I Am + anything = Ego

The truth is...we all wear definitions...we all have Ego...we are all defined by something.   To the extent that we can understand that the true nature of Humanity is to Just Be....the closer we come to Joy and Happiness. But seeking to become undefinable...defines you as one who seeks to become undefinable.

All you really need to do is love yourself.   Then that love will overflow into the rest of Humanity.  It really is just that simple.

Edited by joc, 31 October 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#20    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

I hereby label you as Unlabeled. :yes:

#21    Roy Perry

Roy Perry

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

God first

thanks everybody

thank you all for loving reply

it took heart to be honest with me

with love and a holy kiss Roy

#22    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

• Why was Jesus' tomb empty?

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostBeany, on 31 October 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

I'm sure people label me, based on their own biases & perspectives, but it really has nothing to do with who I am. I just need to be careful not to do any labeling myself; it's easy to do as all of my biases & prejudices want to kick in take the shortcut.
Well said, Beany. It is hard to rise above them at times, however, especially when you're in a romantic love or relationship complications.

"Also, if they (Gospels) were written early (before 70 AD), this would mean that there would not have been enough time for myth to creep into the gospel accounts since it was the eyewitnesses to Christ's life that wrote them."

#23    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

I am terrified of heights, but I would risk it to try and help you..

If I were one  of those few Christians that think  prayer is the only way...I would most likely sit at the edge of the cliff and pray that god would pull you up to safety  OR catch you when you fall ....lol

I kid on the last part :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 November 2012 - 10:04 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users