Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Capturing the best EVP's

ghost hunting solid evidence

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Young Medium

Young Medium

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• if you dont believe in miracles or ghosts or aliens or anyother unexplained mysteries then you dont have a life

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

hi guys,  i am a medium so i know what its like to see and speak to ghosts. but ive always been really keen on proving it to others. i have recently bought an Olympus WS-110 digital voice recoreder and think capturing EVP's is the next step for our investigations with my team... just theres that many settings.. whats the best for capturing an EVP?

#2    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostYoung Medium, on 30 October 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

hi guys,  i am a medium so i know what its like to see and speak to ghosts. but ive always been really keen on proving it to others. i have recently bought an Olympus WS-110 digital voice recoreder and think capturing EVP's is the next step for our investigations with my team... just theres that many settings.. whats the best for capturing an EVP?

I've noticed that the best EVPs are always the ones where you make sure to insert them in a video so that you can sync captions up with them, otherwise they don't sound like anything at all....  Cheers!

#3    AshenPhoenix

AshenPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostYoung Medium, on 30 October 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

I've tried capturing EVP's too but have a hard time distinguishing if anything's being said.  I don't have the professional filters that the paranormal enthusists have.

Hoping someone experienced with this sort of thing posts.  I'd like to know more about this too.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,995 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I've seen a ghost too.

Good luck on getting something.

#5    Young Medium

Young Medium

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• if you dont believe in miracles or ghosts or aliens or anyother unexplained mysteries then you dont have a life

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

thing is i have been on numerous investigtions.. i am going on one tommorow actually. i have video evidence of EMF meters going off unexplained, ive captured loud deep breaths unexplained, pictures etc. ive had info given by my spirit gude which has been 100% accurate and scared myself doing so but ive always wanted to hear them actually speaking, now i have purchaced a DVR i dont know how to use it the best way possible...

#6    Young Medium

Young Medium

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

My only goal is to capture the best evidence i can and let other people decide if they want to belive it or not... also to try explain to people what they think they may be experiencing

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,229 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

I find you need to ensure that there's something that can cause fluctuations in the static nearby, but safely out of shot when you record it for TV.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#8    Young Medium

Young Medium

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postbones101proof, on 30 October 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

I would say the least sensitive setting possible, otherwise you might catch too much background noise

In the manual i have these options:
Recording Modes:
HQ- High Quality
SP- Standard recording
LP- Long term, low quality

Mic Sensitivity:
hi or low

Voice actuator

low cut filter:
on or off

so whats what? and also does the playback speed make a difference?

#9    Young Medium

Young Medium

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 31 October 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

I find you need to ensure that there's something that can cause fluctuations in the static nearby, but safely out of shot when you record it for TV.

being in the middle of a supposed haunted forest with sceptic on hand and a equipment engineer both could neither explain it... but like i said, im not trying to persuade im trying to prove...

#10    Spky777

Spky777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Never understood evps.  When I was in the active house, we heard all types of noises, but at that time were too scared to record them.  I think whatever is making noises will make them so you can hear them, because they want you to hear them to scare you.  In the investigation or experience people hear nothing but yet replay the recording medium and they hear something.  Maybe its interference radio, microwave, earth resonation...?
This is my opinion and I've never been to a ghost investigation and only speak through experience.

Edited by Spky777, 31 October 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#11    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostYoung Medium, on 31 October 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

In the manual i have these options:
Recording Modes:
HQ- High Quality
SP- Standard recording
LP- Long term, low quality

Mic Sensitivity:
hi or low

Voice actuator

low cut filter:
on or off

so whats what? and also does the playback speed make a difference?

I don't know about all that, but I know for taking and fine-tuning audio, a good audio editing program is worth as much as the recorder itself. Audacity is a decent free one, but I haven't really dived into its features. It does seem to have a good array of them. If there's some kind of editing that can possibly be done to a recording, that program can likely do it. I do know it's got a good audio recording volume raiser. That, mixed with a background noise cleaner (which it also has) might work nicely for what you're trying to do.

Good luck trying to look for proof. That's admirable and sounds like a lot of fun. And feel free to take the naysaying sarcastic replies with the same size grain of salt they take your thread with. It's only fair.

Edited by _Only, 31 October 2012 - 03:00 AM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#12    Young Medium

Young Medium

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I will add the evidence to my profile on hear when i get it for those of you who are interested :D thanks for your posts guys

#13    clockdryve

clockdryve

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Use the LP setting (long play), that way it picks up all the internal "circuit" noise of the recorder...

This is claimed to be used by the spirit for their voice (white noise)....

You want the Microphone setting to be on High....their voices are weak.

You Do NOT want to use any "filtering" while you record...after during playback is fine to use filtering.

Use NO Voice Activation...it causes to much voice clipping and the EVP voices are mostly weak anyway (there are some exceptions).

I use the Panasonic RR-DR60 and/or Sony ICD-B7 or ICD-B300 with lots of success....

I have "hundreds" of voices.

It took me about 10 days to get my first voice...and it takes time to "learn" how to hear their voices clearly...

I use 3 minutes as a rule during my recording sessions, that way during playback there is no fatigue while listening for voices of the spirit...

But I always make more than 1 recording in this same place....

Ask a question and then give them about 15 seconds to answer the question before moving on to the next.

*I have a couple of the Olympus WS-100 voice recorders also...

along with MANY others...just "too many" to give them all a fair chance at recording.

I do know that the WS-100 is able to record and listen in real time...just connect a pair of headphones to listen while recording :-)

Is is possible that you might get a "real-time" recording...........

Registered just so I could post this message.

The file I uploaded "tomorrow let you know" was my FIRST EVP Capture (after that I started getting many).

Attached Files

Edited by clockdryve, 04 November 2012 - 02:19 AM.

#14    clockdryve

clockdryve

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

Ooops....I just now notice that you have the WS-110 recorder and NOT the WS-100 that have "live-recording" feature...

But Both recorders look very simular so they MIGHT have the same feature.

I couldn't find anything quickly on the internet....

Might try the headphones...just incase ;-)

#15    Young Medium

Young Medium

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postclockdryve, on 04 November 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

Use the LP setting (long play), that way it picks up all the internal "circuit" noise of the recorder...

This is claimed to be used by the spirit for their voice (white noise)....

You want the Microphone setting to be on High....their voices are weak.

You Do NOT want to use any "filtering" while you record...after during playback is fine to use filtering.

Use NO Voice Activation...it causes to much voice clipping and the EVP voices are mostly weak anyway (there are some exceptions).

I use the Panasonic RR-DR60 and/or Sony ICD-B7 or ICD-B300 with lots of success....

I have "hundreds" of voices.

It took me about 10 days to get my first voice...and it takes time to "learn" how to hear their voices clearly...

I use 3 minutes as a rule during my recording sessions, that way during playback there is no fatigue while listening for voices of the spirit...

But I always make more than 1 recording in this same place....

Ask a question and then give them about 15 seconds to answer the question before moving on to the next.

*I have a couple of the Olympus WS-100 voice recorders also...

along with MANY others...just "too many" to give them all a fair chance at recording.

I do know that the WS-100 is able to record and listen in real time...just connect a pair of headphones to listen while recording :-)

Is is possible that you might get a "real-time" recording...........

Registered just so I could post this message.

The file I uploaded "tomorrow let you know" was my FIRST EVP Capture (after that I started getting many).

wow this is amazing and thanks for the feedback its helped, i have already captured a couple of EVPs... you get a real rush from them its brilliant. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users