Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Capturing the best EVP's

ghost hunting solid evidence

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Audacity is the program our group uses to clean up and filter our evp's it has a free version . We also only filter and work with a copy of the recording.  Just encase you happen to mess up and delete something.
moving the recorder or carrying it causes alot of noise so does wind.  To eliminate this we use external microphones with wind screens and clip them to out shirt collar or hat

#17    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,298 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

So, how do you eliminate the pareidolia-like effect that is caused by simple random coincidental sounds?  What system do you use as a 'null' or 'control' to test the validity of what you are doing?

If you don't understand those terms and why they are not just important but essential... well.. maybe you should.

When I see a paranormal 'investigator' take this subject seriously, I'll get interested.

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#18    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

We take an noise sample as as apart of our slate so that can be removed

#19    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

We also have everyone pressant talk in the slate to get voice samples

#20    EllJay

EllJay

Government Agent

• 3,676 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Postlone wolf2, on 07 December 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Audacity is the program our group uses to clean up and filter our evp's it has a free version . We also only filter and work with a copy of the recording.  Just encase you happen to mess up and delete something.
moving the recorder or carrying it causes alot of noise so does wind.  To eliminate this we use external microphones with wind screens and clip them to out shirt collar or hat

You might be interested in this software, if you can find it.

Clear Voice Denoiser SDK

Type of processing:    
      Continuous and adaptive removal of background noise from speech. Programmable noise reduction parameters. Hiss and rumble additional filters, frequency response forming filter.

The system is implemented as a pre-processing subroutine call, it processes sound signals in digital PCM 16 bit format and is intended to remove automatically additive noise from an input signal with minimal reduction in signal quality. Useful signal (like speech) is automatically separated from background slow varying noise. The types of cancelled noise are: slow varying in amplitude and frequency properties broadband coloured white noise in sum with narrow band harmonics varying in amplitude and frequency such as, for example, office noise, street noise, car noise, hiss and hum in communication channels, noise of home and industrial equipment, slow music, etc. The rate of noise variation in time must be less than the speed of speech (or other useful signal to be retained in processed signal). The procedure is self-adjusting but the controls of the system give to the advanced user an opportunity to fine-tune the system by choosing the best degree of noise reduction.

Important features:    

Up to 30 dB signal-to-noise improvement
    Single tone reduction: > 50 dB
    White noise reduction: > 20 dB
    Selectable frequency banwidth up to S audio sampling rate

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#21    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Thanks Elljay

#22    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Does anyone know how the recorder picks up the spirits?   I have evp's that are loud but no one heard them while recording so im assuming its not sound waves.  I tried using a coil of wire in the mic port a few times.  Got the humming of electric lines and a digital sound from a passing train lol.  No evp's.

#23    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Take one digital and one analog recorder. If the EVP only shows up on one then toss it. Try a faraday cage as well. I am with the EVP's are wishful thinking crowd. It is too easy to eliminate errors and yet it seems (at least what I have seen and heard) no one is truly serious about it. I guess it would not be as much fun if it weren't real and certainly would not sell.

#24    BrookeV

BrookeV

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I actually got an evp from an app I downloaded from my Android

#25    BrookeV

BrookeV

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm a beginner so anything helpful that anyone can share would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users