Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

Luke 19:27

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,973 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 31 October 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them bring them here and kill them in front of me.

http://bible.cc/luke/19-27.htm

Can someone explain to me what Jesus meant with this?

Jesus was talking about the destruction of Jerusalem.

As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because  they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. (Luke 19:11 ESV)

The one who had one minas (or talent) was Jerusalem.  It was taken and given to the Gentiles, who trampled the city underfoot, starting in 70 CE.  Jerusalem did not want Jesus as their king.  By 66 CE, the Gospel had beared great fruit in all places of the world EXCEPT for Jerusalem.  They had chased out the disciples and killed those sent to preach repentance.  If you read Revelation 4-6 in a historical context, and pair it with Matthew 24:14, it can be concluded that the end came in the first century and has been progressing according to God's plan (the sealed scroll of Revelation 5 and 6) since then.

I hope that helped any.

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#62    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,973 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

In addition, Luke 21:24 and several other parts of the New Testament spoke of a Times of the Gentiles as beginning after Jerusalem's desolation.  The saints would be persecuted as well as rule, just as the Jews had.  And like Jerusalem, the Gentile capital Rome is to be destroyed to avenge the blood of the saints and the prophets.  (Revelation 19:1-2)

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users