Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Romney's Dishonest Jeep Ad

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

WASHINGTON -- Vice President Joe Biden tore into Mitt Romney on Wednesday for running ads with a widely debunked claim about Chrysler and General Motors shipping American jobs to China, saying it calls into question the character of the Republican presidential nominee.

During a campaign event in Sarasota, Fla., Biden called the latest ad one of the "most scurrilous" and "most flagrantly dishonest ads I can remember in my political career." The worst part, he said, is that the ad actually caused workers to call United Auto Workers and ask if it was true.

Joe Biden Torches Mitt Romney For 'Flagrantly Dishonest' Jeep Ad

Why does he have to keep running ads like this.  The claims have been proven false.

#2    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostHilander, on 01 November 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

Why does he have to keep running ads like this.  The claims have been proven false.
Why does any politician run any dishonest ad? Because, they know that getting their word out, with their face on it, will affect the voters, maybe just a smidge, but it will. Maybe if every political ad ran a little fact checker ad right after detailing all the things that were wrong in each ad...

Posted Image

~MEH~

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,259 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

I'm only surprised that Biden did not tell the autoworkers that Romney wants to close down their plant and slap them all in chains as slave laborers.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#4    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

He runs dishonest adds because he wouldn't know how to make an honest one...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

The man has been told what he is saying is wrong but he just keeps going.  I know politicians stretch the truth but this is more than just stretching the truth.  I'm wondering if he stands for anything that he has claimed or even knows anything about a lot of his claims or did he just pull it out of a hat because he thinks it will make him look good.

#6    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostHilander, on 01 November 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

The man has been told what he is saying is wrong but he just keeps going.  I know politicians stretch the truth but this is more than just stretching the truth.  I'm wondering if he stands for anything that he has claimed or even knows anything about a lot of his claims or did he just pull it out of a hat because he thinks it will make him look good.

I think that is clearly the case. He cannot keep his beliefs straight for a day. They show him saying contrdicting things ON THE SAME DAY. We are not talking about him flip flopping over the years, he does it daily. I guess by having a clip of him saying he supports both sides, he can please everyone...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#7    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostHilander, on 01 November 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

GM: GM clearly states that foreign investment and  outsourcing of jobs are an integral parts of its growth strategy.

Of the roughly 207k employees GM has... only 74.5k are in the US. Canada has roughly 12k, Mexico around 11.5k and the other near 122k are over seas. Thats from Forbes Magazine.

http://www.forbes.co...general-motors/

As for Chryler/Jeep... yes... they are talking about putting jobs in China... not MOVING jobs there, but creating jobs there.

Letter from the CEO:
On Oct. 22, 2012, at 11:10 a.m. ET, the Bloomberg News report “Fiat Says Jeep® Output May Return to China as Demand Rises” stated “Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Manley (President and CEO of the Jeep brand) referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China.”

Despite clear and accurate reporting, the take has given birth to a number of stories making readers believe that Chrysler plans to shift all Jeep production to China from North America, and therefore idle assembly lines and U.S. workforce. It is a leap that would be difficult even for professional circus acrobats.

Let’s set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China. It’s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world’s largest auto market. U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation. A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users