Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] 500 cats intercepted en route to restaurants

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

500 cats intercepted en route to restaurants in China.

A truck filled with 500 cats, thought to be on their way to a number of restaurants, has been intercepted in Xuzhou, eastern China's Jiangsu Province.

http://travel.aol.co...?ncid=webmail10

#2    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,517 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

And the guy still makes a profit.... :no:

Seven hours later the owner of the load arrived but refused to reveal where the cats had come from. After bargaining for three hours, the owner agreed to sell the cats to the animal rescue volunteers for 3500 Yuan (£350).

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#3    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,546 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Is this why my Kung Poa Cat was late when i ordered it?

#4    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,546 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

This actually reminds me of a brief story i heard in the 90's (maybe an urban legend) about a British family (mother, father and little daughter) in Hong Kong for the fathers work.

The girl was getting lonely and the father decided to buy her a pet cat. After a few hours of looking for a pet store, they found a shop with kittens and puppies in a back alley. The father asked the girl which one she wanted and the girl picked one out. The shop teller picked up the kitten and took its head off with a meat cleaver and handed it to the little girl.

Obviously it wasn't a pet shop...

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,758 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

what a catastrophic turn of events for that restaurant - robbing them of business like that.

#6    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Personally I see no difference between 300 cats and the 300 rabbits that the truck driver claimed were onboard.

I also find it strange that in a country where millions of cats are skinned alive in fur farms every year, that anyone would be bothered about a truck load on their way to resturants.

#7    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 01 November 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

This actually reminds me of a brief story i heard in the 90's (maybe an urban legend) about a British family (mother, father and little daughter) in Hong Kong for the fathers work.

The girl was getting lonely and the father decided to buy her a pet cat. After a few hours of looking for a pet store, they found a shop with kittens and puppies in a back alley. The father asked the girl which one she wanted and the girl picked one out. The shop teller picked up the kitten and took its head off with a meat cleaver and handed it to the little girl.

they don't actually kill them that way. I saw a documentary many years back i think on HBO and it was about animal cruelty. In one segment they showed a resurant in china that served dogs and cats and they showed them preparing one for a customer. What they did was noose the cat around the neck with a wire on a pole. They then took it into the kitchen and thumped it on the head several times with a wooden mallet. The "cook" then made an incision on both sides of the cats neck. the cat is still in the noose at this point. He then puts it into a deep fat frier for about 5 seconds or so and pulls it out. Apprently this is to help get the skin off because he then took a tool and just peeled the skin of the cat off from the neck down all in one peice. He then un-noosed the cat into a large pool of water in the middle of the kitchen. At that point they stopped showing the process but the cat was still moving in the water. I don't know if it was still alive or if that was reflexes but it was very disturbing to watch and I have never forgotten it.

Edited by Grey14, 01 November 2012 - 09:58 PM.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,362 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 01 November 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Personally I see no difference between 300 cats and the 300 rabbits that the truck driver claimed were onboard.

I also find it strange that in a country where millions of cats are skinned alive in fur farms every year, that anyone would be bothered about a truck load on their way to resturants.
Actually a man I know from Peru told me that growing up his nieghbor was a chef who specialized in unusual dishes and he served him cat one time.  I asked him what it tasted like and he said rabbit.

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Poor cats.

#10    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 01 November 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

This is probably quite true . In parts of Asia ,mostly China and Vietnam ,dogs and cats are in displays of a kind ,where you pick one out and its killed or killed and cooked for you,right there.
It's exactly the same as the lobster tank at the fancy fish restaurant ,Where you pick out your lobster before dinner .

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostAtlantia, on 01 November 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

There are now dog and cat rescue groups ,in Korea and China,for just such instances . PETA now has an Asia branch . I actually considered applying for the Japan coordinator job ,as I would be qualified for it ,but for some bizarre reason ,their Japan reps,are stationed in I think Singapore .
I actually have a close friend in s'pore,but I have no desire to live there .

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#12    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,146 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

MeOOOOOOOWWWWW

#13    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,096 posts

• I don't want to believe; I want to know.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

I don't care how "socially acceptable" it is in other countries to eat cats and dogs, here in the U.S it is not and I am glad.
I am also glad things are changing in that people in other countries are at least trying to change things.

Posted Image If you could go to my scroll and click my other egg, I'd appreciate it!
Visit my Forest of Mirrors Hold
My Tale of Dragons Lair

#14    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

I love cats, they have a wonderful soul...they should not be eaten!

#15    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,012 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Excuse me while I hug my big yellow tom.  :cry:  I wish I hadn't looked at this thread.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users