Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Superhero Voters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

My boss asked me this morning 'who do you think Captain America would vote for?' After a discussion that was more about the fact that Captain America wouldn't be allowed to vote (being someone's 'alter ego') but Steve Rogers would be allowed to vote, it got me thinking.

Going off of that, who do you think some superheroes (or their alter egos) would vote in this election, as long as they're US citizens and all. Just figured it might be a fun little game, perhaps give us a reason for why they would pick Romney or Obama. Can be jokingly or a serious answer, it don't matter, it'll be interesting just to see what people think.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,979 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

I bet they wouldn't vote for anyone because their alter ego would want the power themselves.

#3    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

In the super hero universe the presidents are usually working for the orginzation that wants super heroes to be booked and their identies to be revealed. So I'd imagine they won't usually like public authority.

In the D.C universe I'm pretty sure Lex Luther was president at one point. So I bet Clark Kent did not vote him.

But in the real universe I'd imagine most would vote for Obama or a third party. Probably a third party. Iron Man probably being the one douche that votes for Mitt.  Assuming superheroes don't stubbornly stick to parties. In that case they would be just insta-vote party blind like alot of people.

Martian Manhunter would probably be interested in illegal aliens policies more then anything...Heh heh.

Although to be completely honest I don't think any of them would vote. Other then goody two shoes heroes like Superman and Captain America.  Authority probably means nothing to them. They could care less who wins. I think their life as a normal person and their secret idenity would be the thing that actually decides who they vote for. Them being a superhero won't influence who they vote for. More likely it would just stem a hatred of Mick and Obama and all officials.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#4    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,324 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm not American and I can't understand why anybody would vote for either of them :no:

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#5    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,552 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

why they vote when it's all the same .. another blood sucker and fraud that never deliver on his promises :D
although i think superheros would vote for democrates .. instead of war mongerls republican party

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 03 November 2012 - 11:39 AM.

"why should we not rely on Allah when he guided us our path . we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. for those who want to put their trust in someone should put their trust in Allah.

#6    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 3,524 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I don't see Clark Kent voting - he is an illegal immigrant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users