Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can UFOs cause air accidents ?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,839 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Could the distraction of a UFO sighting during a flight be enough to cause a collision or crash ?

Discovery News said:

UFO debunker Robert Sheaffer puts it more bluntly blog: ". . . the number of fatalities in airline accidents caused by UFOs equals the number of motorists killed in vehicle collisions with unicorns. "

Posted Image Read more...

#2    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

This article seems to be based on the assumption that the term UFO implies something of extraterrestrial origin.
I suppose, in theory, an aviation accident could occur IF a vehicle of ET origin presented itself unexpectedly in the path of an aircraft.
AFAIK, that has never happened.
It would seem unlikely that a vehicle and/or occupants capable of navigating through light years of our galaxy could not find it's way safely through our skies.
The fact is that UFO's do collide with aircraft and cause damage and accidents...however they are usually identified after the collision has occured, or seconds before...
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Bird_strike

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,979 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

I don't see why not even if they didn't collide.  All the UFO's that I have heard about can move rather quickly in any direction so I would think an actual collision would be rare unless maybe there was a malfunction.  I can understand where seeing a UFO might cause pilot error and that result in a crash.

#4    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostHilander, on 02 November 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

I don't see why not even if they didn't collide.  All the UFO's that I have heard about can move rather quickly in any direction so I would think an actual collision would be rare unless maybe there was a malfunction.  I can understand where seeing a UFO might cause pilot error and that result in a crash.

There are ample reports to suggest that UFO's have interfered with car electrical systems and stopped engines.  The implications for airliners are obvious and terrifying.  There is no reason to suggest that plane systems are any more immune to powerful E-M interference than cars.

Posted Image

#5    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Look up Richard Haines, who has found many air incidents caused by UFOs.  There have probably been more of these than we will ever know about.

#6    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Well, by definition "unidentified flying objects" could cause accidents. If they are unidentified and they fly, of course!

If there really are ETs flying around us, is of course a completely different question.

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

I could see it happening If like Zoser said it somehow interfered with the planes electrical systems

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

With all the UFOs flying around in space, as has been proven in the "More NASA UFOs?" thread, I'm surprised that a space shuttle or two haven't been downed.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 02 November 2012 - 06:45 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#9    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 02 November 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

With all the UFOs flying around in space, as has been proven in the "More NASA UFOs?" thread, I'm surprised that a space shuttle or two haven't been downed.

Well space is extremely big, How do you mean downed  like literally had a collison or ?

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#10    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I guess there's a lot less interference up there, not like down here where they can be taken out with radar like in the Roswell incident.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,090 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I think "ET" UFO's are far too advanced to allow a collision. Plus, planes are generally(not always) seperated by a relatively safe distance.

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 02 November 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I guess there's a lot less interference up there, not like down here where they can be taken out with radar like in the Roswell incident.
Oh I see, Have I told you I really like your avatar :tu:

#13    ufonuts

ufonuts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• What if Everything We Know is Wrong?

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

But it still points to evidence that UFO's do indeed exist! Naturally!

Just Accept it, God is an Alien!  Visit my Very Own Web-Site: http://www.GodIsanAlien.info

#14    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

i was watching something on Tv the other night, about a UFO small plane accident in mexico a while back according to that show ( note that i am not saying i believe or disbelieve) there have been several small plane/ UFO accidents or very close calls over the years. Personally i think it is a better chance that the small planes were shot down as drug runners but the one in mexico was said to have a saucer recovered and a squad of mexican military dead as a result.

#15    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 02 November 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

LOL, I never thought I would see "UFO" and "proven" in the same sentence.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users