Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

China Seeks Role as Second Superpower

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,038 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Spiegel said:

Next week, Beijing will open its 18th party congress at which the Communist Party will select the country's new leader. One of the core issues at the meeting will be the role in China of a military that has gained considerable influence. Some in the party are unhappy with its powerful position.

Everyone who attended the event later said that this sort of thing had never occurred before, not once since the communists assumed power in China 63 years ago and the party assumed control of the military. It also happened when everyone was in a mood to relax, at a "holiday banquet" in honor of top generals.

The Communist Party in Beijing had organized the banquet in February to emphasize harmony between politicians and the military. When a senior officer in the air force was about to make a toast to his comrades in the political camp, General Zhang Qinsheng pushed him aside and shouted: "Enough of this cajolery! There are pigs in the party who are plotting against me!" Then he berated President Hu Jintao, who was also sitting at the table, and accused him of being part of the conspiracy against him. The outraged Hu stormed out, and the military officers still in the room had trouble controlling Zhang, who allegedly kept yelling obscenities.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,268 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Seems rather a pity that some British Generals don't grow some balls, if one is allowed to use that phrase, and say what they really think of the Political leaders.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,663 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Although the caption you quoted "Some in the party are unhappy with its powerful position" sounds like there are some leaders in China that don't feel they need to dominate with thier military, I found no content in the article to support that.  I guess I may be reading it wrong and the phrase means they aren't happy with the current strength of the military and would like to develop it.

A few or maybe five of years ago members of the Chinese military, including generals wrote blogs and they had some scary propaganda in them.  One of the aspects about China that freaks me out is claims of Sovereignty they make about not only taiwan, but because there are records that they fielded expeditions to North America there have been Generals that have made public statements that they have rights to parts of Canada, the U.S., and Mexico.  They make the same claim concerning vast swaths of Siberia.  And also the Senkaku (however it's spelled) Islands, currently claimed by Japan.

I find Chinese sabre rattling disturbing and anticipate that with a new president with closer ties to the military than any of his predeccesors the world is not going to feel like a safer place.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I don't trust China or their motives.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

http://www.japantoda...r_2012-11-02_PM

Miss me?

#6    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostHilander, on 02 November 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I don't trust China or their motives.

Thats because your proberbley american!

As for the topic itself!

the problem here is that like most of the countries in the region the military has more political and economical influence than the government itself! often acting as a completley separate entity, this can be a very bad thing pakistan is a very good example.

Edited by .AKUMA., 05 November 2012 - 12:17 AM.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#7    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,268 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

View Post.AKUMA., on 05 November 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Thats because your proberbley american!

Does one have to be American not to trust them?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,254 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

The Chinese have the patience to wait,maybe a 100 yrs to get what they want,the Western world doesn't have that.How is their economy booming when the rest of us are in the pit ?

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#9    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

The Chinese have the patience to wait,maybe a 100 yrs to get what they want,the Western world doesn't have that.How is their economy booming when the rest of us are in the pit ?

because stupid (bought off) politicians let almost all our manufacturing move to china :whistle:

#10    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

At the Ready.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Post747400, on 05 November 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Does one have to be American not to trust them?

And why shouldn't anyone trust china?
Have china started any wars in the past few years?
Has china invaded nations over oil?
Has china armed terrorists to over throw a nations government?
Has china invaded nations over a lie?
Has china launched drone strikes in territory belonging to its own "alleged" Allie, killing their civilians?
and the list goes on!
so who is more trustworthy

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#11    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,402 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

And why shouldn't anyone trust china?
Have china started any wars in the past few years?
Has china invaded nations over oil?
Has china armed terrorists to over throw a nations government?
Has china invaded nations over a lie?
Has china launched drone strikes in territory belonging to its own "alleged" Allie, killing their civilians?
and the list goes on!
so who is more trustworthy

Did america kills 50-80 million of their own people? :whistle: :no:

#12    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

At the Ready.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 05 November 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Did america kills 50-80 million of their own people? :whistle: :no:

Were did you make this number up from? I cant find any evidence of such a genocide, either way my response was to the post regarding" trusting china" with all the events that have taken place over the years the united states seems to be the nation no one can trust!

One World, One Order

#13    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,402 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Were did you make this number up from? I cant find any evidence of such a genocide, either way my response was to the post regarding" trusting china" with all the events that have taken place over the years the united states seems to be the nation no one can trust!

made it up? i'm sure the relatives of the dead beg to differ. seriously, just google the mass deaths that occurred under Mao's great leap forward. it's truly shocking - makes stalin and hitler's total look civil.

#14    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

At the Ready.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 05 November 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

made it up? i'm sure the relatives of the dead beg to differ. seriously, just google the mass deaths that occurred under Mao's great leap forward. it's truly shocking - makes stalin and hitler's total look civil.

My mistake just looked up "the great leap forward"
Truly......Truly! shocking!! Either way this has very little relevance to trusting china on the international stage.

One World, One Order

#15    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I wouldn't trust either of them. In fact, I don't trust Human Governments, period.

My faith lies in the Heavenly Government.

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users