Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Weird!


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    thump

thump

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

The other night a friend was over at my place, we were wanting to watch a scary movie, when putting the movie in the dvd player it would play, but wouldnt play voice. It was just muffled when the people talked. So we put in a family type of movie and it played fine. So tried a different scary movie, same as the first one, muffled noise when people talked. We settled for a family type of movie since that was the only type of movie it would actually play correctly.
Two days later, my family and I were out running around town, shopping. Just something to do to get away from the house. All of a sudden my cel phone rang, I answered it thru my ear piece, no response... so I hung up. A few minutes later the cel phone rang again, still no one answered when I said hello. Thrid time the cel phone rang, I looked at my phone to see what number had been calling me, it said " HOME ". This is weird because there was no one at home, everyone who lives with me was with me shopping. I thought maybe the dogs knocked a phone down and hit redial, but that wasnt the case-- I had checked the phones when I got home, they were right where we left them and plus the redial number was to a friend of mine. What do you think this could be? And why? :unsure2:

www.discusstheparanormal.com

#2    Redefining Success

Redefining Success

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North West UK

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

I recently broke my phone so had to dig "old faithful" out from the kitchen cupboard.

Driving home and went to ring my better half on the home phone, some bloke answered.
Turns out I rang my old house phone which was saved on the phone as opposed to using the sim card memory.

As for the DVD's, have they been played ok before? maybe there a different region thats been picked up or incorrectly marked.

If what I type offends you, don't see it as an attack, but as my opinion.

#3    thump

thump

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

The dvd's have worked correctly except for that night and they are working properly now. It was just that night they were doing that.
The phone thing is weird as well, since no one was home to call my cel phone. All contacts are correct in my cel phone, so it couldnt be a wrong number that called me.. it was my house number which came up on my screen and said " HOME ".

www.discusstheparanormal.com

#4    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Time to start recording EVPs. On a side note I want to make love to the demon chick in your avatar.


#5    thump

thump

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Lol she is cute huh!
I have thought bout recordings, just hadnt had much time for it yet. Maybe soon!

www.discusstheparanormal.com

#6    Bracket

Bracket

    Evil Monkey Genius

  • Member
  • 3,968 posts
  • Joined:26 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massachusetts

  • I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Simple. A serial killer is stalking you. :tu:

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,589 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

That is strange.  Is it a new place or have you been there for awhile?


#8    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

If you have a decent enough phone you download a sound recording app. There are some pretty good ones too.


#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

.hmmmm,that is weird .I hope you dont have a nasty in the house .

Miss me?

#10    notoverrated

notoverrated

    O.O

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • courage > scooby

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 02 November 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Time to start recording EVPs. On a side note I want to make love to the demon chick in your avatar.
well he doesnt waste anytime :P

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#11    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa, Florida

  • You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 02 November 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

On a side note I want to make love to the demon chick in your avatar.

You and me both.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#12    thump

thump

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

I have been here at this location for 3 yrs now. This is the first time anything of this nature has ever happened.

www.discusstheparanormal.com

#13    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,865 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postthump, on 05 November 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

I have been here at this location for 3 yrs now. This is the first time anything of this nature has ever happened.
Anything new going on around there. Something that would "stir up ghosts"


#14    GenerationNine

GenerationNine

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Joined:04 May 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Minnesota, USA

  • Never assume.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hmmm...weird. Is there anything wrong with the phones at your house? Has anything like that happened since?

It's important to be both skeptical and open-minded.

#15    Professor T

Professor T

    bardo

  • Member
  • 2,504 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postthump, on 02 November 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

The other night a friend was over at my place, we were wanting to watch a scary movie, when putting the movie in the dvd player it would play, but wouldnt play voice. It was just muffled when the people talked. So we put in a family type of movie and it played fine. So tried a different scary movie, same as the first one, muffled noise when people talked. We settled for a family type of movie since that was the only type of movie it would actually play correctly.
Two days later, my family and I were out running around town, shopping. Just something to do to get away from the house. All of a sudden my cel phone rang, I answered it thru my ear piece, no response... so I hung up. A few minutes later the cel phone rang again, still no one answered when I said hello. Thrid time the cel phone rang, I looked at my phone to see what number had been calling me, it said " HOME ". This is weird because there was no one at home, everyone who lives with me was with me shopping. I thought maybe the dogs knocked a phone down and hit redial, but that wasnt the case-- I had checked the phones when I got home, they were right where we left them and plus the redial number was to a friend of mine. What do you think this could be? And why? :unsure2:

Just a thought.. But It might be worth taking this as a message not to watch spooky movies anymore..





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users