Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

First time EVP... hearing stuff right away?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    D3lit3

D3lit3

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hello,

So I recently have become really interested in the paranormal and I think since childhood I have always had a sense for these things. So I decided to take a recorder and see if anything would come into contact with me. This was just a test session and I chose a cemetery that I have heard to be very active. So equipped with just a recorder after the sun goes down, I drive to the cemetery.

Now here is where it gets weird. The EVPs I recorded can be heard from the get go while I am still labeling and introducing my recording. Keep in mind that this is within the car still, and I have not gotten out. This leads me to doubt that these are EVP however I have nothing to go on really as I have never done this so maybe some people here could help me. If I was hearing the spirits in my car, does that mean they were ready all along? Or they were with me when I got there? Again, this was inside the car and the cemetery is in a rural area so no outside audio contamination occurs until you hear me get out of the car at the end.

Please listen to the 20 second clip.

http://www35.zippysh...95060/file.html

The first EVP happens at around the 5 second mark, and is amplified. It sounds like a moan or like someone mimicking me actually, which leads me to believe that it is my echo somehow. The second EVP is amplified and is heard towards the end, at around the 16 second mark I can hear someone whispering "help....me". Am I hearing things?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edited by D3lit3, 02 November 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,374 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostD3lit3, on 02 November 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Hello,

So I recently have become really interested in the paranormal and I think since childhood I have always had a sense for these things. So I decided to take a recorder and see if anything would come into contact with me. This was just a test session and I chose a cemetery that I have heard to be very active. So equipped with just a recorder after the sun goes down, I drive to the cemetery.

Now here is where it gets weird. The EVPs I recorded can be heard from the get go while I am still labeling and introducing my recording. Keep in mind that this is within the car still, and I have not gotten out. This leads me to doubt that these are EVP however I have nothing to go on really as I have never done this so maybe some people here could help me. If I was hearing the spirits in my car, does that mean they were ready all along? Or they were with me when I got there? Again, this was inside the car and the cemetery is in a rural area so no outside audio contamination occurs until you hear me get out of the car at the end.

The first EVP happens at around the 5 second mark, and is amplified. It sounds like a moan or like someone mimicking me actually, which leads me to believe that it is my echo somehow. The second EVP is amplified and is heard towards the end, at around the 16 second mark I can hear someone whispering "help....me". Am I hearing things?

I listened 3 times and just could not hear the words "help me" at the 16 second mark.  You have a tendency to breathe into your recorder - or very audible breathing so I think the moan was just you.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,024 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 02 November 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

I listened 3 times and just could not hear the words "help me" at the 16 second mark.  You have a tendency to breathe into your recorder - or very audible breathing so I think the moan was just you.

:tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,297 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Welcome to UM.

#5    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,515 posts

• Just because it is in a book doesn't mean it is real or even remotely true.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm sorry but I really didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

#6    Decapitated

Decapitated

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

View PostD3lit3, on 02 November 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Hello,

Dude..that's the worst place to go, nothing but evil  spirtis in cemeterys.

#7    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,024 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostDecapitated, on 10 November 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Dude..that's the worst place to go, nothing but evil  spirtis in cemeterys.

Strange, I thought Cemeteries had dead bodies and ashes of bodies buried there, all if not most " laid to rest " by a Faith based orginization leader, with Prayers to boot.

Cemeteries are a Holy place, and have a lot to do ( with most faiths ) with the " resurrection "....( and not meaning the actual bodies )

There is nothing evil about a cemetery at all, no one died there, no one was killed there.

What is evil, and disrespectful is going to one and asking dead people to talk to you in a recorder.......If you want to do that, go to your own familes graves, not complete strangers. People buried love ones to get some peace, and closure. Not to have some asses come try to " talk " to them.......

If I came across that at any of my families grave sites ( hell, any ones ) I would be doing some serious teaching of respect.

Edited by Sakari, 10 November 2012 - 06:46 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#8    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

EVP is nonsense, its auditory pareidolia,... a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#9    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,935 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

I can rarely hear anything in EVP without being prompted about what I'm supposed to hear, and even then I regularly can't make out anything.  

Sorry, but I can't hear anything remotely like "help me" in that clip around the 16 second mark.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#10    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,515 posts

• Just because it is in a book doesn't mean it is real or even remotely true.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Interesting how all these EVP's always have some sort of dread or foreboding attached to it.

You never hear a nice and clear message like  "Hi, what's up?" or something like that..it's always "Help Me", "Die", Get Out!" or whatever.

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,024 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostRyu, on 10 November 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Interesting how all these EVP's always have some sort of dread or foreboding attached to it.

You never hear a nice and clear message like  "Hi, what's up?" or something like that..it's always "Help Me", "Die", Get Out!" or whatever.

I have some cool EVP's that I recorded on a phone a while back.

Me and the wife were staying in a Motel on the coast, and a bike club ( I consider myself a biker, although had to sell it 2 years ago due to finance issues ) stayed in the rooms above us.

Even if I had the recordings still, I could not share them here, but I can say, starting around 2 AM, the voices we were hearing were not evil, or bad.....They were so clear, and loud, I had to record them.

:whistle:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#12    RAGE4TRUTH

RAGE4TRUTH

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

I really didn't hear anything notable.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic