Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Angler catches 100 different species of fish

trevor cozens angler fish

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostSakari, on 03 November 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

You did not answer me about the videos?

I consider the fishing industry ( for food ) the worst thing going on for fish. Actually, stats will show this. We are killing them off, from this industry.

Sport fishing ( I throw mine back healthy ) is not doing anything to hurt the numbers at all.

Just watched them - don't rush me! ;)  They are hardly representative of the whole fishing industry in my opinion. I only eat line caught fish personally because I am aware of these things going on.

#17    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,535 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostBling, on 03 November 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Just watched them - don't rush me! ;)  They are hardly representative of the whole fishing industry in my opinion. I only eat line caught fish personally because I am aware of these things going on.

Oh trust me, when it comes the the factory ships, and commercial fisheries....Nothing good comes out of them. I am not talking family owned, mom and pop boats out of Port Orford, and like seen on Deadliest Catch, I am talking the giants....

Now, are you only buying things that say " line caught ", or ones you caught yourself?

When you say line caught, that is long lining...Not really a fair deal either. Many fish get caught that should not be. ( I live near Port Orford and Bandon, Fregon...Fishing communities )

Now here is how tuna should be caught commercially......I feel anyway.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostSakari, on 03 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Now, are you only buying things that say " line caught ", or ones you caught yourself?

I don't go fishing, I buy my fish from the shop - let someone else smell fishy!

#19    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,766 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

If anything, hook an line should be encouraged. The main thing destroying the ocean ecosystem is using those massive nets that just reel in anything. Maximise profit, minimise time, maximise intake of untargeted marine life and reap out whole shoals. A completely unsustainable process on a wide scale.

#20    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

I could think of better ways to spend my money, but to each his own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users